It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Ventura scene missing mandela

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: djz3ro

YOU guys said it FIRST not the uppidy colonies...

That is true, Sir Davy who discovered.it was Cornish, he got the honour (as opposed.to honor
) of naming it and he settled on Aluminium, so it's not us that pronounce it wrong ha ha

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I believe it is supposed to be a german accent. He did a similar stand up routine.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't believe in the Mandela effect, BUT that quote from forest gump "life was like a box of chocolates" just does not sound right now.Hmmm

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I def remember the Star Trek impersonations but only part of the German trainer

Either way it seems it's no mandela

Funny movie , Carey is great!
Enjoyed the clips

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I believe it is supposed to be a german accent. He did a similar stand up routine.

After a bit of Googling it seems we're all wrong, it seems he was doing an Austrian accent, to be honest I've only seen that scene a handful of times and not since the '90's, I may watch it tonight now, it is a really funny film...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Nice find. I watched it last night with the wife and kids. My 5 year old wouldn't stop laughing at some of the parts.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

The fact copies of it exist with the scene, and that the scene is on YouTube negates this being a Mandella Effect anyway. The OP consistently shows they don't understand how the ME works.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

There's no such thing as ME, just lazy and forgetful people who don't bother to do any research.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The fact copies of it exist with the scene, and that the scene is on YouTube negates this being a Mandella Effect anyway. The OP consistently shows they don't understand how the ME works.
I'm telling you that this specific copy HAD that scene, it's not a mismemory. My friend and I together did a double take about it missing.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes, of all the copies in the universe which were changed, it just so happened to be only yours...you don't understand how the ME works.
edit on 19-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm currently watching my DVD

When did you get the DVD?

my friend here was surprised too. He's watched it here before and there's always been the scene where he pretends to be the trainer.

Is the DVD the only copy of the movie you have?

I'm telling you that this specific copy HAD that scene

OK,

How does that make a Mandela effect?

Couldn't it simply a ghost in your house has replaced your DVD with a version of the film that doesn't have that scene?

Couldn't it simply be a accidental manipulation of the matrix, someone outside the matrix with an administrator access was watching the green letters trickle down the screen, the particular part of the matrix they were viewing was where you have your DVD and they accidentally hit the delete key for a second and deleted that part of the movie on your copy?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stealthyaroura
I don't believe in the Mandela effect, BUT that quote from forest gump "life was like a box of chocolates" just does not sound right now.Hmmm

It doesn't sound right because it isn't right, it's "Life is like a box of chocolates"

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That's the correct way to say it yes, but the famous line from the movie is WAS like. In an outtake Tom Hanks said it correctly because he corrected it himself, and it got re-shot to fix his correction.

His mother however never said such a thing. She said life IS a box. She never says "like".

2:25ish in the following clip:

edit on 19-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: stealthyaroura

It doesn't sound right because it isn't right, it's "Life is like a box of chocolates"

exactly! but as raymundoko states, hanks re shot the scene, or something like that?
it's still a little confusing to me. I’m speaking of when hanks is sat on the park bench and says those famous words.
When I heard this Mandela item I looked on youtube and could not believe my ears when he said "was" and not "is"!
confusing eh.
Then there is C3P0 with a silver leg in star wars? I don't recall that (I also thought the gold droid was R2D2) but i'm no expert on star wars.

edit on 19/1/2017 by stealthyaroura because: add

edit on 19/1/2017 by stealthyaroura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That's the correct way to say it yes, but the famous line from the movie is WAS like. In an outtake Tom Hanks said it correctly because he corrected it himself, and it got re-shot to fix his correction.

His mother however never said such a thing. She said life IS a box. She never says "like".

2:25ish in the following clip:

Hmm, didn't know that one, now i have, interesting

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You are right, he says "to train Ze dolphin.........."

Which is supposed to sound German, not Russian. I am pretty sure any way.
edit on 19-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

Nobody is disputing you are being truthful
I'm telling you that this specific copy HAD that scene, it's not a mismemory. My friend and I together did a double take about it missing.

It's not really uncommon for different versions of a movie to be distributed or broadcast in various locations.

Others here have shown these were deleted scenes which explains why they can't be found in other copies. So it's no mandela effect .

The Mandela effect is when many will agree it was the way they all remember, yet No trace of it can now be found. It was found!

edit on 19-1-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

German because his name was Heinz

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What I am telling you is I have a DVD of ace Ventura. Two months ago I watched it, it had the scene where he acts like the German dolphin trainer. Now that scene doesn't happen. So while you all think you have an explanation, you don't. So stop insulting me by telling me I don't know what m.e. is.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You don't. If it was removed it doesn't get removed on just your one copy, it gets removed on ALL copies.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join