It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe Russian hate is all about oil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As many of you may know Saudi Arabia is very tight with the United States. Very, very tight.

Saudi Arabia is the largest producer of oil in the world.

Saudi Arabia has almost one-fifth of the world’s proven oil reserves and ranks as the largest producer and exporter of oil in the world.

Top 10 Countries With The World’s Biggest Oil Reserves

Guess who is the second largest producer?

Despite ranking only 8th in region for the world's largest oil reserves, Russia is the second largest producer of oil in the world.

Russia, which also holds the world’s largest natural gas reserves and the second-largest coal reserves, is the second biggest oil supplier in the world after Saudi Arabia.
- same as previous link

----

OPEC countries include: Saudi Arabia (the de facto leader), Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela and others (also Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Gabon, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar).

Of course not included on the list is Russia - the second largest oil producer.

I my eyes this makes Russia the prime nemesis of Saudi Arabia and therefore also of the United States and the West due to close ties.

restrictions were directed against one of the most important areas of the Russian economy: the oil industry.
The Impact of Western Sanctions on The Russian Oil Sector

U.S. Sanctions Have Crushed Equity Of Russian Oil Companies

Prolonged Sanctions Rip Into Russian Economy

edit on 17-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Saudi takes all the money they get for that oil and reinvests it into the USA, it's a great setup.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That's an interesting take on it.

Trump has criticized Obama for not bombing the oil fields. Obama of course cited climate change as his justification for allowing the Islamic State to make a profit on oil deals.

But I've long suspected that the climate change cover story was just a ruse.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You can bet it's about resources. It always is.

But Putin considers his country to be at war with the West, in particular with the United States, because he is not happy with the position his country has been relegated to with regard to global decision making.

Here is an article that I encourage everyone to read. I know most won't, but it's the only article I've read that clearly articulates what Putin is trying to do, and why he's trying to do it.

I heard the author speaking on Sirius/XM. She sounded quite knowledgeable and writes from an "inside Russia" perspective. She is also highly critical of Obama's Russian policy, so she is not some anti-Trump partisan hack.

Please read: www.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe Russian hate is all about oil

Maybe

GazProm/Saudi Aramaco.

They areSaudi Aramco, Russia’s Gazprom,CNPC of China, NIOC of Iran, Venezuela’s PDVSA, Brazil’s Petrobras and Petronas of Malaysia.

www.ft.com...

Could also be what those 'sanctions' were all about.

Gotta keep GIP and ISIS in cash.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BRICS vs Petrodollar

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
hate is all about divide and concur and that's whats happening these days, divide as much as you can, fuel hate, spread fake news, and its a win for the elites, their power comes from the conflicts, they feed on it, sadly they are wining and making it happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The US are now pretty much self sufficient in oil. The sanctions against Russia levelled by the EU have greater impact on Russian oil and gas. Furthermore, the downturn of the global economy, coupled with over supply from countries like Saudi Arabia have lowered oil prices.

Don't blame it all on the US. That's what I am saying. Russian single track, undiversified economy is a lesson in mismanagement.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Unlike Saudi Arabia, Russia is a top notch high tech country. Su-35S, Su-34, MiG-35, Admiral Gorshkov, Yasen, these are second to none, and with PAK FA and T-14 in the pipe line. Saudi Arabia has no technology. Russia isn't reliant on oil.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2017 by ultimatewarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Read the article, it was interesting, albeit filled with inaccuracies.

America is not a 'liberal democracy', and a new cold war is not the answer.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ultimatewarrior
Russia isn't reliant on oil.

Russia is massively reliant on oil and gas revenues. They have an undiversified economy. They may make fancy niche military kit, but that's pretty much it. They have a GDP about the size of South Korea. Smaller than Italy.
edit on 17/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Russia cannot be underestimated. When Napoleon and Hitler invaded Russia, they lost most of their military and died. If anyone invades Russia, the Russian people would fight tooth and nail for every inch.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Point being US being like a cheap hooker for the Saudi's .. doing their bidding to quell competition.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY About oil!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Greggers

Read the article, it was interesting, albeit filled with inaccuracies.

America is not a 'liberal democracy', and a new cold war is not the answer.

I believe she means liberal democracy in that we are founded on democratic principles (unlike Russia) and that our society is decidedly liberal when compared to Russia.

I don't believe it is filled with inaccuracies.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Now I have an explanation as to why 1. VENEZUELA has had 'internal troubles' in recent times. Time to install a more favourable govt ya reckon?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Hate ?

whatever man.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

originally posted by: Azureblue

Now I have an explanation as to why 1. VENEZUELA has had 'internal troubles' in recent times. Time to install a more favourable govt ya reckon?

You can add Iraq, Kuwait, and Iran to that list (who have had trouble).

edit on 18-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Canada has more oil than Saudi Arabia. Oil sands. Obama never approved the Keystone pipeline which delivers oil from Alberta to Texas. So I don't think oil is the issue with Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 4hammertime
The Keystone pipeline will be approved now that Obama is gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join