It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump team wanted tanks, missile launchers in parade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So, apparently Trump wanted to make a big splash in his inauguration, complete with tanks and missiles.

According to a source on the inauguration team:

“They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” an inauguration team source told The Huffington Post, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang that are often interpreted as displays of aggression.

Why am I reminded of this?

Just a little?

Anyone else?

Anyway, apparently voices of reason had to inform Mr. Trump that it wouldn't be happening:

According to the report, the military shot down the request because of concerns about how it would look to have tanks and missile launchers in the parade, as well as the possible damage the tanks, which can weigh over 100,000 pounds, would do to the roads.

Also, we're not a country of dictators like N. Korea and Soviet Russia, right? ..... right?

But have no fear, there will be some impressive flyovers planned, which actually sound pretty cool (if you're in the area):

There are five military flyovers planned ― one for each branch of the armed services ― for Friday’s inaugural parade. The Air Force plans to fly four fighter jets: an F-35, an F-16, an F-22 and an F-15E. The Navy will fly four F/A-18 combat jets. The Army will fly four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The Marines will fly four V-22 Ospreys.

Link

But no, we won't be having any Cold War or North Korea-style military parades down Pennsylvania Avenue happening, despite being what Donald Trump wanted.
edit on 20-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I like flyovers.
Jets are cool. V-22s just look unnatural though.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I like flyovers.
Jets are cool. V-22s just look unnatural though.

This is true. They look like large insects, don't they?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yeah. They fly along all normal like then they get all weird.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

According to the report, the military shot down the request because of concerns about how it would look to have tanks and missile launchers in the parade, as well as the possible damage the tanks, which can weigh over 100,000 pounds, would do to the roads.

although a legitimate concern, it seems awkward..

are they admitting that the russians/north koreans make better roads?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: choos
No. They are saying that Russia and North Korea expect tanks to roll on the streets of their capital cities.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Being an Aussie and and lover of everything that flies it would of been a dream of mine to attend this inauguration.

The Air Force plans to fly four fighter jets: an F-35, an F-16, an F-22 and an F-15E. The Navy will fly four F/A-18 combat jets. The Army will fly four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The Marines will fly four V-22 Ospreys. And the Coast Guard is expected to fly four MH-65 rescue helicopters, according to a Pentagon official.

Looks like an awesome event on the cards, i hope the lefty loosies dont spoil it.
edit on 20-1-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

I think it was a nice little white lie to let Mr. Trump down easy.

I'm fairly certain our road systems can handle tanks. There are strategic contingency plans for interstates being supply lines in the event of an enemy invasion.

Then again, DC *IS* built on a swamp. The ground isn't the best there.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The original source is "a member of Trump's transition team"

Sounds familiar. Like "sources in Kremlin"

Who was the source. Seems to me Trump must not be too serious about it if the source is scared to reveal his name...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

I'm just proud our military stood up and said, "Yeah...no, you can't have a N. Korean-style military parade".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Seems to me Trump must not be too serious about it if the source is scared to reveal his name...

More likely the source did not want to admit everyone knew it was a stupid idea, except God Emperor Trump

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

My country have tanks on our parades

Usually the top half part of a fat man stuck out of the tank like if they tried really hard to tuck him in but they ran out of time.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The original source is "a member of Trump's transition team"

Sounds familiar. Like "sources in Kremlin"

Who was the source. Seems to me Trump must not be too serious about it if the source is scared to reveal his name...

Here's some more info, if you are interested.

Defense Department spokeswoman Valerie Henderson declined to comment on the request for tanks and missile launchers, referring questions to the Trump transition team. Trump advisor Boris Epshteyn told HuffPost that the presidential inaugural committee worked closely with the military “to render appropriate honors” for Trump’s swearing-in. But he directed questions about “specific aspects” of the military’s support to the Defense Department.

Link

I'd say that he must be serious for the "source" not to give his name. Why would he want to loose his job over mentioning and spoiling inauguration details?

What is this, a dictatorship? We both know Trump would fire the person if he was discovered to have spoken to the press. Are we not allowed to know anything?

Without the press -- our elected leaders would be able to get away with a lot more.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The inauguration of America's first God Emperor deserved to have tanks and yuge rockets. Very disappointed in what the military has become under Obama. Sad!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Seems to me Trump must not be too serious about it if the source is scared to reveal his name...

More likely the source did not want to admit everyone knew it was a stupid idea, except God Emperor Trump

And think about, it'd be a dumb reason to loose your job ... it's not like you gave away some bombshell, carrer-ending, whistleblowing info to the press. That would mean you might be able to be financially compensated to make up for the job loss...

And to a journalist, not revealing a deep source is valuable. They can continue to give information if they stay behind the scenes.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SirReadsAlot

Low energy parade will only have those ugly planes that crash all the time...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Least we know the size of trumps penis now......Very small

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Don't worry. In 4 years when the God Emperor is re-elected we will get the parade America deserves.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirReadsAlot
a reply to: Indigent

Don't worry. In 4 years when the God Emperor is re-elected we will get the parade America deserves.

gosh i sure hope we get to see those 10000 immortals.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I was curious about it until I read that its an anonymous source from huffingtin post.

Fake news.

Some folks will consume anything. Theres more evidence for the mandela effect than this story.
edit on 20-1-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join