It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic Manager: There’s one “Big Lie” It Wants Everyone to Believe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I prefer the term abortion mill.

DANNENFELSER: Planned Parenthood cranks up abortion mills

Meanwhile, abortion continues to account for the overwhelming majority of Planned Parenthood’s services for pregnant women, making up 92 percent of the organization’s pregnancy services. Prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 7 percent (28,674) and 0.6 percent (2,300), respectively. Put another way, 9 out of 10 pregnant women who walk into Planned Parenthood leave having undergone an abortion. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 145 abortions. Does that sound like much of a choice?

VERY REVEALING Margaret Sanger Interview MUST SEE ! PLANNED PARENTHOOD

Margaret Sanger Founder of Planned Parenthood In Her Own Words

On blacks, immigrants and indigents: "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

and:

On the extermination of blacks: "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

You understand that there are services that are for adoption and stuff, right?

I'm surprised that even 1 in 10 go into planned parenthood to put their kid up for adoption. They probably were either confused or had their mind changed by the counseling provided by planned parenthood.

Your post is about as insightful as saying that since only 2% of people visiting grocery stores also buy holiday cards there that 98% of grocery store visitors hate holidays.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I don't see what condoms and birth control have to do with this $500,000,000 taxpayer subsidy

What you think birth control is free?? How about paying for all the buildings and staff?

This post is just more conservative ignorance and propaganda.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Abortion is a legal, barbaric, primitive, unenlightened act.

If we, as a society, are going to debase ourselves and permit this primitive action, then some might as well profit from it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If we, as a society, are going to debase ourselves and permit this primitive action, then some might as well profit from it.

Ourselves? I bet you're male, like me. So we don't have to deal with it. We can't become pregnant, ever. I wonder if we COULD, if we would support the right to choose.

This isn't really in response to you, but more my overall take here....

No one is trying to MANDATE abortions. If someone tries to make abortion mandatory for ANYONE, I would oppose that with vigor. That sounds horrible.

But as far as the right to CHOOSE... If we're going to be conservative... less government... personal freedom...

Can a true conservative disagree with the following statement: "There should be no law where there is not a consensus"?

There's not a consensus. So the right to choose is the way to go. That way, those opposed to abortion can simply not have one.
edit on 20-1-2017 by TheBlackTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

so isn't letting a women bleed out, or die from a preventable infection on a hospital bed while the doctors wait around for the fetus to die.
so isn't refusing to do a tubal litigation or even prescribe birth control pills when the doctor states that another pregnancy could be deadly to the women.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

It's easy if you don't consider the life of the infant an actual life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Hey!

It's legal!

Go kill babies!

I just think that it is a primitive barbaric practice.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

It's easy if you don't consider the life of the infant an actual life.

There is a factual and definitive difference between "infant" and "fetus".

It is my strong opinion that all arguments on abortion boil down to the question of, "when is a life human?"

There is no consensus there. A fertilized egg is a small technicality away from an unfertilized egg, so is every menstrual cycle, representing a potential human gone to waste, a murder? But if the egg is fertilized, then dies one week later, did a human die? Is a miscarriage a fatality? Wait, is a miscarriage brought on by vigorous physical activity manslaughter?

I'm not trying to say "your argument is absurd", rather I'm trying to say "the entire argument is nuanced". I don't want you to change your mind.

When I argue this point, what I strive for is that others agree that there are many subjective opinions to be had, but few objective ones. And in that, we know that freedom of choice is the only option to respect the individual.

Dictating our own opinions into law is something best left to dictators.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

This is one topic that is never going to be resolved.

I think it's barbaric.

But it's also legal, so my opinion is as pertinent as a fart in a bubble bath. Fun to look at, but doesn't have much of a shelf life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This is one topic that is never going to be resolved.

I think it's barbaric.

But it's also legal, so my opinion is as pertinent as a fart in a bubble bath. Fun to look at, but doesn't have much of a shelf life.

I appreciate and respect your opinion. I've had some to drink and therefore like to try and engage in debates.

But this post that I'm quoting right now is what true "freedom" is made of, imo. You're a good man.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackTiger

You understand that there are services that are for adoption and stuff, right?

I'm surprised that even 1 in 10 go into planned parenthood to put their kid up for adoption. They probably were either confused or had their mind changed by the counseling provided by planned parenthood.

Your post is about as insightful as saying that since only 2% of people visiting grocery stores also buy holiday cards there that 98% of grocery store visitors hate holidays.

Prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 7 percent (28,674) and 0.6 percent (2,300), respectively. Put another way, 9 out of 10 pregnant women who walk into Planned Parenthood leave having undergone an abortion.

.6 percent of their business is adoption referrals. You misunderstood the quote. It is not true that 1-10 put their babies up for adoption. Prenatal care referral accounted for 7 percent of their clients. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 145 abortions.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You're a good man.

Oh lord, probably not.

I'm an imperfect man.

Often wrong and fallible.

But I will always share a bottle and enjoy a rousing debate!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The taxpayer money is billed through medical insurance. So if you have medical assistance or something and you get a procedure done there, they bill the government insurance at the rates that the government insurance set for them. They don't get a "budget", they just invoice. In that sense, each hospital and clinic in the country that accepts government insurance programs is "taxpayer funded" to the degree that they bill the government for services performed for patients with government insurance. I'll note that in some states (My state of Minnesota, as an example), anyone under the age of 21 is eligible to enroll in a state-sponsored, low-deductible insurance plan which is wildly superior [in terms of deductibles and out of pocket costs] to what you get once in the private market. So this covers a lot of young women.

If you don't have insurance, they will still serve you. For free, but they will ask for a donation. When I was a minor I accompanied a couple of girls to planned parenthood to secure birth control for them. Idk if they had insurance through their parents (probably, I wasn't really thinking of that at the time) but they ran it as though they didn't have any insurance and the planned parenthood gave them the birth control (and a bunch of condoms and a lesson on safe sex and preventing pregnancy) and then asked in a really chill way if they could afford to make a donation. Sometimes the answer was no and sometimes the answer was yes. The couple of times I saw it, I saw no change in demeanor or service quality based on the answer to the donation question, which was always asked AFTER the servicse were provided/performed.

I imagine the donations help to pay off some of the cost of provided birth control FOR FREE to people who can't afford it.

Now why would they even bother giving out birth control and condoms for FREE if they really just want to do abortions?

Now, I'm going to give up something rather private. I was with a girl who wanted to have an abortion. Planned parenthood was the first attempt. They gave her the runaround, scheduled an appointment weeks out, hours of travel distance away (of all their clinics in all their towns, only one of them was actually equipped to perform abortions. In the entire state) and there was MANDATED counseling both by phone and in person about why abortion could be bad for your mental health and all the myriad options to avoid abortion. It was also quite expensive. The individual I was assisting ultimately chose a private abortion clinic which performed the operation with much less fuss (not counting some interesting individuals shouting abuse from what looked like a deer stand propped against a privacy wall) and for cheaper.

So my personal anecdotal experience is in contrast to the original post's theories.

It must have been so difficult trying to find someone to murder your baby. Poor baby.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What is the source of Marjorie Dannenfelser's statistics?
edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

so isn't letting a women bleed out, or die from a preventable infection on a hospital bed while the doctors wait around for the fetus to die.
so isn't refusing to do a tubal litigation or even prescribe birth control pills when the doctor states that another pregnancy could be deadly to the women.

www.aclu.org...

If you want an abortion, treatment for a botched abortion, birth control (name your choice) don't expect a Catholic hospital to facilitate your requests. Get your care elsewhere. Don't expect any religion to go against its beliefs. These are guaranteed by the First Amendment.

It was wrong for this girl to get dumped at a Catholic hospital in the first place.

Planned Parenthood's reputation is anything but sterling.

Woman Sues Planned Parenthood for Forced Abortion and Medical Malpractice

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What is the source of Marjorie Dannenfelser's statistics?

As she the president of the Susan B. Anthony List whose statistics are taken from the PP's annual review. I think it's safe to assume the SBA List is the source.

Planned Parenthood Annual Report: Fresh Evidence of Abortion-Centered, Profit Driven Business Model

The SBA Fact sheet:
www.sba-list.org...

Since the pdf is for 2014-2015 the statistics vary from the OP.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Since the pdf is for 2014-2015 the statistics vary from the OP.
Thank you.

The claim is this

Put another way, 9 out of 10 pregnant women who walk into Planned Parenthood leave having undergone an abortion.

The report does not provide sufficient information to arrive at that conclusion. It provides no information about the number of pregnant women who walk into Planned Parenthood. It does, however, show that "Abortion Services" account for 3% of all services provided. In "putting it another way" Dannenfelser seems to be making things up. Unless she has another source of information.

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

if the claim can be made that planned parenthood should be defunded (not eligible for medicaid reimbursements) because the money that they are receiving might be assisting in an abortion or two..
then I contend that all these religious based healthcare conglomerates shouldn't receive those reimbursements either since that money might be assisting them in expanding their reach to the point of having a monopoly in some areas of the country thus making it practically impossible for a women who's pregnancy has run into problems to get appropriate care.

when the beliefs of the religious endanger the health and possibly life of women....
it isn't the women that is in the wrong to demand the care that they need, but rather the religious who have placed their religious dictates above their compassion and duties as healthcare providers.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Short and to the point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join