It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Depression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I think this needs addressing.

It's become a society filled with I Can't's due to the past 8 years it's gotten to an all time high. Mixed with subscription drugs that only mask the problem rather than deal with it head on.

Are you getting this? Do you understand what driving society to the will of the few can do to the Human Psyche? It can kill you. I can push you down. And it never ever gives you a valid solution. It pampers your every whim. This is bad for everyone. Why? Because, Society and the way it's been going driven by the 'few' in power on purpose so that You and others who are susceptible to it, will cave In because you're not being given an alternative other than, more drugs, more pampering more more more.

Less is More (Not with everything, but with some things).

People need to be reminded they aren't wimps, they aren't stupid unless they're told so. My family are filled with strong people. People who fought through wars, survived with little food for their children, people that didn't whine and give up easily like you see now. People need to remember who they really are.

edit on 24-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I can push you down

Well I can get up and push back! Take that Jesus!

I think when depression is accepted as an easy out for life than it has lost its impact. Quick fix pills are rarely the answer.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
When you validate a weakness in a person, it becomes the centre of their attention and their eventual downfall.

Remember, acknowledging a problem is only step one

Once you have done that, you have to deal with it

Society has gone overboard with this 'born this way' and 'I'm a special snowflake' syndrome.

Evolution favours the strong for a reason. And that is why we need to be strong (balanced with kind of course)

ETA The real problem is that doctors prescribe pills like lollies therefore addressing the symptoms and not the cause.

edit on 24-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

And you wonder why they are making pot legal in some states?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

hehe thanks jin

Yes it's an easy way out, and people need to address it. It's way out of hand thus the snowflake video rants. These people would NEVER have survived life before 1975 atleast. They would have been laughed at for being ignorant and unable to think through things.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

God Bless Mary Jane.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The truth about depression is it's just a state of mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You hit the nail on it!

People aren't born snowflakes, or wimps or stupid.

Society has molded them that way purposely for evil intent.

It too will implode soon, It always does. Justice always prevails along with Truth.

Lies cannot hold water, I have no respect for those people.

The people who have done this to our World will pay, dearly.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

It is, yes. But when you're brainwashed, and taught that's all there is, you come to a point where deprogramming is necessary in order to survive.

Mankind has never been this dense, ever!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

God Bless Mary Jane.

Moderation is key...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Lmao, that's the best video I've seen in a long time. How am I not subscribed to this guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

He's extremely good at conveying the message isn't he?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

An attentive and competent doctor won't slap someone on antidepressants forever. Ideally, they should be used for situational depression to help someone through a rough few months, and enable them to fix the life situations that are causing their depression.

And for a lot of people, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can do wonders, and be much more beneficial long term.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Well, it's going to start an entire new Job industry to reverse the effects of the past couple of decades atleast to undo the snowflake syndrome, so I agree.

This world we're seeing right now, is abnormal behaviour to human beings. It goes against all instincts. I'm not even sure people born after 1995 have the same instincts that people did before then. No i know they don't. I know a psyop when I see it. You cannot be brainwashed however, if you are Aware of it before hand.

It's much like a Hypnotist. People cannot be hypnotized unless they are susceptible to it. It simply can't be done to a strong will person who refuses to be indoctrinated.

So, from watching the world revolve around me, I can safely say that the majority of human beings are willingly allowing themselves to be hypnotised by Media and everything else used against us.

Time To WTFU.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Clearly this guy has more than 15 PHD's and is definitely not some ill-informed twat Youtube bater looking for clicks. His assertions are further backed up because depression didn't exist before Obama took office. Obama invented depression as part of a Zionist NWO plot to control the masses.

Oh wait... no... that sounds stupid as f***.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Congrats! You're one of the 80 something %'s waking up. You're questioning things. Keep going.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If you look into CBT, there's a lot of self-work that goes on. A lot of depressed people think they know the cause (usually blaming external factors they believe they can't control).

CBT helps you become aware of inaccurate or negative thinking so you can view challenging situations more clearly and respond to them in a more effective way.

Mayo Clinic

Most people aimlessly wander through life and never do any kind of self-examination. You'd really be surprised how many people don't even know themselves. They spend so much time running around trying to be everything to everyone else -- trying to understand everyone else.

In the end, they never point their focus inward.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You're so right. People ARE trying to be everything else, trying to understand everyone else, because they've been led that way. Through movies, news, online etc.

People need to self reflect. They don't know how anymore. The only people who do that that I'm aware of are buddhist monks. This used to be normal. Now it's not.

The world needs a major reboot.

link   

Exactly you get depressed because things "are" #ing depressing, a pill wont change that. If you stay depressed for to long, a gene switches off. Then you are permanently depressed, and sit on the couch getting fatter and wait to be entertained, then it gets so boring that you cant get up in the morning, and watch the TV in bed. That same gene is associated with food allergies and cancer. So you have to switch it back on. Turmeric black pepper , and thirty minutes walking around the house everyday will do it.....Serious.

link   

Exactly you get depressed because things "are" #ing depressing, a pill wont change that. If you stay depressed for to long, a gene switches off. Then you are permanently depressed, and sit on the couch getting fatter and wait to be entertained, then it gets so boring that you cant get up in the morning, and watch the TV in bed. That same gene is associated with food allergies and cancer. So you have to switch it back on. Turmeric black pepper , and thirty minutes walking around the house everyday will do it.....Serious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join