It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming World Conflict - 2017 and beyond

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Libya situation is shameful, and the truth about it needs to be brought to light. If anything, Hillary Clinton needs to be held accountable for Ambassador Stevens' murder.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

You make some good points but China has shifted its economy for the most part to internal issues . Smog being pat of that . Even their production has been shifting to a more mechanized one rather then a slave labor type . It has finally sent its first rail service to Europe and Britain make the journey in 16 days . China's one belt one road policy is going to open up the whole Eurasia continent to growth . Even some of the projects in agriculture with eastern Russia are massive . I think these none populated cities every one was talking about is part of that plan . California is a good example of what smog was and how in a short time it can be reversed and cleaned up without the need for war .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

More importantly even if he is just pretending to be for the American people hes drawn the rats in the sewer out into the open for identification America should now know who its real enemies and their agents are and they are not Russian.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I understand why people are placing their "hope" in Trump, but where in history has anyone been allowed to upset the apple cart and lived to talk about it?

I would argue the last time would be JFK, and your comment is apropos. However, things are different now, the amount of security is tighter and it is less-likely (although certainly not impossible) for a repeat to occur.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Good summation . On the part about the Russian threat . I think their response to Georgia sends a signal that they dont want the old USSR back .If that was the case then why did they back off once they defeated Georgia in a matter of days btw .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I can understand that point of view. Respectfully i will disagree their repeated provocations in the sea demonstrates their intent no fortify their position and drag conflict in by the horns.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
So you are saying you think we are going to end up with a global world of haves and have nots, divided into zones with militarily controlled borders, determined by castes.

Green zones for the wealthy, Blue zones for the worker bees, Yellow zones for the hopefuls, Pink zones for the daring, and Red zones for the deplorables.

I think they have a TV series on one of the channels; looked it up, it is SYFY channel's Incorporated that pushes this scenario.

edit on 16-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: For better clarification.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I'd say there are a few reasons. For one their military was actually struggling. It's no coincidence that right after Georgia Putin started cracking down on corruption in the military and trying to move towards a model less dependent on 1 year (including training) conscripts.

Second, Russia only had a limited window to move. Remember, this occurred right in the middle of the Olympics. There's only so much they could achieve while the rest of the world was looking elsewhere.

Third, relations between Russia and the West were still good at the time. While Putin had pulled some stuff over the years this was really his first real attempt to test his boundaries. And he got away with it.

EDIT: I'll even argue that he would have got away with Ukraine as well if he didn't set his sights so high. If he had gone for Donbass or Luhansk the only ones that would have cared would be Ukraine. Crimea however is a much more valuable target and its annexation impacts every country that borders the Black Sea.
edit on 1/16/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please explain the tactical logisitcs of how an assualt on the mainland US actually takes place by an invading force?

I would ask for a realsitic scenario but since their isnt one ill ask for a Red Dawn remake approach..

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We already live in a global world of haves and have nots, divided into zones determined by castes.

Rich and poor, urban and suburban. Handed life or struggling to survive.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Most of the rhetoric about provocations in the South China sea are just that . The MSM was always on board spinning any kind of souvenir calls China was making . It is called the south china sea for a reason . I don't think they are pulling anyone in by the horns but are setting up a good position of defense . I am sure Deago Garcia is important to the US but the south china sea is not .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ArdentAngel

What all of civilization amounts to is a bunch of fkd up people telling other fkd up people what is and isn't fkd up. Its actually quite entertaining.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Although I dont agree with your opinion that

The election was stolen by the Russians, Trump was crowned king of the US, and the GOP was purposely placed in power because the Russians know that the GOP doesn't have the spine to stand up and stop Trump.

I find your other points very valid.
IMO, Trump was the best choice for president. That being said, I think we can all agree that in the business world, Trump is ruthless and relentless in his pursuit of power.
Apologies now, for dumbing down the OP with simple thinking but.... We've recently seen Russia and China align for security purposes, just as they did in 2009 for oil, allowing Russia to break its reliance with the EU.
I believe last week Trump said something along the lines of, "Why would I want Russia as an enemy? Why would I not want them as a friend?" (Not an exact quote but within that context) Which I do agree with.
Now you have the potential to have the top 3 World powers aligned. Possibly starting a Russia, China, US Super-Duper Power!!!
Or..... he may use his business tactics along the lines of partnering with another company, then eventually buying it out. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer right?
In either of those scenarios i do not like the outcome. I think the repercussions would be felt for eternity.
Bottom line is that our President Elect is not a politician, but a business man, and a very successful one at that. None of us have any idea what hes thinking, what his plans are, or his end game.
What happens when you put a successful
(albeit ruthless) businessman in the biggest chair in the world??? We'll soon see....

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

right after Georgia Putin started cracking down on corruption in the military and trying to move towards a model less dependent on 1 year (including training) conscripts.
True but they had easily beaten Georgia and could have kept it .As far as the work on the military goes yea they needed it .I think Georgia was a wake up call as to what might be heading their way .They must have known that Georgia was put up to attacking and maybe figured the west/nato had a bigger plan in the works . They were right too because of what happened in Ukraine next .I think they anticipated that and made plans with Crimea as to what to expect and what measures would be taken .ie the vote in the referendum .very well played imo

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I agree.
The best way to destroy the US would not be a ground invasion. All they would have to do is eliminate the petro dollar, crash the economy, and we (Americans) would do the rest.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

We already live in a global world of haves and have nots, divided into zones determined by castes.

Rich and poor, urban and suburban. Handed life or struggling to survive.

Sorry I was unclear. I made an edit, hopefully it convey what I was attempting to purport a little better.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
a reply to: opethPA

I agree.
The best way to destroy the US would not be a ground invasion. All they would have to do is eliminate the petro dollar, crash the economy, and we (Americans) would do the rest.

The sad thing about your post is that it doesn't have to play out the way you suggest.

So what if we had to start from the beginning? We are already centuries ahead of where we first started, so the climb back should not be as hard, since we will already know where many of the pitfalls are located.

I may be idealistic but the way I see it; if I have to crawl out of a sewer, I think I have a better chance of getting out if I have control over how and when I got in.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That is true, and i would rather have things go along those lines. Maybe im just pessimistic or jaded, but from what ive seen (behavior-wise) from our population in the past few years, i dont think it would be an easy task to follow your ideology.
First, lets hope we dont fall into this sewer, and second, if we do, lets hope the population takes your approach.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

That is true, and i would rather have things go along those lines. Maybe im just pessimistic or jaded, but from what ive seen (behavior-wise) from our population in the past few years, i dont think it would be an easy task to follow your ideology.
First, lets hope we dont fall into this sewer, and second, if we do, lets hope the population takes your approach.

Trust me. I am just as pessimistic and jaded as you are about the likely outcome, that is why I said the sad thing about your post is that it doesn't "have" to play out that way.

I have been through some rough times. 12 years ago, dear God, has it really been that long? Yes. 12 years ago, I was the victim of a vicious storm that left me without electricity for 16 weeks. Folks that live out in the woods in the country, are not on the list of priorities when they are restoring the infrastructure. It didn't help that our only road, I lovingly call it the cow pasture, was impassable, and it took several days for us, working together, to clear it of the huge trees that fallen along the way.

I look back at that time and though I never grew fond of taking tepid tub baths, I loved taking God showers, the peaceful quiet, and the camaraderie of socializing with friends and family without the benefit of electronic media. There is something soothing about sleeping outdoors. Something special about waking and sleeping by the rising and setting of the sun.

Neighbors checked in regularly to make sure each other were okay. They shared whatever they had, even their precious gold, "ice". My neighbor when he was able to get hold of a generator, ran about 20 outdoor electric cords to my house so I could grab electricity to run my water pump, which I only used when absolutely necessary. I have since obtained a better solution, but it was the first time I had ever been in such a situation, so I was flying by the seat of my pants.

It would be hard, but our ancestors had it much harder, yet they survived and thrived. It is very doable, and in some ways, it may even be healthier than the lives we live now. The biggest problem as you mentioned, will be the ideology and the behavior of the masses. If they panic and fear the sky is falling, things will go south pretty fast and you will again be right, because we will finish ourselves off in no time at all. All any country will have to do is be patient, then come in and clean up the carnage.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To think the worlds fate rests in Russia's ex KGB psychopath or Americas newly elected narcissistic ego maniacs hands is a scary thought.

<< 1    3 >>

join