It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Home: A Movie Set

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Wow, that is a museum... very nice! I would have a tough time getting comfy though... that is art that looks as if it should not be disturbed, just from afar.

Thank you.

We entertain almost every weekend and everything gets used. No point having stuff if it just sits there, plus the pieces made in the 19th century are much more rugged and durable than the cheap Chinese press wood crap you buy now at your local 'furniture' store.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs It's great that you have put your own sweat and muscle into your oasis from this world and it sounds like you did it with creativity and frugality.. which I admire. Something you can be proud of.. 👍🏼 Part of me was thinking you had built this little Mcmansion that was worthy of a stellar movie set.

Mois? Cozy to me.. lots of furniture from garage sales .. some antiques.. more about the vibrant color I use in rugs and pics.. many of which I framed myself. People say my place has a colorful country charm to it.. because of the little things I display and some of my art work.. though much of my artwork is also of a spiritual nature. My taste is out dated tomany but I am not a " trend" person and I like what I like .. as simple or ugly that might be to others..😏😉

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That looks like a very warm room that would inspire a lot of good dinner conversation. I love deep rich colors.. especially a warm red in dining area. Beautiful room and no doubt a beautiful home. What music would you play for the background of your home set ?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you.
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

My tiny little corner of the world. It reflects my personality. It is humble, and modest, and unpretentious. And I look around and I say to myself, "Self, you know what? You don't have to think that McMansions are better than your home. You don't have to make a financial prison of your life just to keep up with the new cars and beige siding and the latest trends in appliances.

I refuse to do that.
Thanks for taking a breath and reading the intent of the chit chat.

edit on 1/29/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
What music would you play for the background of your home set ?

I tend to vary it by the group but some of the regulars are Sinatra and his crew, Edith Piaf, Al Bowlly, Django Reinhardt, Miles Davis and John Coltrane.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This, exactly. Modern "furniture" is like stiff cardboard, staples, and glue. My stuff, old and 'weathered' as it may be, is solid wood, antique, heavy, real wood, and aged to a state of near concrete.

I do the "shabby chic" thing, with yellow walls, dark woodwork, merlot-colored trim below a chair-rail height. Dark leather furniture, floor to ceiling book shelves I made myself out of old knotty-pine siding that I took out of the too-narrow back entryway right after I moved in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join