It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Candidates!! The American people respectfully ask that you pay your bills!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It seems that Trump isn't the only one that has a problem paying his bills.. Hillary sounds just as bad.

Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders may not remember much about the rallies they each held last year in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

But officials at Green Bay City Hall sure do. And they’re miffed the three politicos have stiffed them on police protection bills totaling $24,000.

“We appreciate, and we feel honored, when the candidates come to Green Bay,” said Celestine Jeffreys, chief of staff to Mayor Jim Schmitt. “We are also very appreciative when they honor their debts.”

Green Bay is no anomaly.

At least three-dozen municipal governments and law enforcement agencies say presidential campaigns have ignored hundreds of thousands of dollars in outstanding bills stemming from police security for campaign events — from Vallejo, California, to the University of Pittsburgh. That’s according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis of federal campaign disclosures and municipal invoices, as well as interviews with more than 60 local government officials.

www.publicintegrity.org...

Sanders does sound at least a little better, his campaign at least admits that he owes "$449,409, spread among nearly two-dozen municipalities and law enforcement agencies" in his campaign financial disclosures.
Trump and Hillary's disclosures just don't mention their debts. So, while they both campaigned on a platform that sounded supportive of the police departments in this country, that support just didn't include the money that they owe to these departments...

and these are the highly esteemed leaders of our nation!!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
respectfully asking a politician for anything will not get results, angrily demand might though.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Small claims court...though that's not exactly small, is it?

That's truly pitiful that campaigns that rake in the kind of bucks these did, can't be bothered to pay what is owed. Many of the smaller communities can't afford to lose that kind of money.

C'mon you cheap schmucks, pay up!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I was thinking more like calling my city and asking them if the candidates had paid them and maybe find out much is owed my city and it's police dept. as well, the businesses here that provided services to the campaigns..
and then start writing letters, making phone calls, first being more respectful, buy losing a little bit of respect with each letter written. always reminding them that respect is something that is earned, and lost, according to the acts and words of those demanding the respect.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I found this:

docquery.fec.gov...

looks like Newt2012 just got relief on over 4.5 million dollars.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
it's a shame that people just don't seem interested in this...
I mean, considering just how much money these candidates pull in through donations, many times from corporate entities in the hopes that they will get special favors while their candidate is in office...
why do we allow them to go that far above what their budget provides. they all proclaim they just love small businesses and blah, blah, blah, and yet, they find a need to enlist their services with what seems as no intention of ever paying them back. clinton still owes money for his campaigns for crying out loud! I'm sorry, but that small print shop that you hired to print your signs might not be able to wait around for decades for you to pay them, they might need that money a little sooner to buy the supplies they need for jobs coming up or their payroll. can't help but wonder, just how many business have been put out of business because politicians decided they were too good to pay them for the services they provided.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In the future when dealing with campaigns people should demand cash in advance for any goods or services the politicians intend to use.
money up front or stay the F*^K out of our town or business.
edit on 22-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

if there was a bigger deal made of this, more businesses would be aware of this problem. but, I imagine that they think that these people are running for important offices, they have to have at least some respectability to them..
and they just don't know better.

new topics

top topics

join