It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood on No Funding for Overeseas Abortion: 'Access to Abortion is an American Value'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Under Islamic Law isn't always a good thing to talk about.

Sigh............

Abortion is allowable under Jewish and Christian law too!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Bingo, you got it.

$20,000,000,000,000 should be an automatic reason why we need to sharply curb our hand outs-especially for free abortions.
edit on 24-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bible verse?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Please stop with the falsehood premise that the US is using tax dollars to pay for abortion on demand here in the US, or abroad, It was not happening before Trump and it's not happening now!

Bible verse?

I can show you abortion God condoned abortion, and worse, in the Bible, if you want to turn this thread into a Bible discussion. Can you show me where Jesus forbid it, or repealed any Old Testament law?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I just thought it would be a good idea that you point out the facts of Christianity being pro abortion. I would love to see the hard facts.

And the change Trump signed does not allow abortions to be paid for with tax payer money overseas, please re-read the story.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I just thought it would be a good idea that you point out the facts of Christianity being pro abortion. I would love to see the hard facts.

How about you show me where Christ forbid it.

And the change Trump signed does not allow abortions to be paid for with tax payer money overseas, please re-read the story.

You need to re-read you articles. You are incorrect, and the article doesn't support your contention. You're wrong about the reinstallation of the Mexico City Policy, what it changes, who it affects and how.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

From the story, please note the part where is says that perform or promote abortions----simple as pie

In response to the Trump administration reinstating the Mexico City Policy, which blocks taxpayer funds to non-governmental organizations that perform or promote abortion overseas,

And if you bring something up in a debate, it is your responsibility to show proof. That's your home work assignment for tonight.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yes, it's about money. It's about where that money should be spent. I don't care about the money, I do care about where it is spent. Americans should come first in all govt. hand outs.

There are, as has been pointed out, many, many charities who do good works helping to provide those same people with health care. I donate money to several of them, so please do not attempt to portray me as some uncaring monster. It won't work.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

blocks taxpayer funds to non-governmental organizations that perform or promote abortion overseas

What words don't you understand? Are you having a problem with sentence structure? How does that sentence say anything about excluding funds for abortions on demand?

And if you bring something up in a debate, it is your responsibility to show proof. That's your home work assignment for tonight.

I can't prove a negative. Jesus Christ never forbid abortion, nor did he repeal any law in the Old Testament. If you know something different, present it. Prove me wrong.

There are plenty of instances of God condoned abortion in the Old Testament. Do you want me to list them, to prove to you that the God of the Bible is NOT pro-life? Do you want to turn this into a religious discussion?

I thought the topic was "American Values", and how Planned Parenthood is decrying Trump's move as contrary to American Values.

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It don't care if you are against foreign medical aid. But, that's not what this issue is about. It's about leveraging US tax payer money in order to impose hypocritical moral standards on foreign women.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

There is a limit to the money this govt has available, or hasn't the multi-trillion dollar deficit caught your attention?

Cuts must be made, and yes, that means everything. Defense. Everything, save the most important, to America, items. This includes, unfortunately, foreign aid.

That shortfall can, and probably will be, if people care enough, be made up for by charities. Charities that ask for nothing in return, unlike the govt. provided money. You don't think the US doesn't ask for things in return for their "caring charity"?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I can't add anything. If you don't want to read the story that's fine.

I doubt you can give me any pro abortion verses that haven't been miss quoted or a new version of the bible.
I know- numbers-Ecclesiastes - exodus-and the list goes on.

God's set plan isn't for a life to be sniffed out, but under free will it is allowable, just as war, murder and rape.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This isn't a funding cut, though. It's a "Gag Order", with an attached a threat of pulling funding if not honored.

The amount of money to be divvied up hasn't changed. A morality qualification, that defies American's Constitutional rights, as well as UN Human Rights, has been placed on its qualifiers.

edit on 25-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's a complete waste of tax payer dollars. But I guess that only matters to liberals if it's investigating voter fraud.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

It's no federal funding to medical facilities that sponsor abortion. So, in a sense, the PP blowhard is right. Tax dollars can no longer be used by an institution that promotes abortion with it's services. If they want our tax dollars to pay their doctors, their doctors can't be spending their time giving abortion advice. I have zero problem with that.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

So, with this new rule, a Hospital in Bangladesh, that allows doctors to perform abortions, will be completely cut off from US medical aid, that is offered for any and every patient and service that that hospital provides, unless they abide by the US imposed morality, that the US can't even legally impose on its own citizens.

The Planned Parenthood blowhard is right, this new rule goes against American values, which are in fact, pro-choice values, as well as pro-freedom in business and enterprise.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmm, what was that about how we Americans should stop seeking impose our values on other peoples and cultures?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Why would the US be responsible for paying for abortions in foreign countries. Their own damn government can pay for it. It's not the US responsibility to pay a damn thing

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andrew778

They are not, and they haven't been, paying for abortions abroad.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This new rule of law doesn't impose the same American Values that are practiced, protected and enjoyed in the USA.

Hypocritical? You betcha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join