It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Official Issues Ammunition Ban for Federal Lands on Last Day in Office

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
All these years they have been screaming "He is gonna take ur guns" and the most he did was change the ammo on federal land.

Yes, but that's only because the Republican Congress had the backbone to stand up for the rights of law-abiding American citizens. The fact is, Obama very vocally supported and made repeated attempts to pass major gun rights restrictions in this country, but there's not a whole lot he can do without Congress.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He waited until the last day because you and I both know that this was nothing more than a middle finger salute to gun rights supporters who didn't buy into his opportunistic fear-mongering and repeatedly and consistently opposed him on the issue. If this were really about environmental issues, he'd have done it years ago.

Thankfully, there was little damage he can do without Congress and all of it can and likely will be just as easily reversed by the Trump administration in the next few weeks. The fact that it technically came down through an agency director probably makes it even more likely, too.
edit on 21-1-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
a reply to: Snarl

Free range chicken farmers are facing the same issues. What's the solution?

Sooner or later the birds get lead poisoning. Sooner or later a farmer's children wake up to the fact that the government (and liberal/feel-good regulation) is NOT on their side.

There's a simple point where humans and nature were not meant to co-exist. I think that's what I'm getting at.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You know me, in this board, I don't support anything that I have no done extensive research, the lead poisoning is very real is not a hoax.

I have nothing against hunting, darn I love deer sausage and a good chili, and can not wait for hunting season to get my fair share of the kills. But is those irresponsible hunters out there that do no care when they leave carcasses full of lead after their hunting spree.

I hate waste and abuse and many of those that hunt with permits hunts and take care of their kill and are respectful of nature, but then is those that are nothing but plain stupid.

Lead is poison to humans and is worst on small animals and birds that eats from carcasses left to rot by irresponsible hunters.

This is not a ban on ammunition and is not a ban on all Federal land either.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

IDK. There are already a lot of local and state regulations in place trying to keep lead out of waterways. This is just the Feds on their uber expansive stretch of real estate.

I 'm good with the move to steel. I can reload steel just as easy as lead. But I can empathize with those seeing this as just one more tiny nail in the over-all coffin. A thousand small laws can be just as draconian as one big tyranny.

I like the comment on DU over the middle east

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Do ya'll not realize that many if not most state parks already have this ban on lead ammunition? Why any of you think this is a bad thing is beyond me, and is mostly proof that you probably aren't hunters and don't care about the wildlife or ground water in those areas.

Don't be against everything just because Obamas name is attached, that is just ignorant.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
It is obvious that Obama wants people to mauled by black panthers, bears and bigfoots.

Its already illegal in many states to shoot bigfoot.
In those states that its not you will likely still end up in court for anything they can find to charge you with or you will be sued by the tree hugger/peta people.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

They're worried about wildlife's exposure to lead here, but have no issue with DU scattered across the ME. Sounds like par for the course.

Where does lead come from?

Let's say it together...."Earth"

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Geez! I guess they should ban all the natural lead ores and they had better ban natural mercury too! This will surely be reversed, as long as the President knows about it!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

originally posted by: jappee

They're worried about wildlife's exposure to lead here, but have no issue with DU scattered across the ME. Sounds like par for the course.

Where does lead come from?

Let's say it together...."Earth"

You should start a campaign to prove lead is healthy because it is natural by ingesting lead on camera for a year. Will be brilliant, I will subscribe.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, that didn't take long. Trump's new Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, just reversed this order on his first day in office. Good riddance to it.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There's less people in the woods hunting now than there ever was. Just an anti gun thing that means nothing. My cabins in a national forest and we still use lead

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
lead poisoning kills millions of birds and animals you dimwits

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I've no problem banning lead based ammunition.

Steel and that other one--which I can't remember--work quite well for me.

For me AP ammo works fine in a 50 BMG for taking anything in north america and the middle east.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
lead poisoning kills millions of birds and animals you dimwits

I would be more open to that explanation if they'd have done it under different circumstances. Instead of an open and honest debate, they crammed it through the back door. There are environmental concerns for using lead ammunition in some instances, yes, but the timing of it reeks of a last second political payback to 2A supporters that opposed Obama's gun control schemes rather than any genuine concern for the environment.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: seagull

I've no problem banning lead based ammunition.

Steel and that other one--which I can't remember--work quite well for me.

For me AP ammo works fine in a 50 BMG for taking anything in north america and the middle east.

You just don't get that Star Wars blaster effect if you don't use that "special" mag full of APIT rounds, though.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I would imagine so!

My old, built in 1945, Savage bolt-action is, however, more than sufficient for me... Taken deer, elk, bear with it. I wouldn't say no to a .50 BMG shootin' rifle, though. Only 9 months 'til Christmas!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join