It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Ventura scene missing mandela

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
What I am telling you is I have a DVD of ace Ventura. Two months ago I watched it, it had the scene where he acts like the German dolphin trainer. Now that scene doesn't happen. So while you all think you have an explanation, you don't. So stop insulting me by telling me I don't know what m.e. is.

I had good explanations,

another could be, you have a scratch on your DVD and that scene just gets skipped.

So stop insulting me by telling me I don't know what m.e. is.

I asked how is this a Mandela effect, can you explain or is such a question too insulting to address?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

What I am telling you is I have a DVD of ace Ventura. Two months ago I watched it, it had the scene where he acts like the German dolphin trainer. Now that scene doesn't happen. So while you all think you have an explanation, you don't. So stop insulting me by telling me I don't know what m.e. is.

I had good explanations,

another could be, you have a scratch on your DVD and that scene just gets skipped.

So stop insulting me by telling me I don't know what m.e. is.

I asked how is this a Mandela effect, can you explain or is such a question too insulting to address?

no it's frustrating as hell to be told. Mandela is not just mismemory. It's knowing or remembering something differently, but there is scarce to no evidence of what's remembered, if there is it's called residue. With the news of human body changes, earth being in a different location, people include things like strange anomalies caught on camera to mandela also.

The DVD is not scratched, it's Mandela to me because the scene is just gone, like an old Ford logo. Somebody could have snuck in an switched versions, that would be a "logical" way of looking at it. But that didn't happen. The object physically warped, changed somehow to be different than the copy I had 2 months ago when I watched it last. I just want to find out about other copies, if they changed too.
edit on 23-1-2017 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Again and again you show you do not understand how the ME works...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Again and again you show you do not understand how the ME works...
then you explain it and stop insulting my intelligence.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The premise of the ME is that EVERYTHING changes. Not just your one copy, EVERY copy. To the point where there is ZERO physicle evidence to back up the ME. The whole thing was started as a joke, you know that right?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

then you explain it and stop insulting my intelligence.

The basic premise is that a bunch of people need to be absolutely certain that something was as they remember it, despite there being no proof of it being that way existing anywhere. I don't know why it's the Mandella Effect because more people seem, like me, to remember the Berenstein Bears than believe Mandella died in jail....

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The premise of the ME is that EVERYTHING changes. Not just your one copy, EVERY copy. To the point where there is ZERO physicle evidence to back up the ME. The whole thing was started as a joke, you know that right?
no it was not started as a joke, I've never read that anywhere, if you can link it I'll check it out. And yes that's why I'm asking people who remember that scene to check their copies of ace Ventura to see if there has been a detectable change.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

[that's why I'm asking people who remember that scene to check their copies of ace Ventura to see if there has been a detectable change.

What raymundoko is getting at is the fact this scene is on Youtube and on some copies of the DVD/VHS means it isn't M.E. now, if you'd asked that question and people came back saying they couldn't find it online or they had seen that scene but it's not on their copy anymore, then you know it is Mandella Effect...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

[that's why I'm asking people who remember that scene to check their copies of ace Ventura to see if there has been a detectable change.

What raymundoko is getting at is the fact this scene is on Youtube and on some copies of the DVD/VHS means it isn't M.E. now, if you'd asked that question and people came back saying they couldn't find it online or they had seen that scene but it's not on their copy anymore, then you know it is Mandella Effect...
fine, I won't refer to this as Mandela effect, but rather a very strange event.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It absolutely was started as a joke.

Here isa good explanation:

www.snopes.com...
edit on 23-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It absolutely was started as a joke.

Here isa good explanation:

www.snopes.com...
the thing about Mandela dying, my buddy a man versed in history, Greek, biblical history and more remembers him dying in the 80 or 90s, I trust this guy's memory. So Mandela is not a joke, and there is more going on than just misremembering. If you want to think that your free to, but I'm fully convinced that something like 2 different realities have merged and still are.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What does being well versed have to do with remembering something wrong or being tricked? ANd yes, it WAS started as a joke on the internet so a guy could explain away his false memory. It has been well documented in these threads where it started. The guy who started it even did a follow up blog saying he only ever meant it as a joke and didn't know people would take it so seriously.

Also, which is it, the 80's or the 90's??

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Information below the Video:

NOTE: This scene was included as a bonus scene on some releases, it is NOT part of the original theatrical cut!

The video was posted 8 years ago. I found it by searching for 'Ace Ventura Deleted Scenes", it was the first hit.

EDIT: Just found this on IMDB

Original Theatrical Release during the scene when Ace inspects Snowflakes tank, he only sneaks out and finds the missing stone from Finkle's ring. In the home video version, he jumps out and prentends to be Hans, the Dolphin Trainer. The HBO version shows the Theatrical Version.

Many scenes added in the T.V. version which are missing in the home video version add missing essential story elements, making the rest of the picture more understandable.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I had the home video version, appears to have changed. I KNOW I had that scene, so does a good friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It appears you were wrong though, as your copy does not have that scene. Do you explain away all your mistakes on something else? May I ask what year you were born?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It appears you were wrong though, as your copy does not have that scene. Do you explain away all your mistakes on something else? May I ask what year you were born?
this was verified by a friend. I'm not wrong, and your pushing on me that your right, doesn't make you right.
I believe reality shifted, and still is.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

All that means is that two people have made the same mistake...you are using a logical fallacy. I also don't have to prove myself right, your (different from you're) DVD copy proves you wrong. Again, may I ask what year you were born.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

All that means is that two people have made the same mistake...you are using a logical fallacy. I also don't have to prove myself right, your (different from you're) DVD copy proves you wrong. Again, may I ask what year you were born.
1902..I'm ceasing participation on this thread as trolls give me unnecessary stress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join