It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if ACA goes away?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Thing is....

All the law in one form or another has existed since Teddy Roosevelt.

It just needs application at State and Federal levels.

No new legislation is needed !

This could be done yesterday.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JBUSA

We have the best healthcare in the world for those who can afford it.

And there's the rub. For those that can afford it. Although I would say that whether or not we have the best healthcare in the world is debatable. We rank 43rd for life expectancy and 31st for healthcare. We may be at the cutting edge of medical research (although that gap is quickly dwindling) but we also have the most expensive healthcare in the world.

As of right now there are 30 million uninsured in this country because they can't afford it. Does 10% of the country deserve to die because they don't have insurance?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBUSA

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: amazing

I think you should get a first or second job rather than wasting your time playing on the internet because I mean when I say I care about my family a.gazzilion to the bazillion times more than I care about your wife. If you were amazing you'd find a way but it's just a screen name and you're just a liberal.

If you don't want to have a meaningful discussion than why jump on my thread? It's about healthcare costs. I probably work long and harder than you do. I'm fairly certain I do...my wife works too. Together we probably work about 90-120 hours total, many times on Saturdays and Sundays.

But please do tell me how my worrying about how health insurance companies coverage and cost for my wife make me a liberal? That should be enlightening.

Just wanted to ask...how much money do you make? If you think that working two jobs is enough to pay out of pocket for medical costs that can be hundreds of thousands of dollars. I must have made the wrong career choices. lol

Sorry boss you're not the arbitrator of meaningfulness. I think negating $12.000 of increased premiums for my family is more meanigful than your wife and so does the GOP. As they own the executive branch that is what matters, but feel free to make a sign relating your anger on the way out. What I do is of no concern to you because I am not asking demanding or conversing about forcing others to subsidize my healthcare. If working two jobs isn't enough to pay the premiums on your wives new high risk plan then get a third or a fourth job, maybe a better one, I don't care so long as I don't have to subsidize your well being and unsatisfactory salary.

It's not about subsidizing me or my family. It's about making healthcare affordable. We have one of the highest costs for healthcare and prescription drugs in the world, here in the US. Think about that.

Maybe you should make a sign and join in some kind of protest about it. But that's the nature of healthcare in the USA.

I'm sorry too boss, you're also not the arbitrator of meaningfulness. My opinion is that my wife's life and our quality of life is more important than your $12,000. Sounds like instead of complaining like a special snowflake, you should get a 2nd or 3rd job?

We have the best healthcare in the world for those who can afford it. Think about that. I don't need to do anything President Trump and the GOP are my advocates. But if my loved one was going to lose their healthcare I'd be doing more about it than blogging. Maybe that's why I'm here you're there. Think about that.

But I am doing more about it than posting here. I'm voting and signing petitions, I'm emailing and calling representatives, I'm having discussions about it. Think about that. And why do you think that you're there and I'm here? We're both in the USA, the difference between you and I is that...my wife has a health issue and Trump and the gang seem to be going out of their way to make it harder for her to get the healthcare she needs. Think about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
since obamacare was enacted more uninsured people have gained insurance through expanded medicare than have gained insurance through the exchanges.

The insurance companies had a total gain of less than 10 million people through the ACA, the flip side of that is that millions of people who already had affordable health insurance lost it and were forced into unaffordable insurance.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't feel good about it. I'm apathetic about it. Your wife, is NOT mine or anyone else's responsibility. If she was a relative of mine or you were a friend of mine, then I would contribute what I could afford if you needed help.

I mean, you might as well go to the doctor and say, "hey, you aren't going to treat my wife because we have no insurance? I hope you feel good about yourself".

Expecting others to pay for your responsibilities is the apex of entitlement mentality. You don't have a right to others' services. You don't have a right to others' monies and therefore, you don't have a right to healthcare at the expense of others.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Oh ok, so you're doing what you can to steal food out of MY children's mouths so that your wife is covered... I hope you feel good about yourself...LOL

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Everyone deserves to die whenever their health fails them. No one deserves free or low cost medical care, or regardless as to whether they deserve it or not, they are not entitled to it.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That's not the real problem. The real problem here is you thinking that you're entitled to another person's services... YOU AREN'T. You have to pay the market rate for someone else's services. Any service forced to be performed is tantamount to involuntary servitude, another word for that is slavery.

So you want to enslave the people so that you and your wife and others within the population can enjoy the services of another.

Hope you feel good about yourself.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You are saying that it is a social injustice that because you can't afford the medical care that your wife needs, that society should pick up the bill. That is EXACTLY what you are saying.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yeah and what most people don't even seem to understand is that with a preexisting condition clause, it is CHEAPER to pay the penalty every year until you have an extreme health care need and THEN to get insurance, after all, they can't deny you for a pre-existing condition.

It's an asinine notion that insurance companies should be forced to cover someone with a pre-existing condition.

This whole idea that health care is a right is ludicrous.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I do believe the real problem is being ignored!
first think why is healthcare so expensive in the US ?, if the cost could come down wouldn't everybody be happy ?
when you have friends/family doctors you may find out that they pay half their earnings in malpractice insurance and how many lawyers you know make a hefty living by suing doctors/hospitals ?
The insurance co. and Lawyers are what keeps the healthcare rates skyhigh, the only real solution would be to put a cap on malpractice cases and maybe, just maybe our healthcare cost would come down and healthcare would be affordable.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe that's the core issue. What's a family to you? 4 white christians, 2 male, 2 female?

Single mothers aren't even 'families' according to Trumps new tax credit removals screwing them massively.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

Republicans don't care about well being or family. They care about money and money. 

I think you mean "politicians". The insurance lobby is the biggest lobby in DC and who benefited from the ACA or "Obama care". The ones that said " you will have to pass it before you can read it.

If someone is Republican, they have a political agenda and is no different than a politician. This is the way the Right treats Democrats.

The insurance lobby is the biggest lobby in DC because insurance has the highest revenue of any industry in the world. Your point is the biggest business is corrupt for having the biggest lobby? Direct attacks at the lobbyists themselves is a better argument.

People say you shouldn't use words as 1 size fits all, and I agree, however I'll just specify that Conservatives I have nothing wrong with, because my core issue with the current Republican party is how liberal they are acting.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Just to be clear, you would have no problem if 30 million people died because they didn't have health insurance? That is a literal decimation of the US population. That is five times worse than the Holocaust. Hell, that's worse than Stalin.

And you have no problem letting that many people die just because they are poor?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
So we're supposed to care deeply about the plight of the uninsured who obviously have zero sympathies towards the very folks being fleeced to provide them their insurance...

The ops is discussing the issue with insurance companies going back to simply not covering pre-existing conditions. I suspect you didn't read the ops...or you could simply be a demon...either way, I dont think very highly of swamp mosquitos...but at least they aren't you, so thats a plus.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

First i would just like to say, i'm sorry to hear about your wife. i know what its like for a loved one to be struck down by the C. Lost my mom to it about 9 months back. Now, on to your questions on why some people don't like it and would like to see it go away. i don't like the ACA and would love to see it go away. so far i found a loophole i have used twice now to not pay the penalty for not having Ins but who knows how long i will have this option. Did your wife have cancer before the ACA? if so what did you do for medical care then? what makes you or the government think they have the right to make me pay for something i don't want/need. what makes you think i want waste to more money on a seriously corrupt healthcare system we have had for years in this country. break your arm one place spend couple hundred, break it in another county maybe pay 1500, seriously this system is so screwed up. i plan on doing a lot of research and voting against anyone who is behind the ACA or anything similar to it. i will be talking with family and friends to do the same as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Masterjaden

Just to be clear, you would have no problem if 30 million people died because they didn't have health insurance?

And you have no problem letting that many people die just because they are poor?

well poor, or have a pre-existing condition of course..dont want the impure walking amongst the chosen.

the christian right...they are absolved of their evil every sunday.
I couldn't be that way...I like mirrors and simply couldn't look at myself if I was such a repulsive human being

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

First i would just like to say, i'm sorry to hear about your wife. ...

Did your wife have cancer before the ACA? if so what did you do for medical care then? what makes you or the government think they have the right to make me pay for something i don't want/need....

i plan on doing a lot of research and voting against anyone who is behind the ACA or anything similar to it. i will be talking with family and friends to do the same as well.

soooo
sorry, not sorry

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Expecting others to pay for your responsibilities is the apex of entitlement mentality.

Hows that clean water going for you?

See, I am tired of my family paying for your stupid familys "need" for drinkable water. here I am shelling out money for things like regulations and stuff for a community..I am not a community! I am one. You want good water..get a bucket and make it rain, I dont want my dollars going towards regulations.

and dont get me started on your whiney familys complaints about wanting police protection. I got guns yet I gotta pay for weaklings to call cops everytime a thug breaks in their home, murders their family, or rapes their daughters?!! NO! you figure it out yourself..damn entitled folks!

This is Sparta!!!

(sad thing is, you may actually agree with what I just wrote)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

There was healthcare prior to the ACA, and for many people they received much better services, especially those without any healthcare, and who had genuine healthcare needs. Medicaid services were available. Medications were available through the pharmaceutical companies for the indigent; you just needed to know where to go to get the services. Ask her physician or if in hospital, ask for a case manager.

I was a Case Manager for 11 years. The part of my job I loved best was playing mama bear. There was no place too high or anyone that was too important that I wouldn't chase down to get my patients the care and services they needed. I didn't care what color, what race, religion, or culture. I fought for my patients using teeth and nails.

I didn't always win the war but I usually won a battle or two, or three. There are more services available then most people are aware of, and sometimes you have to make a door if there it not one. The ACA was a war I could not win. Not for lack of trying. I saw the handwriting on the wall. I screamed the alarm. I mapped out how exactly it was going to play out. I even wrote a thread about it trying to warn even the lurkers and ATS. ACA never stood a chance because it was and is unsustainable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join