It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Ventura scene missing mandela

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ace ventura dolphin scene

The above was posted in 2010. I'm currently watching my DVD, I've seen this scene Everytime. It's where ace pretends to be the dolphins trainer. It's not there anymore. I have a friend over and we both noticed it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Did you buy a bootleg copy?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's not where anymore? TV? Networks edit shows to fit in a time frame, so that scene may be cut. Many movies don't look the same on TV for that reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No Mandela Effect, simply a scene that wasn't on some versions. Over here in the UK we didn't get the Russian Dolphin Trainer scene but a friend of mine had a US copy and it was on that one.

link   
From IMDB...

The entire scene where Ace Ventura claims to be expert dolphin trainer Heinz Getwellvet was originally cut out of the theatrical release. It was added back in when the movie was released on videotape in June 1994, and was advertised as "additional footage not seen in theaters".

edit on 18/1/17 by djz3ro because: I double posted but used the second post to provide a quote...

link   

Comments on Youtube indicate they deleted that scene off the DVD (perhaps because some German people complained about the impersonation/fake accent)

Not mandela effect, sorry

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
ace ventura dolphin scene

The above was posted in 2010. I'm currently watching my DVD, I've seen this scene Everytime. It's where ace pretends to be the dolphins trainer. It's not there anymore. I have a friend over and we both noticed it.

That was always an extra scene. Not part of theatrical cut.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Just was reading that the original movie release did not have it either but included in vhs release (director cut)?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Comments on Youtube indicate they deleted that scene off the DVD (perhaps because some German people complained about the impersonation/fake accent)

Why would Germans have a problem with Carey's fake Russian accent?

link   

One of my favorite scenes, from one of my all time favorite movies.....

I got excited for a sec. If this was a legitimate ME I would have been tripping out.

link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Has there ever been a logical reason that for that, you know of?
I have A LOT of Japanese anime and Godzilla stuff like that which is a cultural bias (I think) but YOU speak the same language and say aluminum strangely.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's always been on my copy, I've watched it a ton. It's not bootleg. I promise I've seen it on my copy before.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And see how easy it is to figure out the obvious non Mandela items?

This isnt Mandela... But there are a lot of other items with FAR more discrepancies

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This is actually a deleted scene as it was considered inflammatory to ze germans. It isn't on most copies of the DVD except for the Directors Cut. Here is a video of all the deleted scenes which were included in the DC.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oh, you promise...that changes everything...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Oh, you promise...that changes everything...
my friend here was surprised too. He's watched it here before and there's always been the scene where he pretends to be the trainer.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Any reason to watch it again is a good reason.
I'll tell wifey it's for "research".

edit on 18-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Why would Germans have a problem with Carey's fake Russian accent?

I'm just explaining what the comments on the Youtube video said

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Has there ever been a logical reason that for that, you know of?
I have A LOT of Japanese anime and Godzilla stuff like that which is a cultural bias (I think) but YOU speak the same language and say aluminum strangely.

I've never looked into it to be honest, like thesaneone said, probably a directors cut, a bit like The Butterfly Effect, best ending was the one at the cinema, i've only seen the Director's Cut in the shops and I don't want to watch that one again.

Aluminum? If you spell it that way, it does sound a bit strange the way we say it, Wikipedia says Aluminium and, interestingly my phone's Auto-correct has both spellings. So, having looked into it I found this, it seems like Colour/Color, Ageing/Aging and all that jazz.

Going back to Aluminium, originally it was Alumium before Davy changed it to Aluminum 5 years later and then finally settled on Aluminium....
edit on 18/1/17 by djz3ro because: I got thesaneone's username wrong, feeling

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

YOU guys said it FIRST not the uppidy colonies...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join