It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel and Zuckerberg on Hot Mic Discussing Censoring Posts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

In germany, there was an investigation, it´s only the not so educated and mostly younger citizens.

Can you give any more details about that? It mirrors my experience but I´d like to have something in my hands, for the next time a facebookianer is all upset why I´m not partaking in this (while not being the real reason but for jokes)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MetisCougar

I don't like Facebook either but have choice but to use it, all my family and friends use it,

Dont mean to sound condescending but how old are you? Ever heard of picking up the phone and having a real conversation?
You do realize that short posts on facebook or twitter can never convey the same dynamics and tones of a real conversation of a face to face or phone connection?

Did you communicate in class with your teacher via face book or face to face? You seemed to survived that.
I dont facebook and I'm just fine. My important friends and family communicate face to face or through email or phone.

Put another way...if your car is in the mechanics you would use public transport or uber or taxis. The world will not end. What the big deal. Are you laid up in hospital with only a laptop and facebook?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

If anything, the German people should be questioning why their government is talking to Facebook about this.

If anything people should be questioning why they are on facebook to begin with. Critical thinking doesn't hurt that much.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I never trusted that little prick.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

3/4 of the world has a FB page and it has become a very powerful medium especially with the younger generation, combine FB censoring with the attack on *fake news* and you have a very small group of people controlling the narrative. If I believed those in control had our best interests at heart it might be OK but they clearly do not.

Controlling the narrative is power. If those people representing 3/4 of the world used Faceplant for news on the recent Ft. Lauderdale airport attack, they wouldn't have found it. I signed on three times in 36 hours and that story NEVER ONCE showed up in my trending news feed. Not once.

That is usual and customary for that social application. But despite not "liking" or joining entertainment or sport stars' pages, that's all I see in my trending "news" feed... dumbed down garbage, and stories about lefties such as Rosie O'Donnell and Alec Baldwin.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MetisCougar

You do have a choice. I am in the same situation with family and friends. They all understand I will never have a facebook account for the reasons most here understand. Those that want me in their lives (true friends and family) ensure they communicate with me in other ways...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm not 'racist' , I'm a 'Concernist'

This should be passed around on Facebook & Twitter.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

There is a significant difference between stopping propaganda and shutting down opinion.
Some racist redneck complaining about brown people is not the same as a *trusted* news network deliberately spewing garbage to sway public opinion.

3/4 of the world has a FB page and it has become a very powerful medium especially with the younger generation, combine FB censoring with the attack on *fake news* and you have a very small group of people controlling the narrative.
If I believed those in control had our best interests at heart it might be OK but they clearly do not.

Yeah the age old system .... catch them young and indoctrinate them, before

they get the chance to develop a mind of their own ..... discouraging critical

thinking

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
There´s no sense in censoring because the majority of the people, in my experience, very well knows that we have problems with the refugees, especially north africa. Although, if this is true, shows another facette´ with this move. Neonazis have a pretty big platform on facebook, I know somebody, although not a neonazi / racist in common, falls very often for crap like you would read on beforeitsnews, that´s the danger with it. Reason to censor? Hell no! If we start that, who decides what to censor (rhetorical question)?

As I understand it the German media/press is forbidden in reporting on the various

problems caused by immigrants, a virtual blackout of *real news* therefor

stifling the truth from coming out

Although the press/media has been contained by Merkel, it is not enough otherwise

WHY would Merkel be discussing with Zuckerberg anti immigrant face book posts

and deleting anything portraying Germany's immigrants in a negative light

edit on 16-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

if people knew all the things that facebook was doing,they probably wouldn`t use it.
it`s the fact that they need to be deceptive and fraudulent in order to keep users/customers, that`s the problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Do people still use Facebook ?
Zuckerberg can censor what he wants his website is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like Zuckerberg got all Mashugga!!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Facebook will go the way of Mysapce and Yahoo as the world grows.

Facebook was and is a Fad!

If you used friendster, myspace, ICQ, yahoo, AOL, geocities, anglefire you understand how the internet works, fads push the motivation of the internet and as people grow and technology does, once we have Augmented Reality goggles you won't use your smartphone as much, because you'll always be connected to your home and others.

What really is facebook that you need it so much?

You have a phone, email, cars, cards, other sites and that will only grow as well.

We will look back at this time in history and laugh at all the information we just " give " away, when the new fad will be to sell your info.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetisCougar

I don't like Facebook either but have choice but to use it, all my family and friends use it, we all know that all Facebook accounts are monitored by HLS, CIA, FBI and every other letter of the alfibet in the US. I believe the owner of the Company should have the right to decide what is placed on his or her site.

It might work the opposite way too. I was only on Facebook for contact with family, but after the changes that Facebook had made in controlling and censoring content, along with many others things about the site that I just didn't like, I contacted all my family and friends and told them that I was deactivating my account.

For several weeks I didn't hear much from anyone but it is wonderful to be getting, home calls and texts from the majority of my family and friends again. In fact, several of them now have also dumped Facebook.

Word of warning though. There are a few communication apps, Marco Polo being the problem at the moment, that will hijack your contact list and send bogus invites to everyone on your contact list. My darling and electronically inept niece, downloaded the Marco Polo Walkie Talkie app. It took every name, including the photos, off of her phone and sent invites to everyone on the list without her being aware. So of course when my sister got an invite from me, which I never sent, she downloaded the app and sent me an invite.

I don't download anything I don't know anything about, so on researching it, found out it is a spam app that steals your information, but I found out some really other spooky information about the app that someone might want to do a thread about.

She was shocked, though admitted that she shouldn't have been, because her husband told her, it sounds suspicious, because I was not likely to send her something to download without talking to her about it, but she said since she had gotten an invite from both me and mother, she thought it was safe. It wasn't. It was just that both me and mother were on my nieces contact list.

Social media in all of its forms is suspect. I don't trust any of it anymore. I tread softly and suggest a Faraday cage or box. A portable one if you can get one.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

You´re not wrong when you think there is some gag order. People in the town near my place went nuts because the local media only reported romantic stories how they enrich our society, but blatantly ignored and underreported the things (fights with weapons, destruction, vandalism, robbery, rape inside the refugee center and outside) going on there. Although I´m not saying this order came from merkel, but the town major is in the same party so...

It was better for a while, now it´s silence again.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Do people still use Facebook ?
Zuckerberg can censor what he wants his website is irrelevant.

I was about to say this.

Sure, young people have a FB, but they don't use it the same as older people that are 35+.

Young people use Snapchat or WhatsApp (which btw is compromised so change your passwords people).

Facebook is something "you just keep around" because everyone has it. The only people who seem to post regularly on it are older people. It's not instant enough or fast enough for the microscopic attention spans of today's youth.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

And yet everyone keeps using facebook.

Blah blah lead blah a horse to blah blah water.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: plaindoughnut

Bingo! If folks don't sign up then they go out of business.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Young people use Snapchat or WhatsApp (which btw is compromised so change your passwords people).

The communication apps come and go so fast because they are frequently used in the execution of crimes. The Cyber Division of most Sexual Abuse Response Teams are kept very busy trying to track down, and trying to stop the crimes before too many young people get hurt. The problem is that they don't usually learn about them until someone is hurt after using one.

When I ask the victims, "Didn't you know that those apps are dangerous?" I always get the response, "Yeah, but I didn't think it would happen to me."

I don't understand how young people who are supposed to be so smart, keep allowing themselves to be pulled into these traps. I don't understand why they think they are so much smarter or special in some way that is going to prevent them from being a victim, even when educated and warned about the dangers.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

It is not a private company. It is a publicly traded stock.

en.wikipedia.org...

A little info.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join