It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Sleep Paralysis..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It is like that scene in The Empire Strikes Back..

What you take with you is what you will confront. It can be super unpleasant and terrifying! Don't take that with you.

I also believe this is a test: One's heart must be lighter than a feather to pass...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: underwerks
It's hard for me to believe we can create that level of reality just by falling asleep

Why is it hard to believe??

Just imagine for a minute if there were a time in human lineage where this was commonplace.

The wisdom of the past has been lost, but some of us can gleam our spiritual heritage.

Now you know the meaning of my username

True. Maybe that's the God in all of us?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Or it's like Schisms in Star Trek TNG...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Check it out, I actually found the photo I took of the marks that reptilian thing left on my arm right afterwards. I had to document it somehow so I knew I wasn't going crazy.

I guess it was the right arm instead of the left like I said in my first post, which makes sense now that I'm looking at pics of the room and where I was sleeping at.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Many years ago, while raising my two young children, I laid down for a quick and much needed rest and fell quickly into a deep, deep sleep. I found myself flying though a tunnel rapidly passing others and scenes then fear entered my soul and I desperately wanted to wake up back at home with my children. It took tremendous amounts of strength to turn around and push back-to an awakened state-and I greatly feared leaving my children.

When I finally was able to open my eyes I was paralyzed-absolutely terrified. After what seemed like an eternity, I could move again but felt terrible pain on the inside of hands. With horror, I found I had dug my fingernails deeply into my hands during my struggle to return-awaken-I had even broken the skin in places.

Scariest thing that ever happened to me-and the clock showed I had slept for only 20 minutes.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
For me sleep paralysis is the gateway to having an OBE. Years ago i read about astral projection, (a search in google actually led me to this site) i eventually trained my mind to go into sleep paralysis states to achieve an OBE.

I practice astral projection almost every night, I've noticed that when i mediate a lot and practice energy manipulation the sleep paralysis will be much smoother (less violent feeling) and easier to accomplish.

I also think sleeping on your back balances the left and right hemispheres of your brain which helps me achieve these levels of consciousness.

I think most people feel paralyzed because of fear. Once you accept the paralyses and go deeper you can pop out of your body in your room next to your bed and see your sleeping body back in bed. From there your free to explore anything you can possibly imagine.

(post by Queirozmano2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I love the paranormal and i have done a lot of research about SP and i wanted the experience TBH.
5 or 6 years ago i got my wish, i was sleeping on a sofa on my right hand side and i suddenly woke up this night and i instantly knew "someone" was standing just out of eye shot behind my head, i went to get up but nothing worked and i went straight into panic mode......... I hate being held down or trapped and this sent me crazy, i remember trying soooo hard to get up but my arms and legs felt so damn heavy, i could move my right arm a little but it was much hard work, i also remembering trying to look around to see who was in the room with me but that was impossible, this struggle went on for awhile, maybe 5 or 10 minutes and next thing i knew it was morning time.

I spent that whole day thinking about what had happened, i was scared about it BUT i told myself that i was not harmed in any way and i also got my wish so i told myself that if it ever happens again i will calm myself down and see what happens..!

The very next night i woke again on the sofa with this "presence" standing behind my head, i was on my right hand side again and i went straight into panic mode but after a few moments i started talking to myself and i calmed down.

I had got my right arm out from underneath me but it was heavy, i could feel this presence just out of eye shot and i struggled to move my head but i suddenly KNEW it was my late father, i reached out my hand to him and he took my hand but it felt as if someone threw a bucket of freezing ice cold water over me as soon as he took my hand, the air was literally sucked out of my lungs and i had to let go, i tried once again and it was the same thing, the air was sucked out of my lungs and i had to let go again.
I was sobbing at this point, my father was there but i couldn't touch him for anything longer than a few seconds, i had so much to say to him but i was so emotional that i couldn't speak.
He eventually told me what he had to say and the next thing i knew it was morning time, i spent a long time thinking about what had happened that day, did it really happen, was it all just a dream but deep down i knew the old git had fulfilled my dream of an SP experience and he also had a warning for me which he gave me and it turned out to be very real.

We had a few rocky years before he died but i am so happy he gave me that experience and that he cared so much for the hard times i was going through at that time that HE needed to come and give me advice.

I have never had that experience again, part of me is thankful for them two experiences but another apart of me wants more of that experience (i think.lol) and another part of me never want's that to happen again.

I do not believe the spirit world is evil, that is a human thing and belongs on earth, i have only had good experiences with the spirit world and i hope it continues that way..!

Overcome your fears of SP and see what happens..!
Chill out and see what happens..!

Good luck with your experience and i hope it is a good one..!

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
-Update-

Interestingly I haven't had a single episode since I made this post..
Kinda odd in a good way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join