It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, why it didn't take over Asia and Africa.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If your Christian, you better start reading back colonialism history and Christian missionary history to places such as China and Africa.

Not going to give you all the history, but I'm breaking down parts why Christianity survived and failed.

During European colonialism Christianity became corrupt. Nothing but wars in Europe. Christianity served a purpose just like Buddhism or the Red Cross to those who are in need. Christianity is suppose to be more of a peaceful religion and more of a neutral zone between conflicts. Those Governments and leaders started becoming Christians and use churches as a way to infiltrate each other during all those European conflicts(Monarchy). Sure there were the crusades which brought a lot of Christians together. But, Greed has no boundaries.

Christianity only survived because the book is constantly being protect whom had left Europe to America. The British started using Christianity to deceive the Natives and look what happen? Almost completely wiped out. Those who were still Christian in heart had stop that from happening. Same happened in America during the Wild West.

Lets skip for a while. The true reason for this corrupt church thing is because of race. White tends to protect white, yellow protect yellow, black protect black, etc. The greedy ones don't care. They use all kind of means to gain control using religion as a way to dominate then backstabbing the religious people in the back.

Don't get me wrong there is corrupt people from all types of religion. This is either done by infiltration or the good heart were blind enough to accept or protect the bad(in which most cases happened to Christianity). There is a reason why we have judges now.

What happened to China? Boxer Rebellion.
When Europeans start colonizing China. The Christians were peaceful for awhile. But had absolutely no power against their own race which is the European colonizers(militarily). Since Chinese people were slowly converting, some Christians were lucky enough to survive in places such as Hong Kong. But most fought for their own race. This is why the Boxers started attacking Churches as the Churches weren't doing anything against their own corrupt race. Remember white race protect white race. The Christians ended up protecting the corrupt colonizers(the greed). This is a major reason why the Churches were targeted by the Boxers. If you don't learn their culture or language, don't bother going there to live(that is a lesson).

This is why China today despises White Churches because it can be used as spy ring by the West.

The lesson was not learned again until the internet came about.
What happened to Africa?
You got the UN all over Africa with Christian missionaries running around. Mostly American soldiers for resources, etc.
Now you have corrupt rich white people running around and Christians wonder why they are being targeted.

The one main problem with White Christianity living on other lands with other race is that they keep bringing the military over for some reason(European colonizers). This doesn't happen with other religion such as Buddhism, Islam(unless invited over, Germany, Merkel), etc.

Here is an example of bad white people coming over.
en.wikipedia.org...

There is also reason why Canada is more loved than US. They actually investigate and penalize unlike US.

edit on 15-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
If your Christian, you better start reading back colonialism history and Christian missionary history to places such as China and Africa.

Not going to give you all the history, but I'm breaking down parts why Christianity survived and failed.

During European colonialism Christianity became corrupt. Nothing but wars in Europe. Christianity served a purpose just like Buddhism or the Red Cross to those who are in need. Christianity is suppose to be more of a peaceful religion and more of a neutral zone between conflicts. Those Governments and leaders started becoming Christians and use churches as a way to infiltrate each other during all those European conflicts(Monarchy). Sure there were the crusades which brought a lot of Christians together. But, Greed has no boundaries.

Christianity only survived because the book is constantly being protect whom had left Europe to America. The British started using Christianity to deceive the Natives and look what happen? Almost completely wiped out. Those who were still Christian in heart had stop that from happening. Same happened in America during the Wild West.

Lets skip for a while. The true reason for this corrupt church thing is because of race. White tends to protect white, yellow protect yellow, black protect black, etc. The greedy ones don't care. They use all kind of means to gain control using religion as a way to dominate then backstabbing the religious people in the back.

Don't get me wrong there is corrupt people from all types of religion. This is either done by infiltration or the good heart were blind enough to accept or protect the bad(in which most cases happened to Christianity). There is a reason why we have judges now.

When Europeans start colonizing China. The Christians were peaceful for awhile. But had absolutely no power against their own race which is the European colonizers(militarily). Since Chinese people were slowly converting, some Christians were lucky enough to survive in places such as Hong Kong. But most fought for their own race. This is why the Boxers started attacking Churches as the Churches weren't doing anything against their own corrupt race. Remember white race protect white race. The Christians ended up protecting the corrupt colonizers(the greed). This is a major reason why the Churches were targeted by the Boxers. If you don't learn their culture or language, don't bother going there to live(that is a lesson).

This is why China today despises White Churches because it can be used as spy ring by the West.

What happened to Africa?
You got the UN all over Africa with Christian missionaries running around. Mostly American soldiers for resources, etc.
Now you have corrupt rich white people running around and Christians wonder why they are being targeted.

The one main problem with White Christianity living on other lands with other race is that they keep bringing the military over for some reason(European colonizers). This doesn't happen with other religion such as Buddhism, Islam(unless invited over, Germany, Merkel), etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is also reason why Canada is more loved than US. They actually investigate and penalize unlike US.

It did lol..

Like the second largest faction of Christianity is a chinese faction. Lol

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Originally it was the RCC Jesuit order out of France to grace our shores on the East coast of Canada .But the Jesuits had also infiltrated Protestantism . Today the bad guys use NGO's for cover and covert operations

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Christianity worked great in Scandinavia, all white.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Um, I'll take illiteracy for $100, Alex...

-Chris

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I will pray for you

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'm not good at splicing quotes,

But did you say The Crusades "brought a lot of Christians together." ?!

Lol

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

I'm not good at splicing quotes,

But did you say The Crusades "brought a lot of Christians together." ?!

Lol

Yes, some what during that time. You have Mongol invasion and Islam invasion.
edit on 15-1-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So I came across the question of Christianity by countries/continents. Africa has a very sizable amount of the worlds christian population in it. Asia... not so much.

Christianity by country

Europe 565,560,000[4]
Latin America and the Caribbean 531,280,000[4]
Africa 516,470,000 [4]
Asia 285,120,000[4]-375,905,000[2]
North America 266,630,000[4]
Oceania 25,754,000[144]
Middle East-North Africa 12,000–16,000 [145]

Fun Fact. There are more Christians than Muslims in Africa.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
That was an odd read. Religion has always been political-violent, greedy, cruel. It's used to control the masses through fear.

Christianity has a sour past and present. Missionaries are especially concerning.

If first world countries really cared about third world countries, we would help them directly-not through our corrupt government or the dirty UN or any religious cult. Think Doctors Without Borders.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can guess two things - for one, Christianity is present in Africa and Asia. For another, there were already advanced religions being practiced in Asia and in Africa, Islam isn't very friendly towards Christianity - and there were a bunch of Crusades where Christian knights from Europe swept through the Middle-East killing Muslims. I don't know too much about it, but I'm sure the two sides were at war a few times.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There are lots of Christians in Asia and Africa. Maybe you are confused because the way Christianity is practiced in those countries is so much different from the way we think of it, but that doesn't make it any less Christianity.

For example, in the Philippines, they will actually re-enact the crucifixion on Easter with someone actually on a cross.

And for all that everyone rails about fundamentalism in the US, there are aspects of the church in Africa that make it look very tame in the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
First mistake is to make Christianity equate with "White" although many folks have done it and continue to do so, no fault of your own, but it's more complex than that, Christianity found a home in Africa and west Asia before it did in many places in western Europe, among the first Christian nations in Africa, were Axum and the kingdoms of Egypt Nubia, Alawa and Maqurrah.

These Kingdoms with the exception of Egypt were not conquest by force but of dialog and exchange of ideas, as a matter of fact Christian Axum was one of the four recognized super powers of that era, the others being Byzantine Rome, the Persian empire with whom they often duked it out with, the Kingdom of Cathay or China, but for an elephant as the story goes Islam may have never been, as the Axumites invaded Arabia in 520 under Keleb the emperor , they behead the Jewish king Dhu Nuwas, who were hard on Christians in Arabia at that time,..yes Arabia was once Jewish , Christian and animist, the Jews apparently desecrated the Christian alters by crapping on them and burning Christians alive.

Stale of Keleb's conquest of Arabia found not too long ago.
Images From Medieval Christian Africa: www.abovetopsecret.com...
kilk link to this thread made sometime back.

edit on 15-1-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just read the title and posted.. Africa has a massive Christian population.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks for the awesome post. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a second.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Not going to give us all the history?
Why not, dont know it is my guess.
Just judging by what you have written below

Christianity was corrupted at the source, way long before colonial history, the catholic church.
The New Testament describes the church and her corruption in the first century.

Its not just greed, pride and selfishness play a role as well.

Christianity survived because so many died outreaching it to the world.
The bible has never been protected, It was hidden for 1700 years from the world. How is hiding the bible protecting it, your logic is backwards
How you can blame christianity for the indian waars is amazing, greedy europeans grabbing land.

Lets skip, WHY, how longs awhile?
Race causes corruption, I thought it was christianity, or did you say greed, what is it again?
There are many cultures world wide that are mixed races living together, dont project your nations racism as a global issue.

Boxer rebellion was about power.
Yes that annoying biblical teaching that all men (and women ) are equal seriously causes problems in every country, did the same with the peasant revolt in Luthers time.
The wealthy dont like giving up power.
Stupid christian ideal, mankind are equal, isnt it?

The rest of your argument is assumption, I see no evidence

Thought it was communism, thought it despised all religions
But hey, seems you know differently

"the government protects what it calls "normal religious activity," defined in practice as activities that take place within government-sanctioned religious organizations and registered places of worship."
en.wikipedia.org...

What happened to Africa?

If you think Africas problems are based on christianity, you better offer a better argument than that slop

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously are you saying, budhism and Hinduism are not violent, that Muslims are not, seriously.

You are North American, your whole premise can be dismissed as ignorance

Lets look at atheism and how her message is spread...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just so everyone knows, Christianity and Islam are by far the 2 largest religions on the African continent. Even a quick wikipedia search would show that those 2 religions make up something like 45% and 40% of all Africans EACH lol (HERE & HERE).

Another funny thing that people overlook. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't virtually everything in the Old Testament happen in Africa and Asia? And virtually everything that happened in the New Testament also happened in Africa and Asia. Look on a map where Egypt, Israel, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Canaan, Cush/Kush, Sheba, Persia, the Philistines, Libya/Put, etc were located. In fact, Ethiopia is mentioned by name many times in the Bible (HERE). In fact, look at Genesis 2 and read its descriptions of the Garden of Eden and the 4 rivers that supposedly flowed from it. Where are they again?

I'll leave it with this. Can you guess how many different Semitic languages there are in Ethiopia? Their official language is also a Semitic language, though I'm guessing most people here haven't heard of it. There's a wikipedia page to help you out, but I won't link to it because I don't wanna.

edit on 16-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Christian Nubia also took part in the crusades, and for a very longtime after that, western Christians held out hope that, a great Christian king from the east would come to their rescue, he was known as prester John , this off course they were imagining Axum which was probably well into decline by then although locally still very powerful, this ironically led to early European travels and explorations, to seek contact with Prester John, them being hemmed in on all sides by expansionist Islam and the Mongols.

There are also many Christian saints of African origins and three popes.

St Maurice 12th cent Germany, Europe's first Christian knight, said to be from upper Egypt during pagan Roman era and occupation, he and his troops under his command were sent to Germany to put down a rebellion, on discovering that they faced fellow Christians, they refused to killed them, they were offered many chances to follow orders and in the end faced decimation, from him it is said that later Knights modeled themselves.

Of the three African popes of the early church two were sometimes shown to be black, although one should be careful of drawing absolute conclusion either way, what it does show however is Africans were no strangers or merely exotic to the early foundation of the Church and may have been as integral part of it as they were/is to Islam it's main global competitor.

This drawing of a Congolese Knight in late medieval Portugal, the Congo was not always the heart of darkeness, reported as such by late European explorers, it once had a very urban and comparatively advanced civilization, they exchanged embassies with Portugal as equals and had their representatives at the Vatican, Christianity was adopted by elites, these then began to spread their Christian ideals to folks not wanting it.

The Congolese elites at mass with cappuccine priest, these began to persecute non Christians or animist first within their borders and then other kingdoms, such as the Angolans, who struck back with such devastation that the thriving Congolese began to decline and break-up into petty kingdoms and chieftainships , in this slavery and slave trading on a mass scale began to be develop, instability became the norm for centuries, we can only describe this as a dark age.
But Christianity never died out there, some Africans taken from this area to be enslaved in America were already Christians on arrival and could read and write in Latin script.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So, long story short, Ops talks out of his/her arse and the only real thing to be taken from the misinformation is basically, "white people! amirite?!! "

Cool story OPs. Tell me more about what the voices are saying in your head.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If I recall my history correctly, there were some of the Mongol tribes who were Nestorian Christian during the times of the Khans. When they conquered China, the Church of the East was reintroduced to during the Yuan dynasty. And under Mongkhe Khan the primary religious influence was Christian.

And there are legends about a figure named Prester John (possibly Toghrul) who came out of the East (Mongolia) during the Crusades to become a leader.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join