It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is going to eat their pet(s) if they die?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If your a natural farmer your livestock is still consider as pet(s) unless you work as farm factories..

Anyways, I keep telling my rabbit that I'll eat him if he dies. Bunny is more cautious around carnivores now.

edit on 17-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Geez... thought of a cat or dog getting eaten for a second and was freaked out by the thought.

To each their own I guess... I am shocked to find what is common in diets throughout the world...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
Geez... thought of a cat or dog getting eaten for a second and was freaked out by the thought.

To each their own I guess... I am shocked to find what is common in diets throughout the world...

Asians eat dogs and cats. Korea and Vietnam too. Nothing go to waste. Just like how people eat bears. It is part of the natural selection in this planet. You either eat the carnivores or they eat you. Imagine dogs allowed to live in masses like us. They would so hunt us in wolf packs.
edit on 17-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Whatever happens, even in dire circumstances, you would be wise to stay away from eating humans though.

Unless you don't mind getting this f'd up disease
When People Ate People, A Strange Disease Emerged

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure our cute cats will be eating us if we don't feed them. I got one laying on my chest right now, if she is hungry the claws seem to pop out and I get holes in my shoulder. Just a warning from the cats that think they are Egyptian kings and queens.

I only eat vegetarians anyway.
edit on 17-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Asians eat dogs and cats. Korea and Vietnam too. Nothing go to waste. Just like how people eat bears. It is part of the natural selection in this planet. You either eat the carnivores or they eat you. Imagine dogs allowed to live in masses like us. They would so hunt us in wolf packs.
Asians eat anything and everything. If it moves or not, it goes on a plate.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No...

I may come eat YOUR pets if I had to but, not my own.

I'm perfectly content not eating meat.

Of course, I've gotten stuck with a bream and I forget to feed him (her?) all of the time so, it may come to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We have a lil hamster, so no.
Not worth the trouble.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Whatever happens, even in dire circumstances, you would be wise to stay away from eating humans though.

Unless you don't mind getting this f'd up disease
When People Ate People, A Strange Disease Emerged

It can't get worst than Mafias/Triads killing people and send them in meat packages.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Once I seen that people eat their pet ducks at odd stages in their life as seen in this attached video, I pretty much seen that some have no limits or limits beyond anything I would approach. That's what keeps me at peace... I only have to worry about what I eat.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

As long as you avoid the brain, spine and bone marrow you should be ok; I heard the calf is the best part

link   

I don't eat rodents.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
We have a lil hamster, so no.
Not worth the trouble.

Your going to feed it to something else I guess.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We used to raise cattle. Nothing but a thing to slaughter one and put it in the freezer.

The dog? Nuh-uh.

I don't know where the line is.

And, oh, if the cow dropped over dead ... ... I ain't eatin' none of that!!

edit on 1712017 by Snarl because: last thought

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I don't eat rodents.

No rat burgers?

ca.ign.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is a pretty morbid thread I think. Who in there right mind would eat a member of their own family? Starving or not. I consider a pet to be someone (a family member of the four legged kind) who lives in the house with you, that you take care of like one of the kids, and not a farm animal like the OP stated. I would like to see a source where farm stock is considered a pet if you are a natural farmer, or I call b.s. I was raised 1/2 my life on a natural farm, and the pets and livestock were very much not the same thing. Bottom line, if you can eat your pet (family member) on a whim like that, you need help, plain and simple.......

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just happen to know someone who worked in my office, who had a pet lamb, (here, that means a lamb that the mother isn't feeding) it was brought into the office at times fed and watered, and was certainly a novelty for us...but anyway, as you probably have guessed, it did end up as that someone's dindins. I freaked out at the time when I first heard, but I guess it's more about my ambivalence to the subject, rather than the other person. Stil??

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Not just asians...
White folks eat dogs and cats, too.
I think it was the Swiss government that made public service announcements about not eating anyone else's pets during the holidays, because that's what some people in backwoods Switzerland do to a degree enough to merit a freaking public service announcement for the whole country!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If your a natural farmer your livestock is still consider as pet(s) unless you work as farm factories..

Anyways, I keep telling my rabbit that I'll eat him if he dies. Bunny is more cautious around carnivores now.

You have got to share DNA with my in-laws! lol!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Eating a dead pet, if they just died for no apparent reason, isn't very safe. That is considering you don't know the cause of death. SHTF situation might be a bit different in consideration. Then again won't be me doing that due to diet preferences, even if it was my preference I find it a bit disturbing, one reason why some of the prepper show guests ticked me off. Namely the ones who would kill their dog or cat to eat, rabbit can be a different situation for some, in a said desperate attempt for food(apparently no hunting options instead for some city inhabitants).
edit on 17-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join