It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel announces first new settlement construction since Trump's inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All opinions aside on Israel, this will create turbulence in the international community. Obviously with the new power transition Israel will continue their expansion with the disapproval of much of the world.

Just days after US President Donald Trump was sworn into office, Israel approved the construction of approximately 2,500 new housing units in West Bank settlements Tuesday, according to a statement from Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"We are building - and we will continue to build," said Netanyahu in a tweet.

CNN

If this continues I expect to see tension increase in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It would feel so nice to roll up to Bibi's crib with a bulldozer and a loud speaker...

BEEP BEEP BEEP...

This is where Trump proves he was bought and paid for.

Can't blame this on the "Russian Agenda"
edit on 24-1-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For all you guys who have never been to Israel, building a "settlement" invokes this idea that Israel is building entire "settlements" on "occupied land" (BS) out in the desert somewhere. It actually means building an apartment house across the street. Literally. That's how close distances are there.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
For all you guys who have never been to Israel, building a "settlement" invokes this idea that Israel is building entire "settlements" on "occupied land" (BS) out in the desert somewhere. It actually means building an apartment house across the street. Literally. That's how close distances are there.

So, you are denying that Israel is building settlements on occupied land against international wishes? Are you denying that Palestinians are being displaced by these settlement expansions?

Must we post maps from 1948 onwards?

Tell me with a straight face that they are not displacing Palestinians with these settlements.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So the international community is supposed to disregard disputes between land? After all, the West Bank was set aside for Palestinians.
Its not like Russia just got off the hook with Crimea, granted they annexed it but the international community typically gets involved when land is being disputed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

BS.

They are building on land that isn't theirs. Their plan is clear, keep taking, building, and force the Palestinians out.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ya'll keep talking, which includes that ridicules Paris Peace Conference.
We will keep building on our own land.
Welcome to the Middle-East.

Buck
Veteran of Oslo Accords
edit on 24-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

To be honest I wouldn't have much of an opinion on it seeing as I'm not from there, except the US gives billions to Israel so any actions Israel takes can put strain on the US's relationship with other countries.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Those billions all come with strings attached.
Nearly all of it is spent on buying U.S. products.
This is mandatory.
Military and civilian.

Not to mention a extraordinarily long list of fixes that Israel does for the U.S. for free.

Reflective paint on the B-2,
Patriot 3 / Arrow 3 anti-missile system.
F-35 computer code.
Securing computer and cell-phone systems. (Microsoft and Motorola)
The list is endless.

Buck

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I would rather us just buy any goods or services, it is spelled out as aid and at the end of the day Israel's blatant disregard for treaties they agreed to reflects poorly on us as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
People don't want to dig and look at the maps. The settlements areas are not in question.
I've been to most of them personally.

America foreign policy over the last 50 years is why the world hates us.
They have hated Jews for 3800 years. ( No reason needed )
That's just the way it is.
When the world sees what coming soon, they are really going to get hot.
All I can tell ya is just "Cowboy Up " and deal with it, the world is not a nice place.
It never has been for that matter.

Buck

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

We're talking about Israel, not Jews.

I don't like American imperialistic ventures as its a waste of tax money that could be used domestically.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump was elected to fix America's problems not everyone else's issues. Time to concentrate on America and stop meddling in the business of other countries.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Trump was elected to fix America's problems not everyone else's issues. Time to concentrate on America and stop meddling in the business of other countries.

Good point, that massive amount of aid can be used for our revitalizing domestic infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
Must we post maps from 1948 onwards?

Yeah. I'd like to see what you're talking about.

If there's a prediction/settlement plan for the Trump years, that would be nice too.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I doubt Israel is going to introduce a long term plan for us.

I doubt Trump will say much about it, my guess is he'll be pretty hands off on this.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is one of the problems with Palestinian/Israel. It's one of the main reasons for Boycott/Diversify/Sanction movement.

Look at Historical maps of the last 50-60 years and you'll see a disturbing trend of the Israeli government moving in on Palestinian land. There's not really a good reason for it. There is still other land to build on..lot's of it.

You can still support and protect Israel as an ally and not like what the Israeli government does to the Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You can still support and protect Israel as an ally and not like what the Israeli government does to the Palestinians.

Had to star you for that.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Are you denying that Palestinians are being displaced by these settlement expansions?

Nope, and don't care. They (the Palestinians) could have had 90% of their demands met during the last peace accord, and instead, they had to be idiots and demand Jerusalem. As if THAT will ever happen....so they walked. So, they've shown NO willingness to actually work towards a viable solution and every willingness to continue to embrace terror attacks on civilians....which has me feeling Israel can just solve the problem however they like. Don't really have an interest in it anymore.....
edit on 30-1-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join