It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR)/Green Card Re-Entry Info is Vague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi,
Regarding new requirement that Green Card holders must be screened
by a US embassy before boarding flight to return to the US, info out
there is, as of today, vague or missing.

It's assumed that green card holders from the 7 "target countries"
must be screened or denied boarding, based on vague media reports.

The state dept website and main stream media lacks specifics
about green card holders from allied countries, such as UK.

Question becomes, "will green card holders from friendly countries
also have to go to an embassy and be screened prior to returning
to US?" If so, what's the likely outcome of such screening?
What's the criteria that each embassy will use while screening?

Thanks much

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

Question becomes, "will green card holders from friendly countries
also have to go to an embassy and be screened prior to returning
to US?" If so, what's the likely outcome of such screening?
What's the criteria that each embassy will use while screening?

When my wife was a green card holder, before we could board an overseas flight to the USA her paperwork was checked before boarding.. That saves allot of hassle if your records are not up to snuff upon arrival..
NOW... all this propaganda over the Muslim ban is exactly that... There were 109 people detained at the airport upon their arrival... While around 325,000 were let in as business as usual.

Anything that can be twisted or blown out of proportion by MSN to make the new president look bad for doing what he said he was going to do during the campaign will be used. The seven countries on the 120 day no entry list deserve to be on the list..... unfortunately the list was not long enough IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It sure is vague.

Lets not forget about people on work visas.

Seems as though these two groups were also turned away, incarcerated or eventually freed.

Its as though the Trump administration didnt really think this through. Hard to believe, I know.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not being argumentative but where did you get those numbers? (109 and 325,000)

I have tried to locate these specifics but Google beat me down wading through all the hysteria. I'm sure there has to be some record or tally of what is happening.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Ah.....never mind. Found something from DHS amidst the emotional outpouring.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing your experience.

And people want to forget that this laws banning countries of interestwere enacted under Obama, signed two times, laws regarding visas and green cards has always been in the books too, Trump is enforcing them and added one more country Syria, but Trump is a good target because targeting Obama would have made it racist.

My friend is Mexican she was detained after coming back from Mexico on a visit to her family and she had all her legal paperwork with her and because she flagged when entering the US in Texas her legal and expensive path to citizenship was delayed.

Yes the screening is there for a reason, people steals identifications, hell mine got stole by an illegal because Puertorrican are SS are prime for illegals buying identity, it took me a year to fix it.

Thankfully my friend got her citizenship and is very happen to be an American, guess what she also voted for Trump and is against illegal immigration.

People that never travel oversea and are not citizens have no idea how the screening is done, but they complain the most.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Is been in the news this morning the True numbers of detainees vs the amount of people that entered with not problems, but the activist media outlets were pushing that every body was detained.

Only 120 or more were detained screened and released, from the thousands that enters into the US daily, from Muslim countries.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Not being argumentative but where did you get those numbers? (109 and 325,000)

I have tried to locate these specifics but Google beat me down wading through all the hysteria. I'm sure there has to be some record or tally of what is happening.

Thanks in advance.
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Green Card dilemma started with an unconfirmed MSM email rumor that was amplified

"It will bar green card holders," acting DHS spokeswoman Gillian Christensen told Reuters
.....^^unconfirmed email rumor^^

Then the White House commented.

Then the rumors continued.

Then the DHS made a clarification

Release Date:
January 29, 2017

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

WASHINGTON – In applying the provisions of the president's executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest.

Accordingly, absent the receipt of significant derogatory information indicating a serious threat to public safety and welfare, lawful permanent resident status will be a dispositive factor in our case-by-case determinations.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Which is exactly how it was worded in Trump's executive order.
The order gave DHS the authority to review on a case-by-case basis and to authorize admittance when in the national interest.

People were freaking out over nothing.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The details are probably vague because, as instructed in the EO, they are now re-evaluating their entry requirements and strengthening them - for public safety.

That is why there is a "temporary" delay in further admittance.
They want to have their procedures in place and start vetting people more stringently.
Since the previous vetting methods were doubtful, according to our intelligence agency reports, they need to reevaluate visas and green cards previously provided to people from those countries.

Once they have their procedures established, they will begin vetting again.

They had to stop admittance during this process, because if the allowed people to continue entering, with them knowing things were soon changing, there would have been a flood of people trying to get in before the vetting changes.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: xuenchen

Which is exactly how it was worded in Trump's executive order.
The order gave DHS the authority to review on a case-by-case basis and to authorize admittance when in the national interest.

People were freaking out over nothing.

Yup.

Totally Triggered.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Its as though the Trump administration didnt really think this through. Hard to believe, I know.

Oh, they thought it through very thoroughly.

They can't get at the terrorists, so they upset the lives of the innocent instead.

It's the same reason they bomb hospitals.

They believe that terrorists use hospitals as cover to hide, so they bomb the hospitals in order that the terrorists have no safe place to hide. Then, they claim it was a mistake, and apologize. Then set up a committee to investigate the error, etc..All the while knowing it was deliberate.

If you believe the bad guys are hiding among the good guys, the only strategy is to attack the good guys.

Attack and apologize.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa

It's assumed that green card holders from the 7 "target countries"
must be screened or denied boarding, based on vague media reports.

I found your problem, you watch the wrong media. Look for people reporting news, not trying to create it.

new topics

top topics

join