It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn I feel old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Skid Mark

Tell me which wrestler's moves you did and I'll tell you if you're old

Last Tuesday at the ripe young age of 50, I was messing around with my 17 year old son showing him a couple of martial arts moves and had him in various head, arm and leg locks...

I was feeling pretty impressed with myself and thinking I was still pretty agile until I noticed our bloody kitten pissing in a corner next to the TV... My son profited from this occassion and caught me out... and as I (in slow motion) fell to the floor I heard a loud crack and excrutiating pain...

Result : Broken Fibula and 45 days in plaster with cripes knows how many days of physio...

Dragging myself upstairs on my arse to go to the bog and hobbling around on a pair of crutches is not fun...

I feel old right now...

Warmest

Lags
edit on 16-1-2017 by Lagomorphe because: urghhhh....

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well I became an uncle when I was 5 years old! Now I'm a great uncle and praying my daughters let me become gray before I take extended naps in the lazyboy..haha.

Time does fly. I usually think of everything I've done and can remember and that took awhile. Then statistically I figure I have another twenty to thirty years to go so it kinda of gives me encouragement that there is still more on the horizon in my life.

Just my 2 pennies.

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 16 Jan 2017 04:20:02 -06001amMondayth04am by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

, "cherish them now because they grow-up fast!" Holy #, isn't that the truth! All those sayings like "It's later than you think" and "life is short" has a lot of truth to it. What's weird is once you reach your 50's,

Thats so true. A lot to be said for taking a 2nd and 3rd wife and having more kids to stay "young". However that would mean retraining the new wives to put up with my idiosyncrasies. Too much hard work and money to reinvest. Its ok if yo're Mick Jagger though with a few hundred million in the bank

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
Holy crap! Are you okay? How is your son? Is he feeling bad about it still?

a reply to: EternalShadow
That must be weird/cool having a niece or nephew that's near your age.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: WeRpeons

, "cherish them now because they grow-up fast!" Holy #, isn't that the truth! All those sayings like "It's later than you think" and "life is short" has a lot of truth to it. What's weird is once you reach your 50's,

Thats so true. A lot to be said for taking a 2nd and 3rd wife and having more kids to stay "young". However that would mean retraining the new wives to put up with my idiosyncrasies. Too much hard work and money to reinvest. Its ok if yo're Mick Jagger though with a few hundred million in the bank

I would love to have a pretty, young wife.
My dear old wife would kill me for wasting so much of her time, though.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Heh, my dad was wrestling with my cousin back in the day. My aunt was divorced so my dad and my grandfather were the big male role models in the cousins' lives, and dad got to do the father/son rough-housing. Anyhow, while they were wrestling, my dad ended up breaking my cousin's thumb.

Of course, this is the same cousin who went wading barefoot in a crick by himself and stepped on debris of some sort and lacerated his foot down to the bone. Had to flag down a passing car for help to get to a hospital.

So he was somewhat accident prone.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I found some good news out during the New Years holiday. My nephew's girlfriend is pregnant. I'm going to be a great uncle. I feel really old. I remember when he was four and living with me. I'd do wrestling moves on him and we'd play. Now he's old enough to suplex me lol. Time flies.

Just think Skid, you can teach your new nephew/niece old wrestling moves!

I know what chronological age I am however I just can't quite bring myself to act accordingly or according to what seems to be appropriate for most folks around my area.

They say you are only as old as you feel and I feel very young so...

I became an aunt the moment I was adopted...that was a lot of fun when I was young for my nephew (10+ years my senior) to introduce me as his aunt. His Mother will be 83 this year!
edit on 16-1-2017 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I'm much to beat up for that lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Be sure to teach them about when wrestling was *real*. Dusty Roads, Macho Man Randy Savage, Million Dollar Man Ted Debiasi, Hacksaw Jim Dougan. They did such a good job acting their part, you almost didn't notice the pulled punches and fake kicks. (but don't ever call it fake, or they will choke slam you)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Be sure to teach them about when wrestling was *real*. Dusty Roads, Macho Man Randy Savage, Million Dollar Man Ted Debiasi, Hacksaw Jim Dougan. They did such a good job acting their part, you almost didn't notice the pulled punches and fake kicks. (but don't ever call it fake, or they will choke slam you)

Jimmy Snuka died yesterday (off topic sure), never will know, for certain, if he was guilty of murder.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Will do lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I would love to have a pretty, young wife. My dear old wife would kill me for wasting so much of her time, though.
a reply to: ezramullins

That's what I thought too... my wife is a year younger than my oldest son. And now I have two little ones as well. And 5 grandkids...

It's hard to do it all again, especially when you find out that the grass aint greener and what you thought it would be like being married to a "young" woman turns out to be a fantasy. I am in the exact same spot I was 20-30 years ago only now I am old...

Who mentioned rotator cuff a while ago? I just had mine surgically re-attached 2 months ago after a video game accident... embarrassing, and talk about making you feel old. Now I find myself in physical therapy a couple times a week with a bunch of really old people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join