It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google And US Immigration Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hey everyone,

this thread is a bit unusual for me, but i feel like i need to air this out just in case i'm not off the mark.

in short, something wasn't adding up for me.

i recalled a number of articles in the past few months with reference to obama's leniency on refugee sanctuaries here in the united states, and couldn't seem to easily find them.

i figured the sentiment of proposing the intake of 100,000+ refugees without any clear cut vetting policy would raise some eyebrows and cause some conversation given trump's recently passed immigration bans. is it me, or is there a strange moratorium on this subject? why aren't we talking about how dangerous the concept of our former president allowing 100,000+ non-vetted refugees into the country is?

case in point, i found some interesting google results. i encourage you all to do the same and let me know if i'm off base on this.

looks like google is burying results.

"obama refugees" typed into google without a date filter:

No Date Filter

for pages and pages, all you get are results directly connected to trump's recent events, and passive mentions of obama's passing comments on the matter.

"obama refugees" typed into google with a date filter between July and October of 2016:

July - October Filter

here's my bare bones question to you all, in hopes that i'm reading too much into this:

is this simply a coincidence, and can be chalked up to google's relevance algorithms?

"well, facedye, i don't really see where you're going with this. what do you think is happening here?"

if it's not an innocuous coincidence, it looks to me like someone over at google doesn't want to make this a clear talking point.

you know, a talking point that can potentially come back to make us revisit the recent past and question particular presidential motives.

thoughts?
edit on 30-1-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

This has already been brought up. Obama had no issues with this in 2011 and signed it into law! Now all of a sudden P. Trump decided to sign an EO to basically say enforce it, the hypocrisy of the Progressive Left has shown it's ugly face!

My question to them is simply this! "Where was the outrage in 2011?"!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This has already been brought up. Obama had no issues with this in 2011 and signed it into law! Now all of a sudden P. Trump decided to sign an EO to basically say enforce it, the hypocrisy of the Progressive Left has shown it's ugly face!

My question to them is simply this! "Where was the outrage in 2011?"!

seeker,

i guess my focus here is on the specific point that it's kind of hard to pull up the articles where he was literally calling for over a hundred thousand refugees to receive asylum here in the US. kinda like you have to be looking for it to find it.

i find that odd, but maybe that's just me over analyzing.

i do agree about the ban proposed in 2011. i'm not sure if the scope of nations was still the same, but they certainly proposed the same kinds of guidelines.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You are absolutely right!

These Corporations are promoting an agenda and you discovered it! Bury what is not desired while promoting what IS desired!

We are witnessing the outcome of this with our children in our public educational system too!

Wasn't it the great Novel "1984" that mentioned the "Ministry of Truth"?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wasn't there a media blackout on reports on the refugees Obama brought in and related crimes?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Wasn't there a media blackout on reports on the refugees Obama brought in and related crimes?

Was there?

I don't recall them actually shying away from stories like this.

If that definitely were the case, it'd make perfect sense as to why these articles are a bit of a chore to find.

Would you happen to have any reference to them making light of this situation when it arose?

new topics

top topics

join