It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deep State Goes to War With President-Elect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It will not come as a surprise to most of my compadres here, that if Donald Trump were to have run for Prime Minister of Canada, he wouldn't have gotten my vote. That being said, has anybody noticed that we are being herded into a black and white world with no shades of gray, and no compromise. And just when you figured you've got your ideological ducks in a row...along comes Glenn Greenwald with a perspective that ought to disturb both political camps. Good. It's worth a read, no matter what your political stripe.

The Deep State Goes to War With President-Elect, Using Unverified Claims, as Democrats Cheer The serious dangers posed by a Trump presidency are numerous and manifest....But cheering for the CIA and its shadowy allies to unilaterally subvert the U.S. election and impose its own policy dictates on the elected president is both warped and self-destructive.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good read, thanks. I really think the NWO is sincerely concerned they will soon have a world leader they cannot control and leaders around the world are being put on notice the US will no longer be the doormat of the world. And I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment that all political camps should be worried when the shadow government thinks they should be running things.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Let's be honest, like the rest of the world, we've all had enough of the current state of events.

But democracy, God save the Don.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The most serious immediate danger of a Trump presidency and administration is to the establishment elite career politicians, the global, globalist elite and their interests.

For us common folks, he is our last chance. For THEM he is the sum of all of their fears. And they are pulling out all stops short of assassination to destroy him now.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thank you, Johnny. We truly need to come together on the one thing that most have previously agreed on.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why now, why not before the election; well IMO, it would have given Hillary better odds of being elected, however, it wasn't so.

It's much easier to try an remove Trump from office and keep the control in Republican hands, just have a look at all the headlines.

In my opinion a coup is in effect, one that will see Trump removed from office and control given over to hardliners, neo cons and war hawks.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The most serious immediate danger of a Trump presidency and administration is to the establishment elite career politicians, the global, globalist elite and their interests.

For us common folks, he is our last chance. For THEM he is the sum of all of their fears. And they are pulling out all stops short of assassination to destroy him now.

NO.

"Draining the swamp" to Trump fans = removing poltiicans they don't like, the "do nothings" in congress that allowed the ACA to be passed.

That's not drainging the swamp. The politicians are only there because of the global elite, the richest 50 people on Earth. They serve those people, not the American public.

If we want to "drain the swamp" we must overturn Citizen's United and remove money from politics. When politicians spend 70% of their entire time in office fund raising for their next election, we have a serious problem.

And it's not the politicians by themselves -- it's the people paying them we need to be focused on. People just LIKE TRUMP. People that buy off the government. That is the real swamp.

That's where the infestation is. It's not the paper-pushing bureaucrats in DC, it's their masters we need to be focused on.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Except that he filled his cabinet with Globalist and Globalist Elite

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You can keep believing that and perhaps to an extent there is some truth to it, but these are people that Trump believes he can trust to do the jobs based on their qualifications among other factors, and when he calls on them they will loyally do as he asks. They have to answer to him, he has to answer to us.
edit on 15-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You can keep believing that and perhaps to an extent there is some truth to it, but these are people that Trump believes he can trust to do the jobs based on their qualifications among other factors, and when he calls on them they will loyally do as he asks. They have to answer to him, he has to answer to us.

That's because it is true, remember Goldman Sachs? Yeah....the one Trump lambasted Hillary and Cruz for because they were globalist? The same ones he put in his cabinet? It's not a belief it's a reality

Trump answers to no one he's proven that....not to mention his supporters aren't calling him out on his bs, so why would he need to answer to them?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly.

Leaders lead by example.

And Trump is only doing what he's always done.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I for one will not be surprised if the President elect does not use an executive order to gag the press somehow.

The ease of access to media these days has seen unprecedented levels of crazy with false and unverified rumors flying everywhere. It's all a ruse to confuse and undermine.

While restricting the media would be unconstitutional in the USA, it is done in most other parts of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Same here.

That'll only make his point more clear. He doesn't want anyone who disagrees with him around. He's done that his entire professional career.

Trump has always only employed people that agree 100% with him. He fires anyone who questions him.

A truly wise leader encourages dissenting opinions and values people that see things differently.

Tyrants, despots, dictators and fascists who want to maintain absolute power and control gag the press and control the flow of information to the people.

When the people only hear what the POTUS wants them to hear, the people suffer.

Americans should be up in arms over this. They would be if Obama had tried this. Instead we're seeing a bunch of apologists who think so little of Trump and his ability to fight off his detractors, they're willing to go along with gagging the press.

Is Trump that fragile? I thought he was a big, tough, strong man? He can't handle some weenie journalists? What is this? Is he strong and powerful, or weak and afraid? Trump is afraid of hard questions?

Trump...a weak, small little man puffing up his chest and pretending to be powerful. That's who he's been his entire life. It's an easy image to project when you fire anyone that disagrees with you.

That's not power or strength, that's cowardice.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
It will not come as a surprise to most of my compadres here, that if Donald Trump were to have run for Prime Minister of Canada, he wouldn't have gotten my vote. That being said, has anybody noticed that we are being herded into a black and white world with no shades of gray, and no compromise. And just when you figured you've got your ideological ducks in a row...along comes Glenn Greenwald with a perspective that ought to disturb both political camps. Good. It's worth a read, no matter what your political stripe.

The Deep State Goes to War With President-Elect, Using Unverified Claims, as Democrats Cheer The serious dangers posed by a Trump presidency are numerous and manifest....But cheering for the CIA and its shadowy allies to unilaterally subvert the U.S. election and impose its own policy dictates on the elected president is both warped and self-destructive.
and you only realised this now?
Look, I strongly support the guy, but its possible his vision will fail. I hope not but anything's possible.
But if you were watching any news outlet across the western world the past 8 months, take your pick, you were blasted with anti Trump PROPAGANDA 24/7. Now why would you think this could be? Some of the same people that always liked the man until he was seriously running. Then a total 180 across the board. Told me everything I need to know. He was about to seriously rock the boat. I'm all for it. I don't like la la land, which is where most people get their news. Courtesy of CIA approval, of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask Im no fan of Jeff Sessions AT ALL, but a Global Elite LOL....Ben carson is a Global Elite LOL Those other guys aren't global elites, they are just successful businessmen.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
and you only realised this now?

What I realise and when does not necessarily have any relationship with when I read about it in the paper.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
That was a very informative read.

The way the MSM latched onto something that was not even vetted, and had a multitude of errors, just proves how much "they" are trying to destroy something they don't want. That being said, there are people who still don't see the errors of putting out false information and still have a hard time letting go.

Now it's up to the people to keep things just and centered. It's our job to make sure any elected official stays true to his/her word. It's the power of the people that keeps leaders in check. We still have a great responsibility ahead of us no matter who won. Even the greatest minds of the Constitutional Convention knew that the people had to keep things in check and gave them resources to do so.

Let's not let anyone take the people's power away.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I think we're all well beyond politics now. We keep looking for normal, and it's nowhere to be found. The left wants to understand what the hell just happened and is grasping at straws (myself included)

The right thinks it's elected a savior and sees any and all opposition as some kind of existential threat - to the point where they're willing to do away with a free and competitive press, and who knows what all else

The Deep State is powerful, but not supernatural

There are solutions to Trump. They involve reasoned strategizing and patient focus on issues people actually care about. Whatever those solutions are, venerating the intelligence community, begging for its intervention, and equating its dark and dirty assertions as Truth are most certainly not among them. Doing that cannot possibly achieve any good and is already doing much harm.

I agree with you that there's not much grey left - and there's definitely panic in the air. I'm not sure Greenwald is being as objective as he pretends

I wonder how long it takes to rearrange some key things in our democracy so that we the people no longer have any actual leverage. I wonder who is loyal to who (rather than what?). I wonder if we'll be having elections in 4 years

Maybe Trump never did collude with Russia, maybe Russia isn't trying to tip the scales in Europe, maybe we should just stop worrying about all of it. The cold war is over - but I keep thinking about peaceful protests in secular Syria a few years ago - and all that's come after

Maybe I'll just pay my taxes, march in a few protests - and hope everything goes back to normal :-)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Very interesting, thanks for posting it. As an outsider to the USA looking in, it all seems like a game. There is so much excitement about whose team 'won' and whose team 'lost', that the political processes for ordinary people seems to be getting lost along the way.
He raises a good point about the fake news tactic, as crying wolf, so that when journalists do report on something that we should all be aware of, they can be dismissed easily. But he raises a better point about the CIA, who seem to be above the law, and how much unchallenged power they wield.

The serious dangers posed by a Trump presidency are numerous and manifest. There is a wide array of legitimate and effective tactics for combating those threats: from bipartisan congressional coalitions and constitutional legal challenges to citizen uprisings and sustained and aggressive civil disobedience. All of those strategies have periodically proven themselves effective in times of political crisis or authoritarian overreach.

Maybe it's too soon, maybe the fog is still too thick, but Americans will slowly recognise that these are the ways forwards. They will take a united America to achieve them, and so hopefully the left/right rifts will heal in time and the people can claim their country back from the unelected elite that have slipped into place.

Primo Levi put it better than I can:

“Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions.”

edit on 16-1-2017 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Does anyone think that the 'dodgy dossier' on Trump was quite possibly a sleight of hand from the world of unified global spycraft, a real-life James Bond thrill ride (complete with spies in hiding due to apparent assassination threats/ risks falling from on high) designed to completely distract us from the darker allegations of (& apparent evidence for) rampant, persistent, utterly sadistic paedophilia in the midst of a degenerate dark carnival of thrill-seeking amongst the high-power politicos in the US (& apparently elsewhere in the world). This is not isolated to the USA, apparently. It all appears to issue forth in the shadows, according to some contemporary template for occult activity being implemented under the guiding hand of the 'Supreme Council of 300 reincarnating vampiric Satanic world rulers/ Archons'..? I'm referring to the demi-gods whose spirits were trapped here following the War in Heaven, but who yet maintain some control over the destiny of Humanity.

Which is all perfectly plausible, if you've read up on your ancient history, religion, mythology, cultic practice & magickal doctrine.

* drops the mike - exits stage left *

top topics

<<   2 >>

join