It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people's voice was not heard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: watchitburn

Where is your proof that illegals were the cause for Hillary's popular vote win? Or is that just pure conjecture on your part?

Where is your proof that it wasn't rigged with illegal immigrants? Or how 'bout where's your proof it was rigged in Trump's favour, since you want ask that question and claim everyone who doesn't agree with you has cognitive bias? Funny how demanding proof, when you offered none, can come back and bite you in the ass ;-)

Sounds more like a rant to me lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I lost regardless of who won. Like I said I had no dog in this race.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The burden of proof is on the one saying it was more than what it seemed. I could just as easily say the election was rigged in Trump's favor and I'd have just as strong a case as you.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Have you not read through the thread? I've already said that my beef isn't with the electoral college, it is with Trump supporters repeating over and over that the American people won when the American people favored Hillary over Trump.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

So you're saying that 61,201,031 American citizens that voted for Trump are not American people?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
You lost.

Get over it.

Try again in 4 years and next put a candidate up that is electable!

He has a point mate, imagine if a political party here got into power with less votes

Trump won by their system but it was dirty campaign full of false rumours and FBI ignoring the Trump Russian connections they were given and instead pointed the spotlight on Hillary

Chants of lock her up and Donald calling her crooked Hillary

Anyway Trump won but he lost the popular vote,not the 1st time this has gone down and certainly won't be the last time either

Hopefully he surprises everyone and really does put country in front of his brand Trump building

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think youre talking about how Mexico in collusion with the DNC bused in illegals to hijack the election votes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The 3 million extra votes came from cali and ny which hilary won and got a boat load of electoral votes for, cali being the biggest pot you can win. I scored the most points in my fantasy football league but did not win the league. Its not complicated.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Trump lost the popular vote by 2+ million votes so how can Trump supporters honestly say that the American people were heard when he had less Americans vote for him than Hillary? Why is this fact completely ignored or blown off by his supporters? If the people's voice really was heard then Hillary would be getting inaugurated tomorrow, not Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Hillary anymore than Trump but it's so annoying hearing people say the American people won when that clearly isn't the case when you look at the numbers.

Trump supporters were crying about a rigged election all the way up until he was announced the winner by way of the electoral college. Why couldn't it have been rigged in Trump's favor? Because he was your guy? That's not very logical and reeks of cognitive dissonance and bias.

So again, how were the people's voices heard when more people voted for the loser than the winner? Stop saying that the American people were heard because the popular vote says otherwise.

CA's receives credit for it's population through the 55 electoral votes it receives which is the most of any state. We do not elect the President through direct popular vote. The needs of CA are different from those in other parts of the country hence why we have an electoral college so that smaller and less populous states needs are not ignored.

The rules for the election are clear.

Your complaint is like saying a football team that loses a game 7-0 technically won because they had more yardage but failed to score.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
if hillary won the electoral vote and trump won the popular....would you still be whining? my guess is no

did you whine when gore lost the electoral vote by won the popular vote? my guess is no

im not a fan of trump, but that is the way the election process works

plus, she won the popular b/c of cali... without cali trump would have the popular by 1.4 million
edit on 19-1-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2017 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Because apparently California isn't a part of the United States anymore. I dunno. Trump supporter rhetoric rarely makes sense to me.

California, and New York, aren't the entirety of the United States.

FTFY

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Non-Americans dont get this...but even in a landslide either way by the people...its the Electoral College that gets a President into office. A few hundred electors representing millions and millions of Americans.

Surely they should follow their home states popular vote results by their people...but Presidential elections dont work that way...

As we can see.....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This is a population density map:

This map shows voting concentrations:

You keep posting the map that makes you feel good though.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It does make me feel good. Checks and balances against the tyranny of the majority are always a good thing

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I truly wish this temper tantrum by all the Liberals would stop....

Maybe we should also take away all the votes from illegal citizens.. I believe the number neared 3 million, and I'm sure they didn't vote for Trump..

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Velcome to Amerika.

LOL, had to double take on that one.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I truly wish this temper tantrum by all the Liberals would stop....

Maybe we should also take away all the votes from illegal citizens.. I believe the number neared 3 million, and I'm sure they didn't vote for Trump..

Where is the maybe here?
Illegal immigrants are NOT citizens and should have no say in policy making, period.

Become a citizen or stop meddling.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is a population density map:

This map shows voting concentrations:

You keep posting the map that makes you feel good though.

Population density doesn't elect the President and thus irrelevant. Population is accounted for with the electoral college votes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Actually, the American voice was heard loud and clear. The Majority didn't vote. They didn't give a rats ass, thus, Hillary was beaten soundly by the electorate.

But hey , let's just keep on with our left and right minority squabbling. It's fun and passes the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Because apparently California isn't a part of the United States anymore. I dunno. Trump supporter rhetoric rarely makes sense to me.

California, and New York, aren't the entirety of the United States.

FTFY

And people voted Democrat in more states than CA and NY. So what are you fixing besides trying to paint a narrative that Democrats only exist in two states?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join