It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most claims about Trump’s visa Executive Order are false or misleading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: BubbaJoe

When you take the time to read the material in its entirety and then offer comment I will take the time to read the remainder of your post and respond accordingly.

What parts are false and why?

Do what you want, but when he immediately sets the tone, I tend to quit, tend to do that with a lot of sites, both left and right. Not really interested in anyone's partisan BS, as it is just that. Trump has proved himself to be an idiot, at least to me, and violated our constitution, he should be impeached as early as tomorrow, for a variety of reasons.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Anyone claiming religious persecution falls under the EO and existing immigration laws. Christians seeking refuge status under obama were denied were muslims were not. Why is it an issue to allow it now, replacing the policy of the former administration via an EO?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

But your post is admitting your own partisan "BS". You refuse to see the factual information and instead choose to remain ignorant of facts by choice. What good does that serve?

I will ask again - what parts of the article are not true.
Secondly what part of the constitution was violated - specifically.
edit on 29-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This has little to do with Trump and more to do with the media and how they are reporting. As in little to no factual information.

And the OP is an opinion piece on a right wing blog, see my comments to the OP. With this EO, Trump has violated the Constitution, and should be impeached, just my opinion. Bannon seems to be behind much of it, but the public has no recourse against him.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Except its not. The article takes each lie the media keeps repeating and corrects the record with facts using the EO that people are speaking of but apparently didnt bother to read it.

What parts are untrue?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My question is: Was that provision that I outlined in Obama's EO? It seems everything about that EO is similar to Obama, so I would like to know. Did Obama make an exception for Christians when he put forth that same EO last year, or was that provision added when this new EO was drafted?

Can you answer that or no?

edit on 29-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

No obama refused christian requests for refuge status, taking muslims over them. Just as a policy directive from Obama changed the citizenship requirements, exempting people from taking an oath to defend this nation and removing the requirement of the pledge of allegiance.

Want to guess why and which group or religion views that as incompatible with their religion?

Trump's EO is specific and changes the previous administrations policies / directives.

Or would you prefer the EO's be a quivering mass of indecision and confusion?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But your post is admitting your own partisan "BS". You refuse to see the factual information and instead choose to remain ignorant of facts by choice. What good does that serve?

I will ask again - what parts of the article are not true.
Secondly what part of the constitution was violated - specifically.

He signed an EO discriminating against Muslims, how does this not violate the constitution, Muslims fighting is like Methodists and Baptists warring in our streets. He violated the first amendment, impeach him tomorrow.

How do I have partisan BS when I claim no allegiance to either, and actually voted, Libertarian, Democrat, and Republican on my ballot?

I don't like Trump, think he is an ass, and hope I am wrong, but I believe he will do great damage to this country in the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No obama refused christian requests for refuge status, taking muslims over them. Just as a policy directive from Obama changed the citizenship requirements, exempting people from taking an oath to defend this nation and removing the requirement of the pledge of allegiance.

Want to guess why and which group or religion views that as incompatible with their religion?

Trump's EO is specific and changes the previous administrations policies / directives.

Or would you prefer the EO's be a quivering mass of indecision and confusion?

I am assuming you have a source to back this revelation up, other than Limbaugh, or some other crap like that?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

He did not sign an EO discriminating against Muslims and I ask you to support your claim.

The EO does NOT ban Muslims only nor does it apply to all muslim dominate nations. Your accusation is without merit.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

This has little to do with Trump and more to do with the media and how they are reporting. As in little to no factual information.

And the OP is an opinion piece on a right wing blog, see my comments to the OP. With this EO, Trump has violated the Constitution, and should be impeached, just my opinion. Bannon seems to be behind much of it, but the public has no recourse against him.

Immigration is under the direct control of the Executive Branch and the President.
Other presidents have issued executive orders limiting and expanding immigration.
Even Obama stopped immigration from Iraq for 6 months.
There is nothing about Trump's EO that is impeachable any more than the executive actions of other presidents.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Christians in predominantly Islamic governments are routinely persecuted.

And they are candidates for asylum in the U.S. because of religious persecution.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The EO cites several existing laws and sections that were in place already.

Nothing is unConstitutional.

The hoopla is about people in transit that got "limbo'd"

Most have been sent through after the routine security checks.

edit on Jan-29-2017 by xuenchen because: basketofdeportables

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Christians in predominantly Islamic governments are routinely persecuted.

And they are candidates for asylum in the U.S. because of religious persecution.

Sunni's and Shia's are as well in the other's domain, but that don't count, because they are Muslim? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Immigration is under the direct control of the Executive Branch and the President.
Other presidents have issued executive orders limiting and expanding immigration.
There is nothing about Trump's EO that is impeachable any more than the executive actions of other presidents.

Trump didn't just ban refugees, he banned travel. But he left out the country with the most terrorists ties to our country, Saudi, this protects his personal interest, this is or should be an impeachable offense.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Again Muslims also qualify for refuge status for persecution.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Trump didn't just ban refugees, he banned travel. But he left out the country with the most terrorists ties to our country, Saudi, this protects his personal interest, this is or should be an impeachable offense.

He did none of that. People are still free to travel where ever they want. You are confusing individual rights with state sovereignty protection. This has been addressed time and again by the US Supreme Court and its why there is a difference in application of the 4th amendment at a border crossing and inside the US. Those same standards apply to travel, which is constitutionally protected within states and across state lines. Foreigners have no right to sue the US government for unfettered access to the United States.

Immigration laws are a separate category for a reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

He did not outright refuse Christians. From the reports I am reading, the Muslim acceptance rate was higher than Christians, and that's it. Concerning yes? But did he outright deny Christians at every turn, the chance to seek refuge in the USA, hell no. There is one case that I am reading where it is reported that 22 Iraqi Christians were denied, but they were denied because they lied on their damn passports, not because they were Christian. Smh

Meanwhile, Trump has a provision in place that explicitly states if you are of a minority religion there will be consideration but if you are of Muslim faith there is literally NO consideration. You are banned. Trump has consistently spoke of 'christians getting heads chopped off by isis', so again, I ask, who do you think he is referring to when he adds that provision? The Hindus? The Scientologists? Bhuddists?

And you say the left spreads fake news? Bwhaha, what you did was the very definition of Fake News.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

* - USA Today - Kirsten Powers: Christians thrown overboard left to drown by Obama

* - No room in America for Christian refugees

* - Obama set to deport 12 Iraqi Christian refugees

* - Obama is importing Muslims, deporting Christians

USA today article, Obama wasn't between Italy and Lybia, so misleading headline.
Second link doesn't work.
WND is not a source, they are about as BS as the onion.
Todd Starnes is an opinion guy.

So yeah these are not facts, unless you follow Conway, and these are Alternative Facts.

* - Obama is importing Muslims, deporting Christians
edit on 1/29/2017 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join