It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the band be mature enough to respect the kind of music the fans deserved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
After Distorted Prayer came together so smoothly and lots of growth and maturing took place in those moments that I was with my band mates as we laid down some tunes that was so worthy of radio we almost had everything going for us right to a club play before we even laid down the right amount of time to practice.

Unfortunately it was a flash in the pan and the creativity still lingers long and true.

Anyone know these people:

J. A. Sparrow
J Toops
M. Saad
A. Mircovic
J. Stumbo
D. B. Hammond

I think you know what we have to do...

Cardinal Sin?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That was actually Last Resilience!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Teotihuacan

I've spent many years working with a few bands and have seen various dramas tear them apart. I'm not familiar with the names you've listed. Was it an internal soap opera? Or outside agencies? ie scummy agent or venue.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

We got to the point where we didn't have that lead to really push our rhythm and when we was capable of a good practice session our guitarist and vocalist didn't communicate good enough we didn't have the soap opera like they had back then it was more like our guitarist needed to be in a metallica cover band.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sounds familiar. I never started a band because I'd already seen enough of what others went through. The worst was a friend/roommate's band. They lasted for a few years and I finally got them hooked up with a buddy who is a professional music producer, they recorded a good album and about a month after the release party boom the band broke up because they were tired of the drummer being a dick.
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I know what you mean... I'm wondering if my future band is going to have that 3-4 album spirt of awesome and then when it's time to switch up on vocals without losing anyone in the band for a few albums so that the band from then on can complete the best music it can at 100 efficiency and the reason why it couldn't at first is the band actually needed to grow and show commitment before it reached it's peak.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah it's tough. You're basically getting married to a group. For better or worse, in sickness and yahda yahda. The music biz is a hard road made slippery by greasy business people, trying to get a band together that can successfully make it is almost impossible. The only good advice I can give is trust your gut reaction when meeting potential band mates.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You have to be able to see talent in people who would sell something like this while they are looking you in the eyes and saying I'm a metal vocalist.

edit on 16-1-2017 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yeah I mean they have to be responsible enough to know that we can't go getting in trouble with authorities. And they have to be smart enough to know when it's not cool to sleep with someone's sister or something and take advantage of everyone at a party.

You have to be thinking like ok. I have a chance for millions here I can't go sleeping around with just any one I'm going to have to find other intelligent mature adults that fit my stigma.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

top topics

join