It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump praises Duterte's deadly war on drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: FauxMulder
The lack of evidence that Trump even said that is reassuring. I feel stupid for buying it.
So what about this general John Kelly character? Apparently he is hardcore anti drugs, and Trump is appointing him as director of homeland security. Just more BS? The article made it seem like he plans on ramping up the war on drugs.

Probably originally CNN spinning the story

This sounds more like it

Duterte: Trump wishes Philippines success in drug war
edit on 16-1-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No worries! It's all good

If he is anti weed then it would be the only thing so far Im sure I disagree with him on

Same here.

I feel like if he was smart, and really wanted to help people and start making tons of money, he would be extremely supportive of legalization. It is an absolutely massive industry waiting to be tapped into.

edit on 16-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Okay, so in following your rationale of quoting a quote from an article that quotes Duterte, you'd also believe Putin over Trump on some topic, right? Your click bait headline fails and needs corrected to state, "Duterte says..."

Source

Duterte, 71, launched an unprecedented war on drugs that drew a wave of global criticism with Obama urging the leader in September to conduct his campaign "the right way" following concerns over alleged extrajudicial killings.

Some wingnut dictator takes Obama's words, puts a reverse spin on those words first spoken by the U.S. President, then attributes them to the President Elect to benefit his own agenda? Where have we seen this before? Oh yeah, North Korea.

What's next? An article stating Trump praised Kim Jong Un's move to hydrogen warfare?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
a reply to: TheBulk The libs over dramatize and over exaggerate all things trump

While they ignore facts like the Democrats and the media being caught rigging debate.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Sooner or later he will start to praise Adolf Hitler, his politics, his GeStaPo, his KZ´s...
Good luck over there in the overseas, we had that part of history in europe a while ago, it seems now it´s your part...

Why do people refuse to learn from the past?

edit on 16 1 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Things been improving since Duterte started his war on drugs noticed the improvement on the last two trips made to manila . Hope he keeps it up .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Ohanka
Well, Durterte's campaign is working as intended. Drug rates down, corrupt politicians purged, the civil service has started functioning again after decades of not doing so, drug kingpins either in prison or dead, crime rate at an all time low...

Working great.

Many liberals don't seem to actually like fixing problems. They like to make themselves feel good while the problem continues and they have an issue that never goes away.

Yeah, that whole vigilante-style KILLING PEOPLE WITHOUT DUE PROCESS part is kinda where normal people draw the line.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Indeed.

There is nothing remotely threatening about a drum circle, no matter how funky the clouds of smoke coming of it are.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

The lack of evidence that Trump even said that is reassuring. I feel stupid for buying it.
So what about this general John Kelly character? Apparently he is hardcore anti drugs, and Trump is appointing him as director of homeland security. Just more BS? The article made it seem like he plans on ramping up the war on drugs.

This sounds more like it

So, more fake news from CNN?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Well, Durterte's campaign is working as intended. Drug rates down, corrupt politicians purged, the civil service has started functioning again after decades of not doing so, drug kingpins either in prison or dead, crime rate at an all time low...

Working great.

Many liberals don't seem to actually like fixing problems. They like to make themselves feel good while the problem continues and they have an issue that never goes away.

Yeah, that whole vigilante-style KILLING PEOPLE WITHOUT DUE PROCESS part is kinda where normal people draw the line.

Yeah I think part of the problem and countries is that eventually the liberal start protecting the criminals and that you have a problem that never goes away.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
When youve spent time in SE Asia you realise the that its a great and necessary initiative .
Its easy for us in Oz or the states to judge but when you see how messed up and corrupt it is over there you can clearly see nothing else will work.
A good litmus test is see what the locals think and almost universally they are behind this.

That's all very well and good but there is evidence innocent people are being murdered also, including people who had given up drugs years before.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Working great.

Yeah I think part of the problem and countries is that eventually the liberal start protecting the criminals and that you have a problem that never goes away.

I think I prefer the method of proving the accused's guilt first before executing, rather than a general carte blanche to the public with no way to prove innocence.

It's that accuse first, kill, wonder last series of operation that I have a problem with. It's ripe for abuse.
edit on 1/16/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

This sounds more like it

So, more fake news from CNN?

Could be. I don't think Trump supports war on drugs but he wishes Philippines success. Heres the video

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If he praised this, it's dangerous rhetoric. I don't like the fact some people I know from my past struggle with opiates, they don't deserve to die. Drug dealers of hard drugs are criminals who get people hooked.

It's sad because they can force a market. Instead of losing civility and becoming ruthless killers, we keep our laws against selling, release those addicted for optional treatment. Leave cannabis, natural psychedelics alone. And show the world America is not stupid. All drugs aren't bad, it's if you get a bad batch from a shady dealer mixing them. So bring it to a level where people can get safer drugs so they don't o.d.

Political rhetoric is because the government always wants to micromanage your thoughts and actions.
If you don't think so, they already got you somewhere.

My story. In high school, like 20 years ago I tried alot at parties. The only thing that stuck with me was ciggarrets, liquor, and cannabis. Well I got put in the hospital for schizophrenia, and they tested me and found the weed. I told them I don't smoke much daily, I had a job and studied computer graphics, I used it to help me relax and focus creativity. But the hospital exaggerated my condition and forced me into a huge waisted of time a 3 month inpatient rehab.
We need rational determinations so we don't waisted space for someone who's suffering rather than someone like me who just toked randomly.
That's what erks my goat.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Philippines need a rebellion - Duerte is a mad man.

If Trump went so far as to advocate his policies, he should be removed from office. If anyone in politics is even for continuing the "War on Drugs", they should be allowed to do so - but should be universally understood to be "enemies of freedom", and treated as such by the people, and the military.

Too much big government control, not enough freedom anymore. Duerte is as backwards as they come. Let's hope Trump doesn't ruin any chance at being a good President by taking a similar anti -American, enemy-of-freedom stance.

It still boggles my mind that Republicans aren't by default pro-legalization as it is. Something is twisted in the message of individual liberty and responsibility.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Working great.

Honoring due process is "protecting criminals" now? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is horrible. I would hope the American people would never tolerate such a thing, or that we would have a congress who would approve such evil and legalized murder.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I will laugh when your daughter is introduced to hard drugs and is put to rest due to a tyrant like him since you seem to be okay with his approach and all.

Nothing more annoying than people pretending to know everything about somewhere just because they have been there, you never even been to the Philippines have you???

TeWhen youve spent time in SE Asia you realise the that its a great and necessary initiative .

I've seen you post this in other threads about this tyrant.

The majority of my time in Asia was spent in the Philippines and Singapore (10 years)

You being there only means that you are emphasizing your opinion on the matter, we all have an opinion, some more misguided than others.

Its easy for us in Oz or the states to judge but when you see how messed up and corrupt it is over there you can clearly see nothing else will work.

No, it's not easy. It's only applying logic to the situation.

I'v seen the alphabet agencies send in drugs in guns into inner city neighborhoods and promote drug use via the entertainment industry in medias such as rap music.

There is no excuse for this "war on drugs". Drugs are bad but involvement should not be an automatic death sentence, especially delivered by thugs who are also probably high on drugs only wanting to collect the reward.

If his resources are so tapped out to fight the problem, looks like a management issue on his end, he is failing as a leader and needs to be replaced. This drug problem is his fault and he is to blame and should be held accountable.

The drugs are still rampant and the problem isn't going away.

Each time they take out a low level dealer they are replaced with a few more.

Soon the Philippines will have cartels like Mexico if this idiot doesn't watch what he is doing.

Vigilante Justice goes both ways just saying.

But to answer your question is Trump gonna do something like this the answer is No he will not and even asking it means your paranoid, have swallowed the MSM kool-aid and think Trumps gonna bring on Armageddon in everyway possible or youre deliberately trying to spread fear, which one is it?

LOL I want some of your soap box...

You have a lot of audacity talking about swallowing kool aid, I think you got a stain on your shirt.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

And Stalin got the trains to run on time. Does that mean his purges and genocidal policies were right?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I guess my first indication that this was nonsense was the OP's reluctance to put any quotes directly from Trump in is opening post. So i clicked through to get some context....

....and was wholly disappointed. Because Trump didn't say anything. Duterte said that Trump said something. Which means nothing at all.

So now my challenge to anyone who wants to carry this flag: prove that the conversation even happened. The Phillipines are not something I would spend time on as a priority, and doubt Trump would have even taken the time to visit with the leader of a nation that has absolutely no bearing on us.

In other words: fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join