It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin on those NATO bases he dislikes so much

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just came across this very interesting clip whereby Oliver Stone interviews Putin for a documentary about Ukraine.

This sums up 2 very important points about Russia;

1) Putin is an extremely rational thinker

and

2) It is little wonder that Russia wants to have closer ties with the USA. It is trying to avoid a conflict that could and most likely would be disastrous for everyone involved.

TPTB have literally created Russia into the new boogeyman to legitimise all the military spending and new foreign bases. And Putin has been standing on the other side for years now saying 'What the.....?'
edit on 17-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You have got to believe with all the positive press for Putin the war mongers of the west are just about throwing up.

Putin has come across as a class act instead of a petulant western child.. Syria certainly did not help the West's cause.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Putin is a war criminal not a class act.

This ATS love for him is sickening.

Do you not remember when he invaded Ukraine?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Do you not remember when the USA invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, then got sick of that game and started arming radical groups in Syria and Libya while they flew overhead bombing the #e out of everything?

Putin is not squeaky clean at all.

But neither is the warmongering USA. A fact often conveniently forgotten.
edit on 17-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree. But calling him a class act is disgusting.

I never once mentioned the US in my post. The US has commited numerous acts of terror to other countries that makes me also want to vomit.

But....... again...... Putin and his agenda are dangerous and he is far from a class act.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I look forward to that day when the war criminals in the US are dragged before some sort of court and forced to pay for their crimes.

Putin and his agenda are dangerous and he is far from a class act.

The US agenda is the only one threatening world peace. It is the real danger that we all have to face.

edit on 17-1-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

... in a tank ?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Do you remember when the UK and USA invaded afganistan, Iraq and bombed Libya into a unstable wreck?

Member Panama?

Member Grenada?

Member vietnam?

Member laos and cambodia?
edit on 17-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I believe it was riding an Indian elephant bareback as he blasted Taylor swift on his iPad.

But I might be mistaken.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The point I was trying to make was that out of the two super powers, the other one has been the more deadly and blood thirsty in the last 20 years.

Yes Russia's agenda is alarming if you live in the EU or a former Soviet state. But Ukraine was a line in the sand - Putin knew that it had aspirations of both NATO and EU membership. So he got serious and threw down the gauntlet. There was no way he was going to a NATO base on the Crimean peninsula so he annexed (peacefully and by referendum I might add) Crimea and then stirred up war in the rest of Ukraine for good measure. Because..... one of the conditions of NATO membership is that a country must be at peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Uh...... not true. North Korea doesn't have a great regime either and there are numerous Central American and South American corrupt governments. Shall we talk about Saudi Arabia as well?

Again, I never once said the US is in the right. What I said is that Putin is a war criminal.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Putins regime is horrible though. One has no freedom of speech or freedom of press.

He kills journalists who speak out against him.

That is what a war criminal does.

Do you disagree?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

ohh you mean when crimea made a totally peaceful and self determined transition to being a part of russia? lol yeah, we remember that.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You're talking different decades and the former USSR there (definitely a scary and malevolent force) vs modern Russia.

Putin lays out very clearly what is going on from his side of the fence.

So.... as an intelligent people do we

A) Continue to ignore him, keep ratcheting up the tension, seeing more and more Syria type wars until the big one erupts

or

B) Listen, just listen to the man and reassess our priorities.

At some point mankind must evolve past warring like this. The stakes get higher and higher every year that passes by. There are more and more of us on the planet now and our weaponry is getting more and more deadly.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Russia is crumbling. Russia is facing a devastating population decline in the next 30 years.

Russia's GDP is the size of Italy's -- and consists mainly of oil and natural gas. With the rest of Europe becoming less reliant on Russian oil and gas, and China putting pressure on them from the south ...

We're seeing a starving bear trying to rattle his cage. Russia feels like she's starving and being boxed in. Instead of trying to change and enter the world stage as equal, peaceful, honest exporter of valuable goods and services -- they're trying to destabilize the world to swoop in and steal the spoils.

Do not be fooled by sneaky Vlad -- he was in the KGB probably before many of you were born.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Putins regime is horrible though. One has no freedom of speech or freedom of press.

really? horrible? then why is the quality of life for russian people so much better than it used to be? its not great but russia been through alot. putin has definitely done his part. hes taken back companies stolen by the west after the fall of the soviet union and put people back to work. people are actually profiting from russians assets because of putin. you arent russian. you dont live in russia. stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

and people in russia have the same rights as the people in america. what makes you think otherwise. have you read the russian constitution? i doubt you have.

also what are the war crimes putin has committed? just curious. i havent heard of any.
edit on 17-1-2017 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I am not going to disagree with you.

Instead, I am going to point in the direction of the polar opposite - the USA.

The media has become and absolute farce there, severely interrupting the rule of law. In fact, even here in Australia the media has been blamed for what has become the global laughing stock of our revolving Prime Ministers.

Here is an example of what I mean

theconversation.com...

I know we don't kill journalists in the west, but they do a lot of damage at times.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Again, I never once said the US is in the right. What I said is that Putin is a war criminal.

Sort out your own war criminals before pointing the finger.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

yeah you people have been saying that for almost 3 years now and russia still hasnt fallen. and russia is definetely trying to change. they have been trying to diversify their economy. its kinda hard when people keep #ing with them staging coup's and starting battles to keep them mired in conflict.

they are trying to swoop in and stel the spoils huh? swoop in where. steal what spoils? have you throught this through?

where does this notion that russia are a bunch of idiots who cant make change or move forward come from? why do you think the russians want war. how do you figure russia gains something froms tarting war. isnt there something that clicks in your brain that tells you what you are saying doesnt make sense. i mean do you just think the russians are very incompetent and just making all the wrong decisions or something?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Instead of trying to change and enter the world stage as equal, peaceful, honest exporter of valuable goods and services -- they're trying to destabilize the world to swoop in and steal the spoils.

You have just described American Foreign policy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join