It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica argument - James or Dave?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok I know this is a odd argument and it's been going on for years. There is this old recording of Metallica of the song "Let It loose" but who is actually on lead vocals? Is it really James Hetfield or Dave Mustaine?
You Decide once and for all ATS.

Here is the song, sorry if you cannot view youtube. Let's discuss this! I am sick of all the political crap, so I am trying to start some other discussion.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Definitely Dave.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

According to the wiki, Mustaine was separated from Metallica in '81. Given the date on the video of '82, I would have my reservations. I'm not sure if Dave even did vocals when he was with them, did he?

It sure does sound like his style in a very prehistoric fashion. Also, if James voice was slightly sped up, it would have this same tone, which I think is the case.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Definitely Dave.
Thanks, I myself think Dave. I was boo'd off the Megadeth forum years ago over this BTW. Personally I think they could not get past the poor audio quality to accept Dave as the singer.
edit on 1 25 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired

Definitely Dave.
Thanks, I myself think Dave. i was boo'd off the Megadeth forum years ago over this BTW.

There is no mistaking either one of their voices. I remember watching an interview with Mustaine where he himself stated as much.

That's him singing. No doubt.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

According to the wiki, Mustaine was separated from Metallica in '81. Given the date on the video of '82, I would have my reservations. I'm not sure if Dave even did vocals when he was with them, did he?

It sure does sound like his style in a very prehistoric fashion. Also, if James voice was slightly sped up, it would have this same tone, which I think is the case.

What do you think?
The date is off on the youtube. I have the actual show on a bootleg and it is 1981. But yea I get you on the speed up, but @:56 into this recording the "whoa ohh" sounds like something Dave does and not James? And no Dave was never known to do vocals, that's kinda the point of this rarity.
edit on 1 25 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is Dave.
How could there be any confusion?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Definitely Dave.
Thanks, I myself think Dave. i was boo'd off the Megadeth forum years ago over this BTW.

There is no mistaking either one of their voices. I remember watching an interview with Mustaine where he himself stated as much.

That's him singing. No doubt.
Thanks,

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
That is Dave.
How could there be any confusion?
Go onto the Megadeth forums and they will crucify you saying that. lol that my point. and thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Dave

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What do you think?
The date is off on the youtube. I have the actual show on a bootleg and it is 1981. But yea I get you on the speed up, but @:56 into this recording the "whoa ohh" sounds like something Dave does and not James? And no Dave was never known to do vocals, that's kinda the point of this rarity.

The hooah does sound similar but if you listen to "Hit the Lights" its pretty similar minus the small tonal variance.
For reference:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What do you think?

The hooah does sound similar but if you listen to "Hit the Lights" its pretty similar minus the small tonal variance.
For reference:

I am sorry, I don't get what you are saying when you reference back to Megadeth?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Honestly I'm not a fan of Metallica or Megadeth in any capacity but that 100% is Dave. I really don't see how anyone could honestly think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I tried to get the earliest recording of Megadeth to reference his vocal inflection.

Is there a recording of "let it loose" that we can be sure where it is James on vocals. That would be a good comparison.

I never answered your question but as it stands, my answer is, I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Dave

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like James. Must be Dave.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obviously Dave is singing.

I'm actually glad that Metallica cut him loose, we got 2 good 80s metal band from that.
Plus his spite song "Mechanix" Megadeth AKA the other(faster) "The Four Horsemen" Metallica

edit on 1/25/2017 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I will concede. After listening to about 6 different recordings, I have to agree. It sounds like Dave. Specifically because of the high notes he tries not to distort (Mustaine thing) whereas James like to distort his fills (the oohs and aah OoOo yeEaaAAheeeyeaaAAs)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My money goes on it being Dave.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

James. It's really hard to tell because it doesn't really sound like either of them but it's James. Dave wouldn't have thrown off his style of singing 100% when he started singing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join