It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boom: Trump eyes 10% spending cuts, 20% slash of federal workers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to sources, Trump is contemplating some big cuts in the Executive Branch.

As much as -10% spending and maybe -20% of workers !!

Maybe he sees the waste and cronyism.

Looks like some "Landing Teams" are now inside some of the waste riddled agencies !!

Boom: Trump eyes 10% spending cuts, 20% slash of federal workers

Making good on a promise to slash government, President-elect Trump has asked his incoming team to pursue spending and staffing cuts.

Insiders said that the spending reductions in some departments could go as high as 10 percent and staff cuts to 20 percent, numbers that would rock Washington if he follows through.

At least two so-called "landing teams" in Cabinet agencies have relayed the call for cuts as part of their marching orders to shrink the flab in government.

The cuts would target discretionary spending, not mandated programs such as Medicare or Social Security, the sources said.

C-U-T !!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I swear I HOPE he delivers.

Way past time government employees other than military servicemen find out their jobs aren't forever.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If Trump cuts back on federal power, cuts back on the cronyism, frees up the free market, and keeps his dog Jeff Sessions on a leash, then I will gladly eat every piece of criticism and ridicule that I have produced against him.

The key word is IF, and I highly doubt that Trump will do any of those things.

For the time being, I'm betting against him.
edit on 17-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Please, PLEASE, P L E A S E !!

Make it so.
edit on 17-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

If Trump cuts back on federal power, cuts back on the cronyism, frees up the free market, and keeps his dog Jeff Sessions on a leash, then I will gladly eat every piece of criticism and ridicule that I have produced against him.

The key word is IF, and I highly doubt that Trump will do any of those things.

For the time being, I'm betting against him.

I'm with you.

I hated 95% of Trump's promises and thought about 5% of them might be alright. So far, he's broken most of his bad promises. I just hope he keeps the good ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oof...
edit on 17-1-2017 by Abysha because: dp... heh heh

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I thought Trump was supposed to be creating jobs. Oh well, now all those workers will just become contractors and do the same job they were just doing. The only difference is that the government will be paying more to said contractors while those former employees make less. So in other words the government probably takes a net loss.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I thought Trump was supposed to be creating jobs.

Private sectors jobs that create a new tax revenue based instead of government jobs that just consume wealth from the private sector.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I thought Trump was supposed to be creating jobs. Oh well, now all those workers will just become contractors and do the same job they were just doing. The only difference is that the government will be paying more to said contractors while those former employees make less. So in other words the government probably takes a net loss.

A full analysis and accounting would be good to see.

I imagine somebody must know.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yep. His immigration promises were just dumb. We don't need to keep people out. In fact, we need more people to come in, but they need to be productive. People who will learn English, and wont jump in the welfare lines looking for a free ride.

I don't know where to start really. Trump just has SO MANY idiotic ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Our Federal government is riddle with unnecessary, waste and abuse of agencies that every president enact but do not dismantle at the end of their presidency.

Agencies like Homeland of security and anything that sprouted after the agency was put in place, is well overdue to be dismantle.

Six Categories of Waste in Federal government

1.Programs that should be devolved to state and local governments;
2.Programs that could be better performed by the private sector;
3.Mistargeted programs whose recipients should not be entitled to government benefits;
4.Outdated and unnecessary programs;
5.Duplicative programs; and
6.Inefficiency, mismanagement, and fraud.

www.heritage.org...

Tight Budget? Congress Can Save $42 Billion by Eliminating Bad Government Programs

International Affairs
The Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Energy
Commercial Deployment and Technology Development
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Energy Frontier Research Centers
Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer.
Agriculture
The Market Access Program
The Foreign Agricultural Service
Transportation

This are just an example of agencies that are duplicates of other agencies that takes tax payer money with not benefits to the tax payer at all.

www.heritage.org...

Time to cut the pork.

Wasteful Government Spending: Duplicate Programs Squander Billions

the GAO report squanders between $100 billion and $200 billion a year.

Similarity Breeds More Wasteful Government Spending

moneymorning.com...

Every new government comes in and rather than improve existing agencies they create new ones of the same without dismantling the previous ones, the reason for this is that is easier to make new ones.

Does that makes sense?

edit on 17-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Abysha

Yep. His immigration promises were just dumb. We don't need to keep people out. In fact, we need more people to come in, but they need to be productive. People who will learn English, and wont jump in the welfare lines looking for a free ride.

I don't know where to start really. Trump just has SO MANY idiotic ideas.

I think that's what he might have in mind since that's what he said.

He is against criminals - terrorists and what not.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These guys typically go in and try and trim the fat
at the bottom of the pyramid.
Absolutely nothing to be trimmed from those at the top
making stupid money like speculators and CEO's ?
Try and cut a Marines benefits, go ahead I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yep. His immigration promises were just dumb. We don't need to keep people out. In fact, we need more people to come in,

Or we could just support American citizens having kids instead of killing them and scream 'womens rights'.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
WMDs, 911, ISIS Threat, Benghazi...

The Intelligence Community would be a good start.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It would be nice it Trump would urge Congress to take some laws off of the books. We have way too many of them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
95% of govt. jobs (excl. military and police) could be cut without anyone noticing.
An easy start is to look for anything with "think tank" in it's description and cull it immediately.
edit on 17/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Contractors need to make money. Thus they need to overbid any contract. At least if they want to stay around. It's also a fact that contractors make less money than government employees. And it's also common for former government employees to become contractors. Thus, the government is paying more money than they need to while their former employees are paying less taxes.

This is all a feel good effort for Trump. He can point to a budget and say "See! We're spending less money on government employees!" And at the same time more money is being spent on contractors.
edit on 1/17/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Where did you read that military is going to have benefits cut?

Actually since Trump campaigning he is promising an increase in Military spending.

In public finance, discretionary spending is government spending implemented through an appropriations bill. This spending is an optional part of fiscal policy, in contrast to entitlement programs for which funding is mandatory.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Abortion is between the woman and God if she believes in one. Its not the business of the Federal Government to get involved.

Plus, we already encourage American citizens to have children. Its called Medicaid and Food Stamps.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join