It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First day in office General Mattis oversees 31 airstrikes on Daesh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Strikes in Syria

Attack, bomber, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 25 strikes consisting of 39 engagements in Syria:

-- Near Bab, two strikes engaged an ISIL tactical unit, destroyed an artillery piece and damaged a tactical vehicle.

-- Near Raqqa, 22 strikes engaged 12 ISIL tactical units; destroyed nine fighting positions, two tunnels, two tanks an improvised-bomb factory and an ISIL headquarters; and suppressed three ISIL tactical units.

-- Near Dayr Az Zawr, a strike destroyed two oil well heads.

Strikes in Iraq

Attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft conducted six strikes consisting of 16 engagements in Iraq, coordinated with and in support of the Iraqi government:

-- Near Rutbah, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a tactical vehicle, two weapons caches and a mortar.

-- Near Beiji, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle.

-- Near Kisik, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a vehicle and an ISIL-held building.

-- Near Mosul, two strikes engaged two ISIL tactical units; destroyed a vehicle-borne-bomb factory, a vehicle-borne bomb, a tank, three fighting positions and a vehicle; and suppressed an ISIL tactical unit.

-- Near Tal Afar, a strike engaged an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed a semi-truck and a command-and-control node.

www.defense.gov...
edit on 22-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: color

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I really do hate to do this because I like the information you provided, but this was posted not long ago. Still, good OP, S&F.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If they really think we're the devil, then send them to hell.
edit on 22-1-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How does this compare to our operations before James "Mad Dog" Mattis took over? Are these operations a step up, or different in some way, from the past few weeks of strikes/operations?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
How does this compare to our operations before James "Mad Dog" Mattis took over? Are these operations a step up, or different in some way, from the past few weeks of strikes/operations?

Now that a Republican is in the White House they will be publicized.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: carewemust

Now that a Republican is in the White House they will be publicized.

Well Trump did campaign on wiping Radical Islamic Terrorism off the face of the earth.

Cant imagine why the press would be checking to see if he actually doing the thing he said he would.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I really do hate to do this because I like the information you provided, but this was posted not long ago. Still, good OP, S&F.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

D'oh
/forehead

/looks around for a rationalization for a second thread.

That was posted in "War on Terrorism", and this is posted in "Middle East Issues".

This thread is a different conversation, about armies and nation building, not terrorism.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They bombed two Daesh oil rigs.

Should slow down their income.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I feel those forums are around such a similar topic there might not be justification, but I'm not complaining.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, that's his job after all.

I hope Trump and his administration step up strikes against IS around the Deir Ezzor (or Dayr Az Zawr) area, the Republican Guard units defending that city desperately need some relief. Just make sure they don't hit the Government troops this time like Obama did a few months back...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
He's going to have to do a lot better than that if he wants to get a Nobel Peace prize like Obama.

Obama, Hillary and all droned/killed at least 2400 people including at least 200 children.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

top topics

join