It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are Colin Kaepernick's Critics Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

maybe people have a hard time seeing a QB who makes millions, adopted by white parents as someone they can relate to.

So they can relate better to the black athletes that grow up in the ghettos and are now making millions? The only reason why this became an issue is because people got their safe space invaded and this issue got polarized quickly.

I myself, applaud his actions. It got people talking about something that would not have been mentioned in the first place.

And the band played on!
edit on 16-1-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

honestly i dont mind the action as much as i really dislike kaepernick

and he is a career backup QB anyways

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I watched it, good for him.

His anthem antics, still a douche.
Could have done all that without kneeling and been the respectful hero, like many other nfl stars who donate their time and money.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Good for him, glad to see someone is actually putting their money where their mouth is.

As far as his critics are concerned...

Well, based on some of the responses in this thread, it's obvious his critics are too busy hiding out in their little bubbles with their heads so far up their asses that they're no longer able to see the light of day.

Thanks for the informative video.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ArdentAngel

Agreed. In my opinion, his 15 minutes are up, along with the rest of the NFL. Not a single game was on any of our screens in our house this year, because of this.
He gets as much attention in our household as that bimbo who was robbed of her jewelery, which is none.

snrRog

edit on 1/16/2017 by snrRog because: Add second line, more effort than this topic deserves

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The idiot didnt even take the time to vote. Lost all credibility.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Plenty of NFL stars put their money back into the community and no one talks about it.

I suspect the only reason anyone is talking about this idiot is because of his disposal toward claiming himself down with a struggle he's never really been part of.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CranialSponge

Plenty of NFL stars put their money back into the community and no one talks about it.

I suspect the only reason anyone is talking about this idiot is because of his disposal toward claiming himself down with a struggle he's never really been part of.

Or maybe just maybe the constant vids of police shootings of unarmed AA males, made him want to use a mike or take a knee saying enough is enough, and putting his career and especially sponsor money at risk may seem idiotic but to me, courageous..again way to go Keap.
Kali said

'They' said: He shouldn't sit during the anthem because it was disrespectful to vets and those killed in action. So he started to kneel

Thing is I and other vets support his actions, other vets may disagree , Protest is not meant to be comfortable or else what's the point.
Wunk 22 said

He should get cultured in the lifestyles of east Africa for 3 years, come back and have a little gratitude.

Well depending on what nations you are talking about, a lot countries in East Africa doesn't suck, there is very little in terms of life style he would miss and probably be grateful he did make the trip.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

"Or maybe just maybe the constant vids of police shootings of unarmed AA males, made him want to use a mike or take a knee saying enough is enough, and putting his career and especially sponsor money at risk may seem idiotic but to me, courageous..again way to go Keap."

Taking a knee???

That's his contribution??????

How about he opens his mouth about all the single black mothers living/ rasing kid after kid after kid in the ghetto?
Or about how many of those mothers look at children as checks.

Or how about he goes into ghettos and talk to the people who are killing each other at an alarming rate.
You know, ALL the black on black murders, just look at Chicago. Or is it Chi-raq?

How about he addresses the issues like,gang banging and drug dealing, that puts young black men in the path of law enforcement.

And you mention all the vids of police shootings, how about all the videos of blacks getting murdered, by blacks on facebook live.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

You should view the vid for that's exactly what this thread is about, his contribution beyond his mike drops and knee bending.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Or maybe just maybe the constant vids of police shootings of unarmed AA males, made him want to use a mike or take a knee saying enough is enough, and putting his career and especially sponsor money at risk may seem idiotic but to me, courageous..again way to go Keap.

What?!?!

Police are shooting male members of Alcoholics Anonymous now?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: Spider879

What?!?!

Police are shooting male members of Alcoholics Anonymous now?

haha.that was funny, but if we are not careful it may end up that way.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well rest assured, I've got no clue who Kaepernick is (not much of a synopsis given in the OP regarding the video either), but if he's standing up, sitting, kneeling, or whatever he's doing in support of recovering alcoholics, then I suppose that's a decent cause. Good on him!

Edit: Aaaah, after viewing his wiki page it seems he's a QB, for the 49ers, who had a couple good seasons back in 2012-2013. Apparently he was protesting and claiming, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder".

Can't seem to find anything he's done for alcoholics though. He seems more focused on police brutality against black Americans.
edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Closed minds lead to empty heads.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Kaepernick is no different than any other liberal, placing blame on others rather than taking accountability for themselves. The numbers of blacks killed by police is minuscule, more whites are killed by police. And when you look at how blacks are slaughtering other blacks, police killings is barely even an issue, or at least it shouldn't be. The justice system isn't biased against black people, it's biased against people who commit crimes, and African Americans commit a boat load of them. If they would stop selling drugs, stop gangbanging, stop killing and stealing from each other, fathers actually raise their sons, education actually valued etc., they wouldn't be in the mess they are now. Just look at Asian Americans, they do better in the USA than whites, is it because the USA favors Asians? No, it's because Asians keep their families together and value education, that's all you need to be successful in America.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Are you referring to Kaepernick, his supporters, his detractors, or simply to people who group Americans with Jamaican, Haitian, southern Indian (from India), or a long list of other heritages of black Americans as "African" Americans simply because they're black?
edit on 1/16/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Deflection, if black ppl just stop doing this if black ppl just stop doing that, makes no difference when you are going about your own business and some cop roll up on you get overly aggressive and kill you in the process, plus what about the all white on white crimes, each group commits crimes against ppl they are closest to, some at a higher number some at a lower number depending even on different communities which involve the same so-called race or I should say social race.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

As I stated, the number of black people being killed by police are TINY, using that as an excuse is totally ridiculous, especially since more whites are killed by police than blacks. And you talk about white on white crime, again, that number is TINY compared to blacks, just another excuse. And you didn't even respond to my point about Asian Americans, they do better in the USA than whites! Why do you think that is, is the USA pro-Asian? Of course not, it's because they take responsibility for themselves, keep their families together, and value education. If you do those things, you will be fine in America, no matter what your skin color. No excuses needed.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Africans in America ex Nigerians do better than whites, you are looking past what I posted and moving on to something else, what I am talking about has been going on in Black communities before cams were everywhere, but ppl causally dismissed it then as some are attempted to do so now, and I am saying unarmed Black ppl getting killed stopped and frisked for no reason is decades deep, matter of fact in NYC it has been found that more white were likely to have contraband on them when stopped and frisked but the harassment of Black and Latinos is at a much higher rate, the Asian American experience is the Asian American experience, the African American is the African American experience, different histories different problems.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Kap was once a rising star in the entertainment genre we know as the NFL.... He almost grabbed the brass ring of becoming a SB champion...

Kap is a shining example of the compassion of most of the folks in the US, adopted, raised & afforded opportunities to excel despite being a child of color....

But, no... that's not what we hear.. we hear a false protest based on a FALSE premise that race relations in the US have degraded.. urged on.. further dividing us.....

Get a grip folks, their are those IN POWER WHO MAINTAIN POWER only if RACE DIVIDE exists....

Don't be a fool and fall for their games, those folks in power think so LITTLE of US ALL to think that this will work....

Be better than those who race bait... from ANY SIDE of the EQUATION...

We are better than that, despite TPTB who think they can play US....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join