It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Denied shutdown from Deploraball

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So far as I can tell, no one from the right was even invited.

This was the list of the 'cool kids' they wanted to play their game.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Come on , you can't honestly think CNN is journalism versus propaganda.

I did not say that. I think that CNN is a mix of real journalism, opinion, propaganda and entertainment. Really not much different than any other major news outlet.

They are equally one sided as foxnews and msnbc, but cnn wen't full retard with the golden shower and handing debate questions to Hillary.

I think there is a lot more context to how they reported the GS issue that many people are willing to dismiss. Did they say it was true? It was a "real" story and as far as I know they reported on it and then their team shared opinions of it.

Like I said in the OP I would have loved had they all got slapped, but atleast one of them got slapped. Its better than nothing.

So then you agree that they are the scapegoats of a much bigger problem with many, if not most, of our so-called journalistic media sources?

Alot of the issues in this country that has divided America is because of the MSM such as cnn,foxnews, and msnbc.

That's not the problem of the media. That' a problem with the people that are unable or lazy and do not take the time to put their need for confirmation bias aside and search for the facts.

But you do admit that other outlets, like Fox and MSNBC, are no better than CNN. Why are we focused on CNN? Why hasn't there been calls to kick Fox and MSNBC out of the WH press core as well? Because CNN is the scapegoat.

People have been sucked in to the propaganda and are focused where they have been told to focus.

However CNN is the leader among them as of recently, with their efforts to cause racial tension. Fake news, and political manipulation.

That entire "fake news" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. It has become the defacto response to anything people disagree with, more so for the Right Wing.

They got caught being trolled by kids on the other side of the globe feeding them fake stories for click-bait revenue and all of the sudden it has become their go-to argument to debunk anything they don't like.

In your post you put it on the average Joe to research or at least spend time confirming the media they consume. Why?

Do you perform a health inspection at the fast food drive thru you frequent? Are you in the habit of inspecting the pipes at a gas station you stop at to take a wee?

The media needs to be put in check or regulated since all we have now are only a few true speakers in the room. Now, "free press" and all that, yes. However, only the government is barred from doing that. That's why we have media watchdog groups and other people helping us out. Just like plumbers or health inspectors we have other people verify for us. We can't all be journalists.

So why, in the age of the Internet, would you care if we had more people helping with this kind of skepticism than ever before?

The Russia "election hacking" was/is fake news. People ARE being misled or forming there own incorrect opinions over this to believe poll machines were hacked.

Donald Trump doesn't like getting wee'd on. This story was the most pathetic, shameful, DIRECTLY-INFLUENTIAL, fake news story of the year.

Hilkary's server being the biggest true story, can you honestly say CNN did a good job assessing a "moral angle" in how to cover them both? Not at all!

They were covered backwards IMO. Donalds wee story should have received total rejection, while Hilkary's, having to do with ACTUAL national interests, should have been scrutinized and NOT defended.

How are they defending? By hosting guests who share this view nearly all the time.

Phuk CNN, their election tampering was atrocious.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No that is your LEFT Leaning defense mechanism kicking in to protect your home turf.

Home turf?

CNN is not a Leftist bastion of truth. They suck. That is why they are on in most airports and not homes.

I have no home turf and consider cnn,foxnews, and msnbc as entertainment and propoganda . The point I see , is that one of those shameful so called news organizations got called out and attention is being brought forward to the issue.

That's the problem. You're focused on what has been "called-out" and not the actual integrity of the news organization compared to the rest. If you did, CNN would be only a small part of the narrative.

For the rest of your post: Do you consider a good journalist one that mixes propaganda with the news story?

That's another problem. You think about what people are being told and forget to think about how people digest that information.

edit on 19-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

In your post you put it on the average Joe to research or at least spend time confirming the media theybconsume. Why?

Because that is what critical thinking should include. Fact checking is a fairly basic concept.

Do you perform a health inspection at the fast food drive thru you frequent? Are you in the habit of inspecting the pipes at a gas station you stop at to take a wee?

I don't eat fast food and I am not too concerned about where I take a piss. It is piss, after all.

The media needs to be put in check or regulated since all we have now are only a few true speakers in the room. Now, "free press" and all that, yes. However, only the government is barred from doing that. That's why we have media watchdog groups and other people helping us out. Just like plumbers or health inspectors we have other people verify for us. We can't all be journalists.

So you want others to think for you? As I said, that's just a lazy cop-out for those that can't spend the time to do their own thinking.

So why, in the age of the Internet, would you care if we had more people helping with this kind of skepticism than ever before?

Don't confuse conspiratorial lunacy for skepticism.

The Russia "election hacking" was/is fake news. People ARE being misled or forming there own incorrect opinions over this to believe poll machines were hacked.

That issue has yet to be completely resolved. Don't dismiss because of bias.

Donald Trump doesn't like getting wee'd on. This story was the most pathetic, shameful, DIRECTLY-INFLUENTIAL, fake news story of the year.

He may very well like being "wee'd on". I don't really care. Doesn't mean it's fake news.

Hilkary's server being the biggest true story, can you honestly say CNN did a good job assessing a "moral angle" in how to cover them both? Not at all!

Define "moral angle".

How are they defending? By hosting guests who share this view nearly all the time. Phuk CNN, their election tampering was atrocious.

How did they tamper with the election?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Here is CNN at Deploraball. Asking the Big questions

CNN Blitzer: "You guys only served white chocolate for desert, Why do you guys hate Black People?"

CNN Cooper: " I heard Russia Supplied the Vodka, can you confirm or deny?"

Jake Tapper: "That was a great Ricky Martin song but some terrible spanish singing along, Why do you guys think it is right to appropriate cultures?"

Then someone else asks: I was watching all the couples on the floor, but I noticed an astounding lack of interracial and SS couples. Why is your guest list so lacking in diversity?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The answer is pretty obvious:

People not inclined to celebrate the inauguration of a new president should organize a competing event to promote their own ideals.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

That would seem a reasonably good idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Anyone who defends CNN needs help! they are what is wrong with America.

Hope there first out the swamp when it gets drained 👍

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

So. Get rid of CNN and America would be great again?

How simple.
How very Trumpian.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How very Trumpian.

No pull your head out your arse and move on !

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: Phage

How very Trumpian.

No pull your head out your arse and move on !

My head is not in my ass and don't tell me what to do.

edit on 1/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Apparently more people attended the protests in NYC than this.

Heh, heh.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If you think I meant get rid of CNN and America will be great you are an idiot !
The quicker you stop playing the blame game and work together, the quicker America will be great !

So stop winging and regardless of the president, unite and get on with it instead of looking for someone to blame ! a reply to: Phage

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Whom did I blame for anything?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
If you think I meant get rid of CNN and America will be great you are an idiot !
The quicker you stop playing the blame game and work together, the quicker America will be great !

So stop winging and regardless of the president, unite and get on with it instead of looking for someone to blame ! a reply to: Phage

You like exclamation points! I can tell you're fired up!

And I hate to say it, but re-reading your post does seem (to me) to sound like you suggest getting rid of CNN would benefit and make America great. You said it's what's wrong with America.

So, by extrapolation if we remove what's wrong, we should be left with only what's right with America...

And isn't that a great thing?!

edit on 20-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
By exploration you know what I meant.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

CNN is not a Leftist bastion of truth.

Agreed , its just a Leftist bastion with little truth.

They suck.

Agreed.
So does that mean that you agree that because they mix in propaganda with their news, they not only suck but shouldn't be considered a valid news organization.

edit on 08131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 08:08:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

So far as I can tell, no one from the right was even invited.

This was the list of the 'cool kids' they wanted to play their game.

Well thats interesting about the right ? Maybe it they never requested to attend?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Didn't think you could request attendance at an invitation only event?

This was for the Clinton campaign pre-launch dinner in which the portion of the press that were to help spread the message of 'first female president' and make sure the countey knew how great she was.

The propaganda corps.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks like a ymca banned cnn as well.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join