It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just offered to drop ALL Russian sanctions in return for......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
All I can say is yay, yay and more YAY.

Not only is Trump doing the morally right thing, he is offering in a way that makes it look like the USA is in control, co-operation in the fight against terrorism.

That is what I call a good deal.

As they say - the enemy of my enemy (Terrorism in this case) is my friend.
edit on 20-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm no fan of Russia's

But I think maybe it's better to work closer with them to rebuild relations and move towards one of closer ties

The world has changed massively in just a few short years

And in all honesty I think Putin sees radical Islam as a major threat to Russia also, it is not a powerful army, it is however a powerful mental illness of the mind and a lot of Russia is in the firing line for the spread of its ideology

Russia also cannot deny the Chinese threat, Russia must've noticed China did not fully or at all support Russia after countless calls for China to back her on many issues

There is also technology theft from China against Russia it's so called freind, and then there is boarder worries like everyone else who shares a boarder with China

There are good grounds to become better than ever before freinds and/or military allies on many key issues that both sides regard as problematic in the future or currently today

I'm all for it

edit on 20-1-2017 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Uh? Drop the sanctions placed on Russia for invading and annexing Crimea in violation of the Budapest Memorandum in exchange for "helping us fight terror?"

You think that would makes us look as though we're in a position of control? How on Earth does that work? Jesus.

I suspect and sincerely hope this is just more "fake news" from "Next News Network."

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I can't watch YouTube videos right now, what exactly is this deal?

Personally I'm anti terrorism and pro better relations with Russia so hopefully it's along those lines.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I suspect and sincerely hope this is just more "fake news" from "Next News Network."

You might want to consider a thread about Trump's "Clean Up" crew.

Trump does. Crew comes in behind him to clean up the mess.

I don't think he has a clue.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Uh? Drop the sanctions placed on Russia for invading and annexing Crimea in violation of the Budapest Memorandum in exchange for "helping us fight terror?"

You think that would makes us look as though we're in a position of control? How on Earth does that work? Jesus.

You didnt watch the video did you?
You just heard Trump and your brain turns to moosh.

all sanctions that Obama put on Russia for allegedly hacking will be lifted if Russia works with the USA to eliminate terrorism.

A nice case of foot in mouth syndrome you have there.
edit on 20-1-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Somehow the media will spin this into a "bad thing" maybe even "racist" or something.

This is a GOOD thing, I don't care how people try to spin it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I guess were forgetting that Trump has Exxon exec Rex Tillerson as is secretary of state....Tillerson owns over 200 million in Exxon stock, a pension worth 70 million and has publicly stated that the sanctions on Russia are hurting them....

Youre telling me that theres no money to be made in this by Trump and his cronies?

They are spinning this like hes done something great, while conveniently leaving out the back room deals....

Ever the businessman Trump, to line his pockets.....

edit on 1/20/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Let's just agree Russia's land grab of Crimea was simply Russia taking back a gift in the wrong way and move on

Yes Russia took Crimea illegally
No the US isn't a saint regarding breaking international laws or on any moral high ground with wars either

Yes there must be a resolve in parts of eastern Ukraine, imo Russia must pull all funding from any groups currently in Ukraine and encourage them to talk with the Ukrainian government in resolving the issues with Russian speaking enclaves

I've always seen Russia as number 1 threat, however both sides are now losing ground to new potentially bigger threats

Putin isn't stupid, I'm betting Putin sees these threats and we will start to see both work a lot closer than ever before

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They are spinning this like hes done something great, while conveniently leaving out the back room deals....

Who's "they"?

BTW, this hasn't been spun by anyone, YET. Can you guess how the media will probably spin it?? In YOUR favor, I'm sure they'll make all sorts of "back room" claims over the next four years, so stop crying about "they are spinning this". ATS has a variety of opinions contrary to the usual "spin", everywhere else in the mainstream media, and I happen to find it refreshing.

Get used to it!
edit on 21-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Russia and the US are natural allies if governments will allow it. Makes more sense to handle things with cooperation than with nuclear threats or war. Our countries are more similar than they are different.

Foreign policy is Trump's strength IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I feel like I sort of agree with you on this topic. While some people might argue our relations with Russia during the cold war were a direct result of their communist style government, they were actually strong allies of the US during world war II and our highest concern was their expansion. If the sanctions do not affect restricting their expansion I see no problem lifting them, but in any case I think its in our best interest to develop better relations with Russia.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Russia and the US are natural allies if governments will allow it.

Because both now have authoritarian leaders?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Okay, for all the naysayers, let's break this down;

Trump offered to drop all sanctions against Russia in exchange for help in the fight against terrorism.

No doubt the actual details will be thrashed out when they meet, but what this deal does;

- Gives the USA a chance to 'hand over' Syria to Russia and let them deal with the problems there without loss of face.
-If any of you (I'm guessing most haven't) have watched Putin talk to the media, then you would know that Putin has been calling for increased co-operation with combatting terrorism and organised crime for some time now. He almost begged at one point for the USA to come on board in Syria and help instead of hinder the war there. The blockade was the removal of Assad (which is illegal BTW), because Putin wanted to keep Assad in power then transition him out afterward.
-Which leads to the point of "Boohoo Crimea, Boohoo Ukraine" - Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria anyone? Putin is not squeaky clean, but NO American gets the right to call him corrupt and an illegal land grabber when the USA has that hanging over it's own head.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: pirhanna

Russia and the US are natural allies if governments will allow it.

Because both now have authoritarian leaders?

No because the world is a much more dangerous place because of there difference and rivalry

And... Because they have common enemies

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The thing is, the axis of power is shifting now.

China is rising and rising fast. People do not know the risk it poses to Russia or the long term ambitions it has to annex all of Sibera.

www.nytimes.com...

There is much to be gained from both sides in forming a new alliance here.

What's more, Putin has been calling for increased co-operation for a long time now. The area where it all falls apart is that Russia wants to be seen as an equal in dealings, not the embarassing drunken uncle who always turns up to parties uninvited. It would seem that our western politicians never did get past the cold war mentality....

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

No because the world is a much more dangerous place because of there difference and rivalry

I agree with that. It would be nice if everyone would just get along.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Yes Russia wanted the USA to share intel and frag orders over a year ago and our rebel supporting state department said, No!

Glad to see this taking a direction in the right direction IMO. In Trump's inauguration speech he flat out stated we and our allies were going to rid this world of radical Islam..

That is one promise I do not believe he will accomplish unless he somehow reincarnated Genghis Khan and the hordes to run wild the world over.. Hummm Actually could start with Wahhabism and our wonderful allied Saudi Arabia which might make a dent in their radical philosophy... I would not shed a tear. youtu.be... statement at 2:30

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That's a bold statement to make.

The first thing he will have to do is destroy all the apathy in the rest of the civilised world's govts toward this issue.

The actual way to do that would be to bankrupt the middle east.

Electric cars anyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Who's "they"?

BTW, this hasn't been spun by anyone, YET. Can you guess how the media will probably spin it?? In YOUR favor, I'm sure they'll make all sorts of "back room" claims over the next four years, so stop crying about "they are spinning this". ATS has a variety of opinions contrary to the usual "spin", everywhere else in the mainstream media, and I happen to find it refreshing.

Get used to it!

Stop crying? Oh you mean stop stating facts because it might hurt the Trump narrative.....

Funny , my conservative friends use to LOVE facts....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join