It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico ready to quit NAFTA if US talks fail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The jobs that the 3rd worlders get are not good paying middle class jobs. They are being exploited, and the corps have enjoyed record profits off their cheap sweat.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't think there is a beef with Canada, they have a similar pay and benefit cost. The problem is 3rd world labor pools and the problems they create.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

They will pay for the wall, and there will be painful losses in manufacturing to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Because Trump sees it as a problem with Mexico not helping with the illegal problem and he will include wall payment in any trade negotiations.
This is going to be super neat to watch. TPTB have been make money hand over fist with the 3rd world.
-no environmental regs
-no safety regs
-no unions
-no worker comp
-no SSI
-No tariffs
-no law suits
-no overtime
-no age considerations
edit on 24-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good points - you may very well be right.

I guess what this one will come down to is: does Trump care more about "being right" than about finding the most effective ways to a solution to both issues?

As a wise man once said, it is sometimes necessary to lose the battle in order to win the war.

And I totally agree - these are 2 issues that will be highly entertaining to watch. There are at least 3 classes of people to watch in this one: the primary players - Trump and Nieto, the secondary players - both houses of congress, and finally the very vocal spectators - the citizens of the US on both sides of the aisle.

Pass the popcorn amigo - this one will be good.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
you don`t make money by manufacturing products, you make money buy selling those products,if you don`t do business with a massive consumer country like the U.S. you won`t make any money.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

-no environmental regs
-no safety regs
-no unions
-no worker comp
-no SSI
-No tariffs
-no law suits
-no overtime
-no age considerations

Relentless explotation of human labour, just another commodity to the sociopathic corporations. Slavery never went away, it just changed forms.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Trust me, Mexico is just all talk and will beg to Trump for whatever he decides, because they are wetting their pants knowing that their goods will go to waste if Trumps starts to make America a productive nation again.

The peso will take a hit and will be very hard to bring it back.

I can not wait what the oil companies will do if Trump goes after them next.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This may very well be the comparison to JFK I was talking about 3-4 months ago. If he does what he said he was going to do, we will see some main stays and bellwethers not know who's back to scratch any more.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
80% of exports coming here is a powerful hand to have. Were I betting man, I'd say the deal will be struck out of view of the media quietly in the background and Trump will prevail.

That's not the only card in Trump's hand either. He could also go after all the hundreds of millions repatriated to Mexico annually.

edit on 25-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

And we shop on.

Apple puts up nets, we shop.
Nike has machines that cut workers thumbs off in Malaysia we shop on.
Hundreds are killed in India in a building collapse in a shirt factory, we shop on.

The weaponized media is supposed to tell us this, and get the real story out. Ever wonder why these are passing stories and never have legs? Who own the media and the shoe companies?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Prepositioning.... normal.... TRUMP already said the US would walk away from NAFTA if renegotiations fail... Mexico is just doing the same to save face now that they know that Trump is in office...

Who has leverage? IT wouldn't be the countries that have thrived at the expense of the US worker... .02

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And we shop on.

Yep, Walmart is always busy, the Mom and Pop stores are all gone. This could be solved by the people themselves, but they are all too concerned about getting the cheapest products possible. The people as a whole aren't able to organize themselves effectively, too greedy and jealous. A nationwide boycott would bring any corporation to it's knees in no time at all, but it will never happen, people won't even get together on a regional level in a simple gas station boycott.

All those people that shop in Walmart and buy the cheapest junk they can find, really, what are they gaining? In the end it's a loss for everyone. Then they point the finger of blame outwards.
edit on 25-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If I were Trump I'd not only threaten taxing the hell out of all the money Mexicans send back over the border untaxed but I'd also threaten to pull funding and three letter agency support in fighting the cartels, as well as threaten stricter visa programs like we have with Eastern European countries where you have to interview at the US embassy to have a chance of getting a visa.

Mexico has no card in this game. And frankly, they seem to care little about their own people, crying about a wall when cartels just slaughtered and beheaded 20 people in a tourist town, only one of the recent but tragic events.
edit on 25-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

No they don't, their peso will be in a precarious situation.

The complains about that had been already on going since Trump won the elections and made Immigration an issue during his campaign.

That is how you know how illegal immigration issues make some people money in the markets.

Many have no clue about that. Its despicable what the globalist are doing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Right now there are CEO's that are readying their golden parachutes. They are going to have a couple of hard years, the 2% loss of profit is going to get them canned.
And by canned I mean a huge $$$ golden parachute in a contract that was signed as a condition of their employment. Oh they don't want the workers to have contracts, only for them. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

President Trump in a talk with Union Leaders today Hinted that he might as part of Eliminating the NAFTA Agreement , have Mexican Truckers be Stopped at the Boarder and have their Freight taken the rest of the way into the U.S. by American Union Truckers . He just might get the Political Support of U.S. Unions if he goes through with that Idea .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

It's a self fulfilling disaster. Some good jobs leave, so people have to save money. More good jobs leave, more people have to save more money.

I can and do buy what ever I want. And where it is made is a concern to me.

So you think the corps are for American made or foreign made?
US made means less profit----Foreign made means more profit.

Just like unions- Do you think corps are for unions?
Unions mean less profit--No unions mean more profit-- easy if you think about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Think about it,if they close down the Nafta highway,unless they build a new one,would kind of put a damper on trucks headed to Canada from Mexico,things will slow down at the ports too

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I recently read, that there is anywhere between, 33 million and 55 million people born in or of Mexican heritage, living in the USA......

There is 80 Million living in Mexico (I dont know how many "Immigrants" Mexico has. Does it have any?).

Just imagine if those 55 million Mexicans went home, with all there US money and investments cashed in, what a huge bonus that would be to Mexico....a huge boost to their economy.

Perhaps Mexico should have a go themselves....make a call out for all their "People" to return, and boost Mexico???

Actually same could be said for the American blacks.....Just imagine if they all went back to Africa, with all their money etc, what a benefit that would be to the African Nations.......possibly.......
edit on 25-1-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2017 by gort51 because: xant spell

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join