It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of ATS, Please USA.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
How's life in Yugoslavia?

Oh boy, I have some bad news for you dear...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Sounds like you are repeating the process,no one is forcing you to read their thread,you have many options,more people in the world other then you,many post I just pass by

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

It just occurred to me that the rest of the membership may have to put up with 4 years of bickering about this last election and frankly it was already annoying a couple of weeks ago.

You've been here since 2013 and you found it "annoying a couple of weeks ago". Its been annoying since at least Sept 2016.

But I concur with your plea.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I have relatives in the US. Back in the 1990s it was cool to go visit them, hang out in California. The last time I was down? geographically it's a beautiful place but honestly, I was surprised how stupid the local population was. I've met and known folks from aroundda the country but unfortunately the free Thinkers seem to be the minority.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ATS for what she is - a living fluid entity

I was assimilated into the Hive many moons ago -

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

They did. This is it..

I thought the same myself but too ? to state the obvious. Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I. Signed up a few years ago. After about 5 years of "lurking" seriously though,.click on
"New topics" and the majority is: Trump Trump Trump.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
So please folks, this is not the place to legitimately express your opinion. Contact your local representative, or get out in the street and protest! But please stop clogging up ATS with meamingles little stories about meaningless little politicians.

This happened here with the 2012 and 2008 elections. I watched it.

If you are not willing to make a thread on the topic you wish to discuss why should someone else do it for you? Take a shot, start something new, worst that can happen is that it is not politics.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh well. We are still an American enterprise and most members are American. Sooooooo.kind of it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

97 posts in three years appears that you're not spending much time here to begin with. So what's the beef? Just keep doing what you've been doing.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Pretending that our opinions matter. Lol
Doesn't it though?
Just for grins and giggles..
Are you saying the USA is not the most influential country on the planet? Because you'd be wrong.

Oh and surprise you are not everybody else on the planet nor do you speak for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Also as an American, I am tired of the left/right bickering here. We are all swimming in it. One can only hope for it to die down in a few weeks. But this I doubt will be the case here on ATS.

I'm being serious here. The right isn't doing anything but responding to the left. If the left would quit all the BS, the "Illegitimate President" crap, the making up of fake news, the leaking from inside our intelligence forces, etc., etc...the right (as always) won't be poking at them. But the problem is this...the left never shut up. If they lose, look what happens. When the right loses, there is barely a cry. The left need to grow up, realize they don't get a trophy for losing and that they need to accept our laws, our rules, etc. and be adults.

Speak to them. But...I have a feeling you would be wasting your breath.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I hope you realize that the vast majority of ATS members are American and ATS is run by Americans.

If you don't like the discussion don't get involved. If you don't like the content of the site, find one you do like. But don't come here telling us what we can and can't discuss in order to satiate your needs.

Ain't it always for foreigners coming here and wanting to change things to their preferences?

Sorry...just being a D

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't think that's a very good way to determine how much he is here. I'm on mobile, so I can't see my exact post count, but I'd wager a guess that I have less posts, over a longer period of time (time may be less, I had to make a new account at one point, can't remember exactly when I made this one). I'm here every day. I have a lot of free time at work, this is where I spend it.

As for the OP, I agree with some of the other US members, yes it can get annoying. That being said, this election, and the next four years, can have a trulymajor global impact. There's plenty of tabloid esque threads about him, but there's more filled with actual information. Information that we're better off knowing, rather than appeasing a few members who don't like having to scroll a little bit more to find something they are interested in. However, back to being annoyed, it really irks me when threads that are irrelevant to him/US politics get dragged into the mud.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I generally only post when I have specific questions about a topic or have a topic that I wish to have some input on. I posted this topic because, yes, it's annoying. The fellow in question has yet to take over the job and as such there is zero possible news available as to how good or bad of a job he does. For all the talk of the"left" being in turmoil, it seems like everyone else is equally messed up.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

As to the statement that the US is the most influential country; no it isn't. If one was to fill a room with people, each person representing a country, the drunken loud mouth prick that keeps picking fights with other people would represent the US.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Actually no. I chose regional politics because the US is such a teeny wee #ree, and everyone else on this planet is tired of pretending that your opinion matters.
don't like American politics, don't come to an AMERICAN board, simple.

Then ATS should not bill itself as an international conspiracy theory forum. It does, and unfortunately, it's run by people from a country & culture who are deluded enough to think 300 million people are A Big, Important F'ing Deal to over 6 billion+ others. Now if that's not a good example of Napoleon Syndrome.

As an American, I think it's WAY the hell past time to start taking our international members' suggestions into consideration and start listening. I agree we need a good middle ground compromise, such as bringing back the forum filter. FFS, we got a pets forum after much whining, but we can't have the highly useful forum filter button back despite a clear use for it? Seriously? I used to use the crap out of that, it was awesome and would go a long way in filtering the chaff out. Which is mostly the politics forums, and some more personal choice IDGAF forums (for me, that's the writing forums, DGAF and don't need it on my Recent list, kthx)

So how about instead of lamenting people who are getting sick of the Spoiled American Princess attitude, we make an effort to find a good compromise where both can be happy? Hm? How damn hard is that?
edit on 1/16/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join