It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, why it didn't take over Asia and Africa.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
So I came across the question of Christianity by countries/continents. Africa has a very sizable amount of the worlds christian population in it. Asia... not so much.

Christianity by country

Europe 565,560,000[4]
Latin America and the Caribbean 531,280,000[4]
Africa 516,470,000 [4]
Asia 285,120,000[4]-375,905,000[2]
North America 266,630,000[4]
Oceania 25,754,000[144]
Middle East-North Africa 12,000–16,000 [145]

Fun Fact. There are more Christians than Muslims in Africa.

Middle East / North Africa looks like a bit of a typo - Middle East / North Africa is more like 12-16 Million.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If I recall my history correctly, there were some of the Mongol tribes who were Nestorian Christian during the times of the Khans. When they conquered China, the Church of the East was reintroduced to during the Yuan dynasty. And under Mongkhe Khan the primary religious influence was Christian.

And there are legends about a figure named Prester John (possibly Toghrul) who came out of the East (Mongolia) during the Crusades to become a leader.

Yup the mongols didn't care who you worshipped as long as you prayed fir the kahns long life and success a "religious insurance policy if you will.."

The mongols were never 100% sure they had the religion thing 100% right , so the more prayers the better.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
That was an odd read. Religion has always been political-violent, greedy, cruel. It's used to control the masses through fear.

Christianity has a sour past and present. Missionaries are especially concerning.

If first world countries really cared about third world countries, we would help them directly-not through our corrupt government or the dirty UN or any religious cult. Think Doctors Without Borders.

Yup even mother Teresa would let you stave and die if you wouldn't convert.

And she lost faith at the end.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: makemap

I'm not good at splicing quotes,

But did you say The Crusades "brought a lot of Christians together." ?!

Lol

Yes, some what during that time. You have Mongol invasion and Islam invasion.

One of the Mongol Princes was Christian. Sorhatanni, mother to both Kublai Khan and Mongkhe Khan (as well as Arik-Boke) was a Christian (as well as one of the most remarkable women to ever live). Hulegu and Kitbuqa held Christian mass inside mosques (before burning them). I could go on........

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Other than northern Africa, every african I have known (and its a bunch, north of 100) has been very devout 7th day adventist. We have a large population of Kenyan's that live here, and I know a family of Nigerians. They are all seventh day adventist.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Just for the record, Nigeria is roughly 45-50% Christian, 45-50% Muslim, and 1-10% other religions. The reason for the discrepancies is because both the Muslims and the Christians regularly exaggerate their numbers (and accuse the other of exaggerating their numbers). They do this because the federal allocation of funds and representation is dependent on it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Christianity worked great in Scandinavia, all white.

The Northern Europeans seems to be the ones most isolated compare to Eastern and Western. Must be the weather.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Just read the title and posted.. Africa has a massive Christian population.

Not, complaining, but the Tribes are not.
They are only Christians due to Europe colonization and suppression since Black Slave trade.

en.wikipedia.org...

If it weren't for the UN, Christian churches wouldn't be there.
www.christianmission-un.org...

Before the UN you had Monarchs competing for power. So are you saying the Zulus and Egyptians were Christians before?

Most of the time it was forced. People lose their religious believes and cultural practices due to war and being conquered. So they have to find some way to be good in faith. All the West had was Christianity. The East was Buddhism. Middle East was Islam even though most Islamic was forced convert due to Islamic Empire.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Outside of wealty people doing business here, i've had no occasion to know (or at least know that I know) a person who practiced Islam.

The wealthy people would do just about whatever they wanted other than eat pork. They were religiously secular and culturally Muslim.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Before the UN you had Monarchs competing for power. So are you saying the Zulus and Egyptians were Christians before?

(Facepalm) Actually yes, the Egyptians had Christianity long before the UN. Are you aware of the Coptic Christians, when they were founded, and who founded them? I'll give you a hint: It's one of the original Apostles Mark & it was founded roughly 280 years before the first Council of Nicaea 42 AD. Yeah...

And before you respond, please do some real historical research. For example, do you know who "Menelik I" is, what the Solomonic Dynasty is, and how it relates to this topic? Going by the actual facts, Christianity is a North African and Western Asian religion that was adopted by and altered by Europe. It's actually a bit sad how little people know about this entire branch of history.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Muslims are like every other religious practitioners. Some are very strict in our observance, while others are very lenient w/it. And some are non-practicing altogether, which basically means they agree with some of the core beliefs but don't do anything beyond that. So there's a good chance you know a lot of other Muslims, too.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I tale that back....the calll center in wyoming. We had a employees there studying at UW

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you study Christianity over the centuries, it has ebbs and flows. Nations and people embracing the good news of the gospel and being transformed and others allowing their love to run cold and forsaking their first love and falling into decay. As the wise King Salomon said in Ecclesiastics " There is nothing new under the sun."

Today in China the Communist country is on track to have the largest Christian population in the world by 2030, according to Rodney Pennington who studies religious trends for OMF International.

www.christianpost.com...

Another report claims by 2030 China will outstrip America with the number of churchgoers in its nation.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In North East China Atheism is in danger youtu.be...

I would also like to point out that the mainstream media tend to be silent on Christianity and you have to turn to alternative sources to glean the truth.

Regarding Africa and Christianity as a "white man's religion", just shows me what ignorance that person has of the rich history of Christianity.

For example have a look at the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Otis Moss III writes it "has a longer lineage than the Roman Catholic Church. The majority of Christians are ignorant of/or refuse to acknowledge the Ancient African roots of Christianity. This tradition started out as Jewish/Hebrew (Abrahamic) hundreds of years before Christ and then followed Christ before Paul accepted Jesus! "

The Early Church in Africa written by Dr. John Mbiti outlines the fact that the message of Jesus penetrated Africa before it ever reached Europe. "Christianity in Africa is so old that it can be rightly described as an indigenous, traditional and African religion," says Dr. Mbiti.3
and the assertion that Christianity is the "white man's religion" is neither historically accurate nor currently true. The first African Christians were not American slaves. The Christian heritage in Africa goes all the way back to the days of the Bible itself.

In Nigeria in 1999 there was a revival crusade held in the open air, where 1.5m people made a decision to become a disciple and follower of Jesus Christ. youtu.be...

The Lord is working in Asia and Africa, my own local church is actively involved in outreach into Cambodia Asia and it is one of the nations in Asia where Christianity is growing at a rapid rate.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Christianity has a long history in both continents. The Ethiopian Orthodox and Nestorian churches are two great counter examples.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join