It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamers Rant---Trigger Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Lysergic

A gamer that loves sleep? How do you live with yourself!?

The biggest and most challenging game you will EVER play is called "life"...and I will tell you it is not even close to a board game

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: mikegrouchy

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

I didn't know that was a thing, but I knew about compulsion loop. Must be I still have some sheep in me.

You don't sound like a sheep.

In fact I think one of the defining attributes of a sheep is their unawareness of their state.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I use to think I didn't sleep and I was a bad ass, then I played EQ with a Korean.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
GTA ALL THE WAY!

Check out my mad skillz.

edit on 23-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: vid

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Had a lot of fun and done a lot of videos on 7D2D.

Only 2 things I hate about that game: Temps and New Versions.

Spend hours and days carefully building your base, slowly crafting stuff, only to have a new version of the game completely screw you because it's not backwards compatible with older version saves. GAH!

Temps: really unrealistic. Having to walk around in the grassland environment in your shorts or you become over heated. Really? Guess the devs have never lived here in the South where I live with 99 F weather and almost 100 percent humidity. We do just fine, hehehehe.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I play that everyday. Sometimes a guy needs to relax!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I use to think I didn't sleep and I was a bad ass, then I played EQ with a Korean.

Didn't want the 14 day heart attack?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

It does suck but I'm not bothered by either of those. I like starting fresh, granted not every few weeks. The temp is a bug as I posted in your thread. It can be disabled.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Over the last couple of months me and my youngest son replayed some games that I played way back in the 1990s:

Starship Titanic and Titanic: Adventure Out of Time.

I forgot how funny Starship Titanic was.

Mustard Chicken anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thought about trying to find the old might and magic games. Postal and red neck rampage were fun as well. Not to mention rocket jockies!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Over the last couple of months me and my youngest son replayed some games that I played way back in the 1990s:

Starship Titanic and Titanic: Adventure Out of Time.

I forgot how funny Starship Titanic was.

Mustard Chicken anyone?

I too find that games from before the rise of the compulsion loop retain their replayability(sp?).

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The gaming community has grown complacent as well.

They used to know how to agitate for what they really wanted.

Now through the advanced use of the Psychological principle of working just below the "just-noticeable-difference" players are less aware of how their emotions are being manipulated to turn them into cash machines for the freemium game companies.

edit on 23-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well, I got the old Castle Wolfenstien to run on my computer:

My son was like: Wow Dad....that's pretty pixelated.

I was like: Yeeeeeaaaahhhh......back then it was pretty cool though.

Then I took him even further back and showed him Zork that I used to play on my C64.

He got it. Good news is we still play DnD so he knows what it's like to have to imagine what things look like for yourself.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I visit MMORPG.com a few times a week and I can say that the agitated voices are there. There are just so many now that are happily paying that it matters not.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I visit MMORPG.com a few times a week and I can say that the agitated voices are there. There are just so many now that are happily paying that it matters not.

Exactly.

They just agitate because they are agitated.

No longer are they self aware enough to know what they really want, reputation space.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just completed my first full playthrough of XCOM 2 yesterday. I had several abortive attempts -- one even all the way up to the final fight at the end where I realized I'd done it all wrong and wasn't going to pull it off.

I was proud of that, finally finishing and winning. It literally came down to one shot all or nothing at the end for this first success. The XCOM games are tough.

Now I am trying again to see if I can improve on that result.

I might also go back to Civ 6 or Civ 5. Those are also reliable replays. I can also count on getting back into a BioWare at some point. I am waffling on Andromeda, but it's looking cool. So I am fairly sure I can be counted on to pay for it after the initial reviews. And I will almost certainly finish it unless the story is horrible and loses me.

Never could get into any of the Witcher games though.

I am thinking about RimWorld at some point. It looks intriguing.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have to say even though I enjoy all my more modern games I play now (especially those from Bethesda), what I really miss are the beautiful adventure games I used to play: Myst, Riven, Uru....... (all from Cyan Worlds of course).

I always enjoyed the exploring and figuring out puzzles with those games.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think that is where the housing system derived from. Some sort of metric but alas it turned into the same strategy you showed before.

Luckily there are enough options to feed the leisure but the real thought out games are probably extinct.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I think that is where the housing system derived from. Some sort of metric but alas it turned into the same strategy you showed before.

Luckily there are enough options to feed the leisure but the real thought out games are probably extinct.

That ... is a great example!

It also depends on the individual, what kind of reputation space they crave.

Personal
Setting
Deed
item
Gear
Teritory
Home
Followers
Monster
Beast
Trade
NPC
Lore
development
macro
Leader
Skill

And that’s just some off the top of my head in about three minutes of remembering. People are varied, and each one could make their own place at the table. But now all paths are paved, and everyone expects the same end game.

Things like this have been lost.

6 months late Blizzard patched the game so you could just buy one of the Nightsaber "cat mounts" even if you wern't a Nightelf.

Since that day emergent gameplay has been consistently treated as a bug to be coded in or out.
edit on 23-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ah yes, rep grinding! That was fun.

IDK if you are familiar with EQ but it had separate cities for each race. Those races had different starting factions with different cities based on the good/evil alignment.

So having say an Ogre race be in a human city was quite a feat and worth noting. Of course this was 18 years ago now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join