It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump HHS nominee invested in medical device manufacturer, then introduced bill to help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Looks like the swamp just got another 10 feet deeper!

Rep. Tom Price, is Donald Trump's nominee for Secretary of the department of Health and Human Services

Washington (CNN)Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented.

Source

Buckle up folks, we're about to enter uncharted waters when it comes to corruption and unaccountability.

In order to drain the swamp, you must make it overflow first.
edit on 16-1-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
11 years as a politician. I guess he needed to hurry up and cash out.

Unless it's CNN 'faking' us all out again.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Same poop, different day...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
every time a congress person votes on a bill there is a potential conflict of interest.
How is that bill going to effect the congress persons stocks or the stocks in that congress persons retirement portfolio?

The only way to solve the problem is to prohibit congress people from owning stocks or investing in retirement accounts that deal with stocks,but that would be unrealistic and not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

As reported by the news agency that got caught colluding with democrats to rig debates.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
CNN says they saw disclosure forms but failed to link to them.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You do realize that congress is legally allowed to inside trade?

I dont likev it either, but the all do it, Reid, Pelosi do too...its a catch 22 as congress couldnt vote without knoledge of different businesses actions.

I think it stinks but that swamp has always been deep im afraid.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Probably the biggest positive to come out of this election is that having Trump in the WH will finally force the left to start sleuthing again and criticizing their own government.

It's about bloody time they got red-pilled.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Figures. Already starting to detest Trump. (I didnt buy or sell on the media hate, has nothing to do with that).

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Probably the biggest positive to come out of this election is that having Trump in the WH will finally force the left to start sleuthing again and criticizing their own government.

It's about bloody time they got red-pilled.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Trump followers have a very different view on "the swamp" -- there's a fundamental difference in the way they view the world.

To a Trump follower, "the swamp" is the do-nothing politicians that let Obama get the ACA passed. They're the senators and congressmen that didn't get anything done the last 8 years. The politicians that have been serving in congress for 20 years. Those people are the "swamp".

They see these politicians as "corrupt" and "incompetent" -- and the source for ALL THE PROBLEMS.

It's a short-sighted, ignorant, uninformed and just plain embarrassing belief. One reinforced by Trump himself.

These people don't seem (or can't seem to grasp) the concept that it's the MONEY from private corporations and outside lobbying groups that causes the corruption and all the things they don't like.

Politicians wouldn't serve for 20+ years without the help of outside money.

Want to fight big government? Fight the right fight, big money in big government.

Big government is only possible due to big money from multi-national corporations pouring into SuperPACs and re-election campaigns. When a politician spends 70% of their term in office raising money from Haliburton, Exxon ect -- that's a problem.

But, to people like Trump that sweet, sweet money buys influence. It's better to just point fingers at the politicians and not the puppet masters pulling the strings ... people like himself.

So if you want to "drain the swamp" you'd do yourself a favor and break free from the Trump brainwashing and look deeper. Look at who controls the "do nothing corrupt politicians". Look at where they end up getting jobs after they leave office. Look at who's funding their campaigns, and what legislation they're being paid to vote on.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
TLDR : The government we get is the government that gets bought and paid for by globalist corporations.

Corporations like Trump's, and his cabinet of corrupt crony capitalists.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If true this should preclude him from office. This would be a HIGHLY unethical thing to do.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Republicans are almost all criminals, what did people expect?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If true this should preclude him from office. This would be a HIGHLY unethical thing to do.

You'd thunk it, eh?

Nah. Trump is better than sliced bread (seriously, have you tried to slice bread yourself? It sucks!).

Basically, if it hurts "the other team" anything is allowed. It doesn't matter how much of the country Trump burns down, as long as it causes the Democrats pain.

It's an Attila the Hun or Mongol Horde mentality: "BURN IT ALL!"

People like that should be precluded from office, due to their significant lack of maturity.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Republicans are almost all criminals, what did people expect?

Well, to be fair there's criminals in the Democrat party as well.

The difference?

Rank and file Democrats across the country are aware of this and where the actual problems exist. They fight for things like campaign finance reform and the repeal of Citizen's United.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Its entirely legal.
I notice folks dont respond to what I stated...its legal Drms Replicans and Indys all do it, some more than others. Do I like it? No they really need to bring civics back to schools.
Ill say it once more....ITS LEGAL

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looks like he's acting in the best interests of all involved !!

edit on Jan-16-2017 by xuenchen because: snailed

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Despite wanting a complete drain, I don't really think the "swamp" is going anywhere. It will have a few sticks and old tires pulled out. They will trim the brush, pull some weeds, slap some paint on any buildings and add a playground and picnic tables. Everyone will congratulate themselves on a job well done.

I think it all boils down to building a large enough portfolio to realize an Elysian retirement.

Supposed moral aspects, "It's Not A Crime Unless You Get Caught" and "Not Cheating Unless You Get Caught" are very much in play in Government and not likely to change anytime soon. Both sides practice it and they write the rules. Establishing / abolishing Federal Courts and making changes to the number of justices on the Supreme Court if pressed.

I think fraud and malfeasance in Government is only sexy to gutter press. Government would hardly turn a spotlight on themselves. Congress critters control the purse strings so any internal crusader would soon find their jobs and agencies unfunded.

The only thing the "people" can do is vote and the a lot voters are very partisan while others dream of an Elysian retirement also, asking what's in it for me. And yes Corporations and big money have a thumb on the scales.

If we try to take overt Corporate speech / money out of the elections we go back to hidden briefcase full of cash model. Right now at least we have some idea who owns who in Congress.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Tempter

Its entirely legal.
I notice folks dont respond to what I stated...its legal Drms Replicans and Indys all do it, some more than others. Do I like it? No they really need to bring civics back to schools.
Ill say it once more....ITS LEGAL

Legal and ethical are not always the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join