It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Denied shutdown from Deploraball

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Killing CNN would go a very long way in helping the country. ATS taught me that years before Trump was a talking point. They have earned every ounce of hate.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

CNN is the current scapegoat

Come on , you can't honestly think CNN is journalism versus propaganda. They are equally one sided as foxnews and msnbc, but cnn wen't full retard with the golden shower and handing debate questions to Hillary.

Like I said in the OP I would have loved had they all got slapped, but atleast one of them got slapped. Its better than nothing.

Alot of the issues in this country that has divided America is because of the MSM such as cnn,foxnews, and msnbc.

However CNN is the leader among them as of recently, with their efforts to cause racial tension. Fake news, and political manipulation.

edit on 08131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 18:08:58 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Come on , you can't honestly think CNN is journalism versus propaganda.

I did not say that. I think that CNN is a mix of real journalism, opinion, propaganda and entertainment. Really not much different than any other major news outlet.

They are equally one sided as foxnews and msnbc, but cnn wen't full retard with the golden shower and handing debate questions to Hillary.

I think there is a lot more context to how they reported the GS issue that many people are willing to dismiss. Did they say it was true? It was a "real" story and as far as I know they reported on it and then their team shared opinions of it.

Like I said in the OP I would have loved had they all got slapped, but atleast one of them got slapped. Its better than nothing.

So then you agree that they are the scapegoats of a much bigger problem with many, if not most, of our so-called journalistic media sources?

Alot of the issues in this country that has divided America is because of the MSM such as cnn,foxnews, and msnbc.

That's not the problem of the media. That' a problem with the people that are unable or lazy and do not take the time to put their need for confirmation bias aside and search for the facts.

But you do admit that other outlets, like Fox and MSNBC, are no better than CNN. Why are we focused on CNN? Why hasn't there been calls to kick Fox and MSNBC out of the WH press core as well? Because CNN is the scapegoat.

People have been sucked in to the propaganda and are focused where they have been told to focus.

However CNN is the leader among them as of recently, with their efforts to cause racial tension. Fake news, and political manipulation.

That entire "fake news" nonsense is just that. Nonsense. It has become the defacto response to anything people disagree with, more so for the Right Wing.

They got caught being trolled by kids on the other side of the globe feeding them fake stories for click-bait revenue and all of the sudden it has become their go-to argument to debunk anything they don't like.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here is CNN at Deploraball. Asking the Big questions

CNN Blitzer: "You guys only served white chocolate for desert, Why do you guys hate Black People?"

CNN Cooper: " I heard Russia Supplied the Vodka, can you confirm or deny?"

Jake Tapper: "That was a great Ricky Martin song but some terrible spanish singing along, Why do you guys think it is right to appropriate cultures?"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I did not say that. I think that CNN is a mix of real journalism, opinion, propaganda and entertainment.

Well thats a problem, A BIG problem.

You can't run a valid news organization with propaganda thrown in the mix. You are either one or the other, but you can't be both.

So then you agree that they are the scapegoats of a much bigger problem with many, if not most, of our so-called journalistic media sources?

No they are not the scapegoats, they ARE PART of the problem and have contributed to the problem. They are not innocent nor have clean hands.

That entire "fake news" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

Well who started and ran with that whole Fake news thing, well until it bit them in the face.

all of the sudden it has become their go-to argument to debunk anything they don't like.

It wasn't all the sudden and has been going on for long time, its just now that the masses are more aware of it.

edit on 12131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 19:12:21 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
CNN and the media have been complicit with many staged events, Pallywood comes to mind,there is an infamous shot of two Palestinian kids throwing rocks at Israeli soldiers,but what you dont see is the shot of about 30 media outlets cameramen filming that shot,no media no protest.If CNN doesn't show up then the people throwing fecal matter and red paint dont show up either.Its a smart move not having them there.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

CNN Blitzer: "You guys only served white chocolate for desert, Why do you guys hate Black People?"

Jake Tapper: "That was a great Ricky Martin song but some terrible spanish singing along, Why do you guys think it is right to appropriate cultures?"

Hahahaha , and sadly so close to reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I was under the impression that CNN wasn't the only group that has been a bit loose with their reporting.

You would be right about that, but I like the fact that atleast one is being called out.

Especially one that appears to have Exceeded Full retard levels as of recent.

We have a big issue with our so called News organizations and the more they are exposed the better we are.

edit on 13131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 19:13:16 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well thats a problem. You can't run a valid news organization with propaganda thrown in the mix. You are either one or the other but you can't be both.

Then why the focus on CNN? That means most, if not all, of the major new outlets are trash.

No they are not the scapegoats, they ARE PART of the problem and have contributed to the problem. They are not innocent nor have clean hands.

But they are playing the role of "fall guy". By definition, they are the scapegoat.

Well who started and ran with that whole Fake news thing, well until it bit them in the face.

Who started it?

We are not children here. Let's find a better argument that I can respond to.

It wasn't all the sudden and has been going on for long time, its just now that the masses are more aware of it.

The "fake news" argument is new and only gained traction after it was found that the Right Wing was being duped by kids on the other side of the globe.

It's a defense mechanism response...plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
it doesn`t matter why CNN wasn`t invited, it`s a private event the media doesn`t have a constitutional right to be at private events to report on them. being invited to a private event is a privilege and you have to earn privileges.

The people sponsoring the private event don`t have to give you or CNN or anybody else a reason for not inviting CNN.
this PC nonsense where everyone has to be invited and included is childish and unrealistic.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I was under the impression that CNN wasn't the only group that has been a bit loose with their reporting.

You would be right about that, but I like the fact that atleast one is being called out.

Especially one that appears to have Exceeded Full retard levels as of recent.

We have a big issue with our so called News organizations and the more they are exposed the better we are.

It's important to call more out. I don't want to see other orgs getting a pass because it makes them seem more legit in many eyes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Hahahaha , and sadly so close to reality.

We're gonna lose jellyrev to the Salty Tear Writer's Guild if he keeps that up. They'll consider it audition material.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It's important to call more out. I don't want to see other orgs getting a pass because it makes them seem more legit in many eyes.

Absolutely, but atleast calling one out is bringing attention to the issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Absolutely, but atleast calling one out is bringing attention to the issue.

Yep, a start. I hope it doesn't suffer the 3 or 4 days of news and goes away.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Then why the focus on CNN? That means most, if not all, of the major new outlets are trash.

Who is saying they aren't?

So your butthurt is not that CNN isn't a valid news organization but that your team is being called out?

But they are playing the role of "fall guy". By definition, they are the scapegoat.

The bottom line is that they are guilty of it , they took a chance, and they got called out. No different then CNN trying to create and expose the alt right news for it. They just weren't as successful in doing it. Partly because they were throwing rocks from their glass house , and they threw the first big rock.

Let's find a better argument that I can respond to.

Such as you admitting that CNN mixes propaganda in their news organization, but are so left leaning that instead of acknowledging that CNN is not a valid news organization, you use the tired argument that everybody else is doing it?

So lets set that argument straight.
Forget about the others, do you think a valid News organization such as CNN should mix propaganda into their organization?

The "fake news" argument is new and only gained traction after it was found that the Right Wing was being duped by kids on the other side of the globe.

Might be new to you , but I think most of ATS members have certainly been aware of Fake news for a long time.

edit on 20131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 20:20:19 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Who is saying they aren't?

That's not the point. The point is why are people focusing on CNN.

The bottom line is that they are guilty of it , they took a chance, and they got called out. No different then CNN trying to create and expose the alt right news for it. They just weren't as successful in doing it partly because they were throwing rocks from their glass building .

They were unsuccessful because the "alt-right" has different standards and CNN became the focus when they were told to focus on CNN. Otherwise, they are not much different than any other news organization.

Such as you admitting that CNN mixes propaganda in their news organization, but are so left leaning that instead of acknowledging that CNN is not a valid valid news organization, you use the tired argument that everybody else is doing it?

CNN does report factual news, as does many other outlets, but it does have it's bias. What you are doing is making excuses for those that are intellectually lazy.

So lets set that argument straight. Forget about the others, do you think a valid News organization such as CNN should mix propaganda into their organization?

Freedom of the press. Let them do what they wish, but at least you consider them "valid". That's a start.

Might be new to you , but I think most of ATS members have certainly been aware of Fake news for a long time.

A logical fallacy. Not sure why I should care about such things.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That's not the point. The point is why are people focusing on CNN.

No that is your LEFT Leaning defense mechanism kicking in to protect your home turf.

I have no home turf and consider cnn,foxnews, and msnbc as entertainment and propoganda . The point I see , is that one of those shameful so called news organizations got called out and attention is being brought forward to the issue.

For the rest of your post:
Do you consider a good journalist one that mixes propaganda with the news story?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Many were outed in the process.

As part of the Podesta portion of the Wikileaks, the following guest list was included:

REPORTER RSVPs
YES
1. ABC - Cecilia Vega
2. ABC - David Muir
3. ABC – Diane Sawyer
4. ABC – George Stephanoplous
5. ABC - Jon Karl
6. Bloomberg – John Heillman
7. Bloomberg – Mark Halperin
8. CBS - Norah O'Donnell
9. CBS - Vicki Gordon
10. CNN - Brianna Keilar
11. CNN - David Chalian
12. CNN – Gloria Borger
13. CNN - Jeff Zeleny
14. CNN – John Berman
15. CNN – Kate Bouldan
16. CNN - Mark Preston
17. CNN - Sam Feist
18. Daily Beast - Jackie Kucinich
19. GPG - Mike Feldman
20. Huffington Post - Whitney Snyder
21. MORE - Betsy Fisher Martin
22. MSNBC – Alex Wagner
23. MSNBC - Beth Fouhy
24. MSNBC - Phil Griffin
25. MSNBC – Rachel Maddow (TBD)
26. MSNBC – Rachel Racusen
27. NBC – Savannah Gutherie
28. New Yorker - Ryan Liza
29. NYT – Amy Chozik
30. NYT - Gail Collins
31. NYT - Jonathan Martin
32. NYT – Maggie Haberman
33. NYT – Pat Healey
34. PEOPLE - Sandra Sobieraj Westfall
35. POLITICO – Glenn Thrush
36. POLITICO - Mike Allen
37. VICE - Alyssa Mastramonoco
38. VOX - Jon Allen

UNKNOWN
1. Bloomberg/MSNBC – Jonathan Alter
2. Buzzfeed – Ben Smith
3. CBS - Gayle King
4. CBS - John Dickerson
5. MSNBC – Ed Schultz
6. MSNBC - Joe Scarborough
7. New Yorker - David Remnick
8. Tina Brown
9. UNIVISION - Maria-Elena Salinas
10. YAHOO - Matt Bai

DECLINED
1. CNN - Jake Taper
2. CNN - Jeff Zucker
3. Huffington Post – Arianna Huffington
4. Huffington Post - Sam Stein
5. NBC - Chuck Todd
6. NYT - Carolyn Ryan
7. CNN – Erin Burnett
8. NPR - Mike Oreskes
9. MSNBC - Mika Brzezinski
10. MSNBC – Thomas Roberts
11. MSNBC - Andrea Mitchell
12. NY Post – Geofe Earl

HRC TEAM RSVP (14)
1. John Podesta
2. Robby Mook
3. Huma Abedin
4. Marlon Marshall
5. Amanda Renteria
6. Jennifer Palmieri
7. Kristina Schake
8. Jesse Ferguson
9. Nick Merrill
10. Karen Finney
11. Jim Margolis
12. Joel Benenson
13. John Anzalone
14. Mandy Grunwald

This was their "get everyone one the bus," meeting where they were told how they were going to sell the Hillary campaign.

And I agree, CNN has made me make 'the look' more than once.

What we are seeing is the shady CIA (and likely other 3 letter agencies) activities in the manipulation of public opinion.

For anyone unaware, look at Mika's (9. MSNBC) dad...

edit on 19-1-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The so called protesters..
A little kid just lit a fire and the woman who organized the protest is either drunk or stupid.
Either way she didn't use her words very well on live TV.

Unbelievable...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Interesting, but where is foxnews on that list?

To be fair the declined list are all left leaning. I understand its a private affair for the right, but I would have liked to have seen some right leaning ones on the deny list as well.

Regardless, I still like the fact that this issue is being brought to the forefront.

Although, I do have room at my house for Erin Burnett to watch the live stream

edit on 45131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 20:45:30 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join