It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human interaction stuff that makes you smile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: beansidhe

Haha I've laughed at that since my silly thread above!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That's where I first laid eyes on it's woolly perfection. (I forgot to flag that earlier, due to illness).

But there you go, you never know what tiny interaction will affect someone else and so you're right, we should all strive to interact kindly more often.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Kindly is a beautiful word

...and I'd love to read the stories of anyone else, no matter how seemingly insignificant as a story

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What a lovely thread.
I get the biggest smile, when I run into one of my sons friends somewhere. They are all older now, but it doesn't seem to matter if it is the middle of a grocery store, the bank, or the gas station, they always stop and give me a hug. Even the "Troubled" boys.

Warms an old ladies heart.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Ah I know what you mean!
I love bumping into my son's mates especially the ones I know from nursery/kindergarden

....I feel safe as houses lol
edit on 19.1.2017 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Human interaction stuff that makes you smile

̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶..........oh wait

i mean when i fed those tramps....
edit on 19-1-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

It's tragic that some people are actually like that

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

seeing kids outsmart their parents
priceless....

don't cry for me....

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't know what you mean and I'm not crying for you.
I'm curious about what you mean in detail regarding tramps though, your nomenclature is telling.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

your nomenclature is telling.

i'm having some fun ?

it's a joke in bad taste ?

i'm actually very dangerous ?

take your pick...

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Okay, I hope joking.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I just caught the shop for beer before I had to walk further to the nearest 24 hour shop.
New girl working there, maybe 15 years younger than me, big genuine smile, asked how my day was, I replied with a smile and enjoyed a few seconds of chit chat conversation.

Made the purchase, she put my change in my hand and then cupped it from below with her other hand, softly stroking my knuckles as we let go.
Our eyes smiled at each other and I wished her a beautiful night when it ends.

Earlier on today I had some guy swearing angrily at me while I was working, then he later apologised and offered me his hand to shake, to which I held with my other hand as well and genuinely made friends after he'd explained his head space.
That made me smile as well

Share your smiles here if you like, I can't guarantee my thread management tonight but I'd love to smile at your stories.

Well...I can't believe this is from the same person who has been replying to me in another thread.

You see, this is my point..."...but I'd love to smile at your stories."
The members who write in The Shed threads usually make me smile. (and feel less alone)

Human interaction isn't always possible for me.
I have a permanent back injury (due to domestic violence) and there are many times when I'm laid up in pain for weeks at a time, unable to go out and receive any human interaction. (hubby works 14-16 hours/day often)

I come online and socialize with people because I have no family alive, my grown kids all live out of town...and while I care-take others when I can, nobody comes to visit me when I'm stuck in bed.

I was surprised at your opinions of the Shed threads and it's members.
You (and everyone) would always be welcomed warmly if you chose to say "hi".
jacy

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

A builder I know built wheel-chair access ramps, laid garden paths and fitted widened front and rear doors for a family whose son has Duchenne's muscular dystrophy. The neighbours had raised money to help with the costs and he did it all for the price of materials.

He asked them to keep it to themselves too. Top guy and great community spirit from the neighbours.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: jacygirl

I refer you to the appropriate thread above to avoid cross pollination of debate.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Nice, and similar stories in my neck of the woods.
I think most of us care about our fellow humans, and although people on ATS often criticise facebook I'm in a fantastic local group where people offer items or services free when others ask.
Digital media can certainly enhance the real world community.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's like the uncharted waters of humanity. People are doing the decent thing every minute of every day and keeping it to themselves.

Digital media can certainly enhance the real world community.

Maybe it's time for a few brags? I've been moved more than once by people's acts of kindness to do something similar. Pay it forward etc. Lead by example.

The oldest example I know of is a crippled old Neanderthal who was buried with flowers in his 40s. There's an implied tenderness in the act and he would have been a weight to bear when alive.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You got a link to the neanderthal story?
Sounds lovely that pretty things were buried with someone all that time again.
I'd be interested in reading more.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hold on a moment

ETA - Ooh. Turns out I mixed up the burials! Shanidar caves are the location of Neanderthal burials. It was Shanidar #4 who was arguably buried with the flowers. Shanidar #1 was the ~40s guy in bad condition.

It still supports the point about ancient people being kind (or compassionate) to others. I totally failed on the flowers angle.

edit on 3.19.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Nice thought though, I wouldn't be surprised if neanderthal people buried their dead with flowers.
They are nature's beauty.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Here's a non sequitur anecdote...

A long while ago there was a tall old woman (80+) I saw who looked lost and anxious. I pulled over and asked what was up? Turned out she'd lost her bearings and, to cut a long story short, I gave her a lift to the nearest bus station a few miles away.

It became an experience that I won't forget. She had loads of stories about growing up in the area. As we approached her town, she mentioned a song from her childhood and said I wouldn't know it. It was 'Show Me the Way to Go Home' which we all know from Jaws. We started singing it at the top of our voices.

It was so surreal. She got out at the bus station and I felt like I'd been in one of those phantom hitchhiker legends. Goosebumps. All she left was the memory and some dried grave flowers on the passenger seat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join