It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia charges four top intelligence officials with treason

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

UPI Jan. 28th 2017
Russia charges four top intelligence officials with treason

Jan. 28 (UPI) -- The Russian government arrested four men for treason after an investigation that U.S. intelligence officials speculated was in response to their own inquiry about Russia's hacking of the U.S. presidential election.

The men arrested include three high profile leaders of its intelligence agency and a contractor working for the cybersecurity office of the Russian national intelligence agency FSB, the successor to the KGB.

If the United States did obtain confirmation about Russian hacking from a mole inside the FSB, it would have had to been a source high up in the power structure because knowledge of such an operation would likely not have spread beyond the senior-most officials there.

So let's see, today it was reported a KGB chief linked to Trump was found dead amid the Kremlin cover up claims.

• Independent.ie Jan. 28th 2017 article titled: KGB chief linked to Trump file found dead amid Kremlin cover up claims

An ex-KGB chief suspected of helping the former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to compile his dossier on Donald Trump may have been murdered by the Kremlin and his death covered up, it's been claimed.

Now four top intelligence officials are being charged with treason.

It would seem Putin has all of a sudden gained the superpower to sniff out American moles shortly after Trump takes office. What a coincidence.

edit on 29-1-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If he had a name like Christopher Steele to go on in the first place, dont you think he would have gained this super-power much sooner?

Eta: giving you a star for providing content and your own thoughts, even though it seems very trivial to me.
edit on 28-1-2017 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Eta: giving you a star for providing content and your own thoughts, even though it seems very trivial to me.

Ah yes how trivial that we have a double agent for a President.

edit on 28-1-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

That was false because the source of the dossier was from 4 chan and already been debunked. The UK confirmed that it was BS and that the MI6 agent was retired long ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

That was false because the source of the dossier was from 4 chan and already been debunked. The UK confirmed that it was BS and that the MI6 agent was retired long ago.

No actually it hasn't been debunked, wishing it was so doesn't make it happen.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The analysts also say this. U.S. analysts cautioned it was also possible the FSB was using the existence of a potential leak to the United States as cover to purge itself of members involved in an internal power struggle.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yeah, for me, this story lost it's credibility at the first "speculated"
After that point the writer is being manipulative imo
I wouldn't buy it

Needs to be a period in here as well, it's manipulative, intentionally grouping and associating two things.

The Russian government arrested four men for treason after an investigation that U.S. intelligence officials speculated

spec·u·la·tion ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/ noun noun: speculation; plural noun: speculations 1. the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence. "there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah, for me, this story lost it's credibility at the first "speculated"
After that point the writer is being manipulative imo
I wouldn't buy it

You must be new to the world.

Speculation exists in every corner of every OP ever published on ATS.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

from the quote

The Russian government arrested four men for treason after an investigation that, U.S. intelligence officials speculated, was in response to their own inquiry about Russia's hacking of the U.S. presidential election.

note the commas and italicization for context.
If you're still having trouble: the US intelligence is guessing that what they did (USA intell) or claimed to have done, forced the Russians to investigate and arrest 4 men.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It would seem Putin has all of a sudden gained the superpower

Your own words are a good example of speculation

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm kinda new here, can you bless me with some guidance?

Am I supposed to get an emotional attachment to a manipulative article, then lose my sh34 and start rubbing on my butthurt cream when the facts are right in front of me, like my manhood is being questioned?

You need to come play in the mud pit with that attitude, that's the place to trash talk

Re-read the article you posted and tell me again it's a fact based connection there with a straight face.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't have a problem understanding the word speculation, do you know the meaning of treason?

What other possible link would you have between the assassination of a KGB chief and then the arrest of several agents for treason immediately following a spat with the United States where the entirety of our intelligence apparatus confirmed the DNC was attacked by Russia?

Hm... I just can't figure it out.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Am I supposed to get an emotional attachment to a manipulative article, then lose my sh34 and start rubbing on my butthurt cream when the facts are right in front of me, like my manhood is being questioned?

You need to come play in the mud pit with that attitude, that's the place to trash talk

Sorry, I wouldn't waste my time on you.

Rub that butthurt cream over whatever makes your delicate sensibilities feel better.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Well you're saying the US President is a double agent.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

What is the retirement age for an MI6 agent?

Or, let me put it another way, let's go back a bit further - do you know who gave the US intelligence community the heads up that the DNC had been hacked and the hacker was Moscow? and did you know that tipoff happened in 2015?

I have my suspicions that team-GCHQ interfered in the 2016 US elections more than anyone else in the room - a lot more, they seem to be at the core of every leak or hack and know exactly who's hacking and when-and the MSM would have us believe that they are the absolute authority when they say they have evidence of Russia hacking - none of which was an issue until 9th November 2016.

This video below, only a week old, gives a good understanding of what I'm saying here, and has plenty of sources and evidence to to back up the claim that the UK is the main contributor towards interference in the 2016 elections.

VIDEO:
'Wake up and smell the tea - the UK, not Russia, is messing with American politics'....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The man found dead was found dead in December. Not today. Someone was posting about it yesterday. That's also an opinion article tying the death to Donald trump. Sorry but your op is stronger without the second link

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-1-2017 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hostile much? I'll pass

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Your own words are a good example of speculation

Actually the word you're looking for is "insinuation."

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well you're saying the US President is a double agent.

So you have nothing to rebut the claim by "U.S. Intelligence officials" (← that's a quote, you know what quotes mean, right?) that the most logical explanation is that the arrests were in response to "Russia's hacking of the U.S. presidential election." (← again that's a quote, see I can condescend too)

Now let's look at Trump's record. In his first week in office he has:

1. Instigated conflicts with China that have escalated to the point where China has begun moving ICBMs,
2. muzzled government staffers, the National Park Services/EPA/USDA, dropped hints about what he has in store for the press corps,
3. destabilized otherwise friendly relationships with our #3 trading partner,
and now surprisingly,
4. high-ranking KGB officers that may have given intel to the United States are being black bagged in an intentionally public manner to scare other informants into hiding to keep them silent.

That doesn't sound like a friend of freedom to me. It sounds like someone attempting to sabotage the United States and flush the country right down the toilet. Maybe double agent is putting it too nicely.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The analysts also say this. U.S. analysts cautioned it was also possible the FSB was using the existence of a potential leak to the United States as cover to purge itself of members involved in an internal power struggle.

THIS^^^^

But what the heck, why let common sense stop you?
It's looking more and more like a faction in the UK has been tinkering with our election, one of our allies.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13

Hostile much? I'll pass

Then why bother commenting?

Next.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join