It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic Manager: There’s one “Big Lie” It Wants Everyone to Believe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

To say govt funds to PP to assist in an abortion or two is a bit of a stretch.

I think the Catholic Church should give up their 501(c)(3) non-profit status not only in hospitals, but across the board as it allows the govt to dictate what they can and can not do. Catholic hospitals should not be involved in abortions and their schools should not be forced to teach Common Corruption.

Of course that will mean that approximately 1 in 7 hospitals beds in the US will disappear. So be it.

edit on 1/21/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks to the Supreme Court ruling on Healthcare we can now tax abortion

MAGA

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
March 7, 2017

Today, President Trump offered to make a deal with Planned Parenthood.

""Did you hear what Trump did with Planned Parenthood? (chuckles) He offered to let Planned Parenthood keep all of their federal funding if they would stop doing abortions. (laughing) That’s all they do!

Everybody thinks that Planned Parenthood does all this great women’s health stuff. They don’t do mammograms. They don’t do anything! They do abortions, and they have “counseling” to talk women into doing abortions. So Trump comes along and says: You don’t want to lose federal funding? Fine. Stop doing abortions and we'll continue to give you every dime of what you’re getting.""

Excerpted from Political Genius: www.rushlimbaugh.com...

News Article with More Details: www.nytimes.com...

edit on 3/8/2017 by carewemust because: because because

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I love how your so concerned about the half billion dollars going to PP and yet I don't hear you complaining about the 400 billion spent on a new jet program that doesn't work.

A half billion isn't sh*t to spend tax dollars on. That's nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This has got to be THE BIGGEST pile of BS - that I have ever seen on this site.

Second line, edited again - because - yeah - the above is all that needs to be said.
edit on 17-3-2017 by FalseMove because: you people make me insane

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I love how your so concerned about the half billion dollars going to PP and yet I don't hear you complaining about the 400 billion spent on a new jet program that doesn't work.

A half billion isn't sh*t to spend tax dollars on. That's nothing.

National defense has a higher priority than helping people find a way to escape their responsibilities.
The F-35 hasn't worked since the Bush administration...
So blame Bush here I'm sure it will be nostalgic for you.

Don't give me this moral posturing garbage!
You and I both know the majority of abortions performed are not because of rape or a danger to the mother. It's a result of people(males and females) being irresponsible. That is why I have an issue with my tax dollars funding this nonsense.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

So now it's about morals then??

I thought you were upset about the money. That's what I was talking about. 1/2 billion dollars spend on women's health or 400 billion on a non working jet. Which one of those do you complain about, the 1/2 billion for women.

Let me know when when our tax dollars aren't wasting an additional 350 billion on something that doesn't work and perhaps I'd be with you. But I'm sure that half bill. is doing much more good than that 400 bill. ever will.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: dogstar23

I have always wondered how taxpayer dollars are separated. Do they actually take that money out and designate it to other services?

Same way most organisations do it. Separate funds that cant used for other reasons.

Organizations also do something called 'budgeting' and so long as they know they are getting tax dollars for certain activities they can put non-tax dollars to other activities. Remove the tax dollars and the non-tax dollars would have to be re-apportioned.

What it boils down to is that the money is spongeable.

The best way to definitively assure that tax dollars are not going to PP abortions would be for PP to divest the abortion mills into a separate medical entity funded entirely by private money. If PP does truly keep the funding and budgets separate, this should not be a problem and cause no interruptions in services. The fact of the matter is that they cannot, because the tax money does indeed support the abortion activities.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Trouble is we can say that about our tax dollars going to something we don't agree with. Everyone also has a different list of what's ok and what's not.

Certain things we will never settle or agree on either and those are the things better left alone. Changing them just causes trouble so you just do it and society runs smoother for everyone.

Nobody is special and gets to pick and choose because their opinion is worth more than others. It's not much money overall so suck it up.

Otherwise everyone gets to decide what they want to pay for and it all falls apart. Because nobody wants to pay for anyone else but that's how it works.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Trouble is we can say that about our tax dollars going to something we don't agree with. Everyone also has a different list of what's ok and what's not.

Certain things we will never settle or agree on either and those are the things better left alone. Changing them just causes trouble so you just do it and society runs smoother for everyone.

Nobody is special and gets to pick and choose because their opinion is worth more than others. It's not much money overall so suck it up.

Otherwise everyone gets to decide what they want to pay for and it all falls apart. Because nobody wants to pay for anyone else but that's how it works.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

How about we all get along and stop federally funding for all of the above? Everyone is entitled to an opinion because it's their own damn money going into these things! Let's stop it all! Vote libertarian!!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Stop all taxes. Sounds great man. But there are some government things that are a good thing. You can't just not fund anything. That's just dumb.

It won't work. Have you looked at the world??? I don't think so. You're dreamin.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Throes

Stop all taxes. Sounds great man. But there are some government things that are a good thing. You can't just not fund anything. That's just dumb.

It won't work. Have you looked at the world??? I don't think so. You're dreamin.

No we don't need to stop all taxes, but we can stop giving money to things that are not federal responsibilities. Do that, and you end up taxing the People and the States less. Then the People and the States can work out things in their own local areas.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

and we'd be having the same danged argument, only on a state level.
it is in the public interest to ensure that the population has adequate healthcare. if you don't believe me, ask yourself how you would feel sending your kids to a school where half the kids are sick and unable to go to a doctor at least to ensure it's not contagious. so, if the federal gov't stopped programs like medicaid and such, then, I am pretty sure that the states would have to pick it up, weather they were poor little alabama, or a much better off state like california or ny. and, a major epidemic that started in alabama could easly spread worldwide within weeks!
so, I really do see healthcare as an interest that the federal gov't should have, especially with all the hype they put out about terrorism and biological weapons in their attempts to justify wasting more and more money on bombs to drop on villages full of kids halfway around the world.

The best way to definitively assure that tax dollars are not going to PP abortions would be for PP to divest the abortion mills into a separate medical entity funded entirely by private money. If PP does truly keep the funding and budgets separate, this should not be a problem and cause no interruptions in services. The fact of the matter is that they cannot, because the tax money does indeed support the abortion activities.

they do have another alternative...
right now, they are getting just about all their federal funds through medicaid and title x... FOR SERVICES RENDERED.
meaning they provide the services, and instead of charging the patient anything, they send the bill for the services they provided to the gov't. alot of doctors will no longer take medicaid because the payments that medicaid is willing to pay doesn't cover the cost of the services that are given, so I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that the money they are getting from the gov't is being used for abortions... since it's payment for services they had already provided! but, well, I guess that planned parenthood could always just decide not to take the medicaid or title x anymore, just go to a income based sliding scale that starts off with a flat rate of $15 or $25 and all those medicaid and title x patients would probably be flocking to the county health clinics that yous seem to thing is so equipped to handle them where they wouldn't have to pay anything for the services while those who have insurance that is willing to accept planned parenthood in their plans can still get their free birth control coverage and such. then, we could all see once and for all how necessary planned parenthood really is..

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
March 30, 2017

""Vice President Mike Pence cast a rare tie-breaking vote Thursday in the Senate to pass a bill allowing states to withhold federal funds from health care clinics like Planned Parenthood.

The measure would roll back an Obama-era rule that barred states from withholding funds from clinics that also offered abortion services.""

Full Article: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh, we're still on this bollocks? For the love of all that is holy, why do you prefer women using acid douches at home to a safe and clinical environment? 'Cause GUESS WHAT, desperate people = desperate measures. Oh, but if the baby starves to death because no one can afford to feed it, who the hell cares? Once it's outta' the womb, that ugly thing's on its OWN.

Proper prevention prevents more abortions than making abortions illegal ever would, but whatever. Sex is the devil, condoms are an affront to god, masturbation is murder, etc. etc. etc.

I can see both sides of the gun issue. I can see both sides of the sanctimonious climate issue (admittedly, one side is dumb. Very dumb. But I can see the logical argument. Sort of. Still very dumb, though.)
But this, I can never understand. It's just so absurd. So insane. So selfish. So sociopathic. So holier-than-thou that it drives me mental just trying to consider the hypocrisy that goes into it. Even the incompetence and corruption of my country's officials makes me less irritated than this.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Abortion makes up a tiny fraction of the total services PP provides.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

withholding funds from clinics that also offered abortion services.

can't wait till some poor pro-life women lose their ob/gyn because, to their surprise...
they offer abortion services...
or hospitals....

but, na... it will only affect planned parenthood, right???

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood was a BIG TARGET for Republicans to shut-down earlier this year, but apparently they have changed their minds? It keeps its funding in the new Trump budget. (through 9.30.2017)

nymag.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Story on Planned Parenthood, and their monthly abortion quotas, $500,000,000 in taxpayer $$ every year, and a well paid president Cecile Richards who earns $600,000 annually.
The big lie is that PP is in business for women's health, when in actuality, according to the story, they are in it for the revenue from abortions. Interesting read.

Every position from an office worker. to a shelf stacker, or a foot baller has the

going rate in salary ....lucky Cecile $600,000 is a very good pay grade.

25 years ago Sue Thayer worked for Planned Pas an entry level assistant and was promoted to office manager position for 18 years. For 17 years she believed the big lie. That lie is that PP was protecting women's health and PP was NOT about abortion, but about preventing the need for abortions.

PP includes abortion in the protection of womens health because in many

instances for whatever reason it does.

They also provide contraception of various types. What puzzles me though

is that they also provide condoms .... and women don't/can't wear condoms??

So some men benefit from PP?

Nearly 25 years ago, Sue Thayer was employed by an Iowa-based Planned Parenthood of the Heartland facility as an entry-level assistant, and soon promoted to an office management position, according to Alliance Defending Freedom.
This position she maintained for 18 years. Her job description included family counseling and staff, medical record and financial oversight duties.

If she was compromising her moral standards she could have easily terminated

her employment ....but hey! ... that would mean her loosing her generous

salary!!?

Morals??/Salary?? no contest ... she stayed for 18 years.

“For 17 years, I believed the big lie – the lie that Planned Parenthood, America’s largest abortion chain, was all about protecting women’s health,” Thayer told the Washington Times. “Not about abortion, but about “preventing the need for abortion.”

Medical abortions do protect a womens health, the alternative

is a 'back street' abortion with all that entails.

I wouldn't say it's *Americas largest abortion chain* It is only large as being

sole provider it doesn't have any competition.

“While taking the lives of nearly 1,000 unborn children every day.

Nice bit of Drama there?

A fetus is not a child.

“Planned Parenthood boasts assets of $1.3 billion — not exactly the figure that comes to mind when thinking ‘nonprofit.’ What, you may wonder, does the leader of the top abortion provider in the country make? Cecile Richards makes $600,000 per year — 11 times more than the average American household whose tax dollars fund her paycheck,” she continued.

A sum, it seems she wasn't embarassed enough to turn down?

And PP knows where the real money is and that is in abortion. 46% of there revenue is from abortion, and PP started a mandate in 2013 to meet abortion quotas each month.

How on earth do you quantify that statement? To meet quotas you have to

have the ability to produce the goods (pregnant women).... who's going out

to make ALL these women pregnant to full fill PP's ever increasing quota's.

She continued: “Planned Parenthood receives $542,000,000 in federal funding, yet asks women who live at or below the poverty line, who depend on federally-funded healthcare to make a donation — proof that Planned Parenthood is much more concerned about its bottom line than women in need.”

A donation is a request a gift not a bill, not a demand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join