It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I phone the police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd be like hey stfu, the cops are on the way.

Get you some friends.

Roll up on 'em if you dont # w cops.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Knock on their door and tell them they are bothering the neighbors. And you are the neighbor they are bothering.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
From personal experience, DO NOT go over there yourself if you find it happens in the future again.

1) The police will not tell your neighbor who called, especially if you specifically ask for anonymity.
2) Going over yourself opens you up to retaliation and could be uncomfortable or even dangerous to you or your property.

I had a neighbor pinpoint which car I drove, when I came home from work, and what I looked like so they could torture me more. All I did was knock on their door to ask them to turn the music down a little because my stuff was rattling on the shelves and had to deal with months of crap with them. Eventually got my revenge but almost lost my mind doing so.

Get the fuzz involved or ignore them.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't know if the cops in UK will rat you out, I doubt it.

In Texas, the solution is quite simple; call the cops, tell them the neighbors are fighting violently and have been for a long time and tell them you "think" one or more of them is armed with a firearm.

When you do that, the SWAT team arrives and one or more of the neighbors never returns.

Caution: when you see SWAT arrive, get out of your residence, preferrably out the back and move to put as much distance from you and the residence SWAT is going to enter as possible such that you avoid being shot by an errant round.

Give it a shot, its fun!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Tell the Cops he has threatened you, no contact.

Go with your gut.

Keep a firearm nearby.

Oh, your in the UK....Ignore the firearm advice.

Got a big knife handy ?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Get one of those Cricket Bats, they are called bats aren't they or do they have some solely british name? Limey stick? A welshman's wedge? IDK

get one they look like you could # # up with them

or one of those WW1 Sabre.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Paul F Thompkins skit on a neighbor arguing with his 2 deadbeat sons...

"Once I get my $200, I'm outta here like Steve Martin!" WTF does that even mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I would phone the police. I would feel guilty knowing I could have prevented someone from being killed. I'm sure the police would keep your name confidential if you tell them this kid has a violent past and your concerned for your own safety. If the police insist you give your name, hang-up! I'm sure they will end up checking out the situation anyway. At least you know you did your part.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I would phone the police. I would feel guilty knowing I could have prevented someone from being killed.

depending what country youre in, you can cause the death of someone too.
but youre in the UK, i dont foresee a LEO on roids getting to the scene and start popping caps before questions are asked or do actual 'policing' to diffuse a situation.

edit on 25-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Call the Police.

Tell them you want to remain anonymous when they call at the site, but are happy to discuss it in person at a station or over the phone - they will honour that.

Its a hard thing to do, but I know from experience that they will not do anything that implicates you in any way.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Golantrevize

If you're scared to deal with them in person dont call the police since they'll likely come at you later for it.

I wouldn't say scared more sensible. I don't really think getting involved in a argument with 3 guys 2 of whom am pretty sure are on drugs is the best idea

Drug use? I'd call, in that case. Otherwise, you could end up having the violence spill over your way, in the future! The cops shouldn't tell the who called, either. You could call and ask about that, before making a report, perhaps. Or, use a crime stoppers site, maybe, to report with no name given.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Golantrevize

If you're scared to deal with them in person dont call the police since they'll likely come at you later for it.

That line of thinking is why most American cities have become crime-infested cesspools.

Actually crime in American cities has been steadily declining for decades. Sorry for being lazy and using Wikipedia as a source, but it's a good overview of well-known statistics.

As for the OP, at 30-45 minutes, I'd have called the police. Our local police are great. They wouldn't "rat me out" and they wouldn't be aiming to arrest anyone. They would head over and make sure everyone is ok and try to calm them down. If anyone got stupid, then they would take care of business.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Would you guys phone the police or just wait for it to pass.

I would move.

And examine the neighborhood you move to very carefully before committing to move.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I tend to just let folks sort out their own crap. Until it affects me, I'd prefer to just let it be. Now, if they are being so loud that it is keeping me from sleeping at a reasonable hour, etc., then I make the call....

But chances are calling the authorities may only escalate the situation once they leave.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would, just to make sure the old guy wasn't killed by the junkies if things escalated. That type of thing happens far too often.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join