It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Insurance Company Proposes Gender-Split Traffic Lanes For Social Justice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A social issue or at least a laugh for the day. Woman only car lanes.... because.... well, you know.

www.blacklistednews.com...

In the name of equality, justice and safe spaces, a car insurance firm in the United Kingdom is advocating for the creation and designation of gender split roadways to give women their own lanes and separate infrastructure in order to avoid the perils of sharing the road with men.

The idea is marketed as ‘PinkZones,’ or safe spaces for females on UK’s roadways. Have a look at their pubic statement on the issue:

“Sheilas’ Wheels unveils PinkZones – gender split roads. A proposal to create safe, new, women-only lanes on Britain’s most dangerous roads.

To counteract these issues, the PinkZones design concept proposes two new types of roads. The first recommends demarcating lanes for women drivers on the existing road network, while the second puts forward the creation of women-only flyovers above some of Britain’s busiest roads. The accompanying images show these in greater detail.” ~Shiela’s Wheels, Pink Zones

edit on 16-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The roads here are too small for gendered lanes.

That, is just one reason this is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As if we ladies drive any better than the gents ...

Hoenstly, this it stupidity. I've seen women drivers who frankly scared the heck out of me, and I've be driving in the men's lane.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is hilarious. Proof positive that identity politics and social justice is a disease.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's just PR stunt as we aint seen them on TV for a while flogging their chick based insurance since it became illegal to charge a man or a woman a different price under EU rules.

They target the female audience but have about as much influence on UK traffic policy as I do on painting the whitehouse green and getting a free f-35 license to go about.

link   
a reply to: infolurker

Is this considered sexist? I'm asking bc if this goes thru, then we get into, maybe, race lanes?, Disability lanes?, Transgender Lanes? Everybody will want their own lanes. SMH. Hurry up with the flying cars!!! Then we can worry about who's fly space lanes next.

This is funny & ridiculous .

Regards,

link   

That's fine, cuz you can identify with any gender you like now.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

what utter bollox - the " link " does not even resolve to the domain of the insurance company - any cockwomble could have made the site

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

That's fine, cuz you can identify with any gender you like now.

That's very true.

Bubba can drive in either lane and if they pull him over for it, he can simply tell the officers he felt like a lady that day.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what utter bollox - the " link " does not even resolve to the domain of the insurance company - any cockwomble could have made the site

Are you relying on an ignorance of British slang to allow you to get away with Mud Pit level rhetoric in a place that isn't?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, then if (s)he gets a citation, then the cop is a bigot.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i think its a brilliant idea.

give the mentalists [the ladies] their own lane. i'd feel safer driving in the UK then.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good. This benefits men 100%
It will make us men safer from reckless women driving

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Had to check the date and no, its not april the first...

'Safer roads' regardless of who uses then are safer roads so why not just make all roads safer?

This is truly a weird and strange proposal, good drivers and bad drivers come in all forms, shapes sizes and genders. Im pretty sure that enforcing things like driver license renewals are a far better idea. There are folks out there that passed their license many many years ago who drive very little and possibly even have glasses or medical conditions that could be dangerous - who can drive legally but pose a threat to themselves and other road users.

Take the CBT for provisional bike licence holders - A test new riders have to take to enable to ride limited power motorcycles for two years without taking a full motorbike test (the full test enabling all bike sizes for ever). This simple test lasts two years and covers eye sight, emergency stops, correct signalling and safe lane use, turns etc. kind of a baby driving license. yet passing this means nothing after two year sand you have to do it again?! Strange this has to be repeated every two years but full tests last for ever.

How many old drivers out there who potter along at unsafe speeds (usually too slow) would fail a modern test?

Special lanes for women? Come on now, thats nothing short of completely insane. heck if i was female i might take offence to this idea on the grounds that 'we' might be considered unsafe to mix with male road users.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Is it April 1st already ?
Nice work by the Shiela’s Wheels publicity team.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Notable headlines from the same creditable source:

"AFTER THE WAPOST’S LATEST SHOT, IT’S TIME TO CALL ‘FAKE NEWS’ BY ITS REAL NAME ‘WEAPONIZED JOURNALISM’"

"FBI & MEMPHIS POLICE HAVE ADMITTED THEIR ROLE IN THE ASSASSINATION OF DR. KING"

"AFFORDABLE WATER IN THE U.S.: A LOOMING CRISIS"

"HEADS ARE FINALLY BEGINNING TO ROLL AT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION"

"SOME ELECTION INTERFERENCE IS MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS – HOW UKRAINE MEDDLED ON BEHALF OF CLINTON"

"TRUMP’S PICK TO HEAD THE CIA WANTS TO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL METADATA—ALL OF IT"

Gosh, I need an adrenaline shot to read this news.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to drive so traffic mired
And when I knew I had to drive that way again
Lord, it made me feel so tired
Before the day they split you, life was so unkind
But you're the key to my peaceful ride
'Cause you make me feel, you make me feel
You make me feel like a natural woman
When my car was in the male traffic lane
You came along to save it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Till your lane changed my identity
Now I'm no longer doubtful of where I'm driving at
And if it makes me happy I don't need to do more
'Cause you make me feel, you make me feel
Oh, baby, what you've done to me?
You make me feel so good inside
And I just want to be close to you
You make me want to drive
You make me feel, you make me feel

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Women are safer drivers than men, its why their insurance premiums used to be lower before it became illegal. But this is a rubbish idea our roads aren't big enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Women actually get in more accidents than men and claim more insurance more often.

It's just when men crash, it's into a gas station doing 90 while drunk.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Is this considered sexist?

Yeah but most of us guys, well the non cucks among us really could not give one flying f#ck...

The hilarity is a crooked insurance racket trying to take the moral high ground, people in the UK are having their asses ripped out of them with premiums that are absurd and these toss bags have the time, energy and want to publish this crap!!!!!...

How about we reel the necks in on those blood sucking lawyers that tell people how to cheat the system that in the long run puts all prices up, I know a 24 year old girl that has just been quoted £3500 (as a lowest quote) for a dog #e Nissan Micra 1.1 that is worth less than a decent roller skate.

RA

edit on 16-1-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join