It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy crap, something that works!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I told folks on my board, and I thought Id tell you all here. I found something that actually works.. and lives up to the hype.

Ok, so I wanted to get into another weight class... cause I was killin it in my own. I put on 40 LBS to get into heavy weight.. 170 lbs. I killed it. Now I cant get the weight off LOL! I looked into more work out stuff, etc etc. I tried this stuff called C-4 from gnc. I usually dont bother with GNC.. since they neutered "hot stuff" years ago. I take it.. wow its tasty! Then I got ants in my pants.. I couldnt stop. I went to the gym and I worked until I came home and collapsed. I didnt have the severe fatigue or achiness I typically get. If you want energy out the ass and to slice off weight, this is the stuff. I wouldnt recommend it if you have uncontrollable HPB. I have it, but have it under control now.. around 50 and the only thing I have seriously is HPB.. Im happy. LOL! Read the warnings concerning the product and take them seriously.

By summer I will be where I want to be.. I doubt I could do it by then without a little help that quickly.

Anyway, call it a PSA or FYI or whatever you want, but when you find a product that actually does what it says.. you have to share. SO I shared.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

There are dozens (perhaps hundreds) of products just like C-4, that don't have artificial colors or sweeteners in them.

A lot of "pre-workouts" and fitness supplements use sucralose, an artificial sweetener that is not great for you.

C-4 has creatine in it, which can also cause kidney stones but like I said, look at the active ingredients and you can find many other similar products.

Personally, I stick to various pure amino acids (leucine, citruline, arginine, glutamine, beta-alanine), mixed with coconut water, and take some complex B-vitamins before/during and after workouts, it seems to work well but without the added "jitters" you get from high caffeine or other stimulants.

I'm glad you've found something you've found that is giving you good results. Keep working hard, it will pay off!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, some people do fine with those things and others can have problems. Boosting chemistry in the body can lead to side effects in some people. Using it occasionally probably won't be bad, but I don't know about using it on a regular basis.

I'll remain moot on this kind of products, let the buyer beware. I took supplements a couple of times, one comes to mind. Calcium boosting product that made me feel great till I started getting knobs on my joints and bones. I took the supplement for six months and it took two years before the calcium deposits got reabsorbed. I went to the doctor and he asked what I was doing different, I told him and he said just quit and it would slowly go back to normal. He was right. I asked him why it happened and he said it's probably that my body just is trying to store it like a chipmunk stores it's food. Two years of discomfort for five months of feeling good was not a good thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, some people do fine with those things and others can have problems. Boosting chemistry in the body can lead to side effects in some people. Using it occasionally probably won't be bad, but I don't know about using it on a regular basis.

I'll remain moot on this kind of products, let the buyer beware. I took supplements a couple of times, one comes to mind. Calcium boosting product that made me feel great till I started getting knobs on my joints and bones. I took the supplement for six months and it took two years before the calcium deposits got reabsorbed. I went to the doctor and he asked what I was doing different, I told him and he said just quit and it would slowly go back to normal. He was right. I asked him why it happened and he said it's probably that my body just is trying to store it like a chipmunk stores it's food. Two years of discomfort for five months of feeling good was not a good thing.

Oh yeah, this isnt a long term thing. Its to reach a certain weight class. I have a nutritionist as well.. and wanted to share a product that actually works. I also added to listen to the warnings with the product. If you are familiar with boxing, MMA, wrestling, etc.. you have to be a certain weight in order to participate in a certain class. You work for the period of time until you reach that class. Its NOT long term.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip. Out of curiosity, what event/sport were you doing this for?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Thanks for the tip. Out of curiosity, what event/sport were you doing this for?

I went from Muay Thai to boxing.. and charity boxing. Im a very high energy old woman and have to run that energy out.. or I get into mischief.
Im supposed to enter into another "foxy boxing" match for charity in July.. but I look like a fireplug right now. I have to slim down.. and my poor old joints cant handle this much extra weight for too long!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
just wanted to share somethings with you regarding preworkout drinks and especially C4. It does give you increased energy and definitely helps with fatigue/soreness/muscle repair. But it can be very dangerous. Many military people were taking it and sadly some of them died from it. In fact, there is a lawsuit on going which you can read about here www.schmidtlaw.com... .

I would also like to share my experience with preworkout drinks. About 5 years ago I was just getting back into weight training and wanted to speed up the process of "getting back into the swing of things". I purchased a preworkout (honestly don't remember the brand) and drank it before heading out to the gym. I lived 10 mins from my gym and by the time I arrived I was FLYING. I felt like I was on drugs and felt very anxious. I started working out because I was hoping it would stop this intense rush..wow what a workout I got, the scary factor diminished and I was having a great workout! I kept taking the product for 3 maybe 4 months and I was getting good workouts and seeing fast results. I decided I wanted to take a month off because I knew it wasn't necessarily healthy to take for long periods and I read it affected the liver; not to mention I felt like I was starting to get a bit addicted to it. So I didn't take it one morning and headed to the gym. I was sluggish and didn't have that rush or energy to workout. The next morning the same things..just a crap ass workout. The next day I didn't go to the gym..or the next..or the next..it took me about 5 months to get inspired again and I swore I would never take any preworkout. It was hard for me to workout without that added boost. I have been lifting for the past 4 years straight with no major time off. Now I eat the right foods and lift hard. As for supplements I take vitamins, protein shakes, BCAA's, and twice a year I take some creative for 3 month periods.

I wish you luck with your goals. In no way am I trying to tell you what to take or what not to take. I read you have HBP and figured you should know how C4 can negatively effect a healthy person as it did the soldiers. Keeep training hard and best of luck with boxing!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Tried googling, got nothing unless you're referring to Half-Priced Books
So... What is HPB?

And, this sounds like it could be helpful for the last Saturday of the month at the car dealership lol.

ETA: please somebody answer - undefined acronyms I can't figure out make my soul hurt
edit on 1/25/2017 by dogstar23 because: Pleading for answers to unresolved questions

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

High Blood Pressure. Obviously a concern if you're going to take something like C-4 or any of the older "Hot Stuff" that is now banned.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Tried googling, got nothing unless you're referring to Half-Priced Books
So... What is HPB?

And, this sounds like it could be helpful for the last Saturday of the month at the car dealership lol.

ETA: please somebody answer - undefined acronyms I can't figure out make my soul hurt

LOL High Blood Pressure
Im old.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I must be old too. High Blood Pressure for dyslexics I guess.

top topics

join