It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Advisers consider banning and relocating press from the White House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Nothing says freedom and the American way like banning the press you don't agree with from the White House. Why didn't I see Trump was such a freedom loving American until now?

For the Right to constantly harp on the Constitution they seem ready to trash it, especially the 1st.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Rigging polls, lies, green screens etc....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Is a good idea but rest assure that the fake media CNN and their cohorts will turn this into a battle against free media rights

I predicted this already.

Just watch out for it.

They probably will. Trump will attack back. Calling it slander and propaganda

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I see no real reason to have a news corp at the White House. If the POTUS has something to say. There are other ways to get the information out to the public. For instance YouTube.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I see no real reason to have a news corp at the White House. If the POTUS has something to say. There are other ways to get the information out to the public. For instance YouTube.

Trump favors Twitter. Like most teenage girls.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Reminder:

This is NOT the Mud Pit forum.

Posters should keep that in mind when posting comments in this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
This hilarious. The great negotiator can't get along with anyone.

But you see, part of the art of negotiation is to very clearly communicate where you "draw the line", and to make it very clear to the other side that if they try to push you over that line you are prepared to break off negotiations and to walk away.

Trump, now that he has been elected President, is making it very clear to an openly hostile MSM that he is not going to tolerate partisan commentators who are masquerading as journalists, who bash everything he tries to do, who further the Left's agenda of labelling him as an "ist" of every conceivable kind, overtly attempt to delegitimize his Presidency, and run with fake (or unvetted, or misleading) news.

CNN found out the other day, that he is prepared to restrict or cut off access to them (ironically perhaps, just like Obama did to Fox News), if they are going to continue to engage in trash journalism and sensationalism.

I think it makes perfect sense to move the Press to a facility outside of the White House...then they can ask "pretty please" if they want to come to the White House to meet with Administration Staff about the issues of the day.

A free Press is a necessary counterbalance to power, but just like there are limits to Free Speech, the Press needs to be fair and unbiased when reporting the news - and whomever, or whatever organization, does not conduct itself in this manner, should not continue to be given free reign (of course Political Commentators, and "declared" pundits are entitled to take unbalanced positions - this is quite different from reporting the news).

I stopped watching CNN (for the most part) about halfway through the Primary season, when I watched/endured a panel discussion (hosted by Anderson Cooper) consisting of 8 people. Jeffrey Lord (a Trump supporter at a time when everybody was still chuckling about his chances, and making daily predictions about "the beginning of the end" for Trump), and 7 people openly and vocally hostile to Republicans in general - and Trump to the tenth power. I have no idea how Lord was able to sit there and take the thrashing that he did from all sides...

Anyway, IMHO, Trump needs to temper his, well, temper a bit - but the Press needs to make an attempt to find the center of the political discourse (after all, the Country is pretty evenly split right now - with upwards of maybe 150-160 million people who solidly support Trump), or they should not act all shocked and dismayed when Trump does not really feel like giving them direct access.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

If they do relocate the press I'm glad. If nothing else this election has shown everyone (no matter where your opinion fell on any of the candidates) that these days the mainstream media is more about twisting stories to their station owner's own political agendas rather than reporting facts without bias. Whatever happened to unbiased, ethical reporting of the facts? It seems the only places it exists anymore is in alternative media- and it is even a rarity there!

What do you consider to be an unbiased alternative media organization?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The cognitive dissonance is appalling. You claim that we "need some new honest independent" media and you call for the White House to bring about this change by what? Waging a war with the media and selectively promoting or punishing media outlets based on how favorable the coverage of the administration is?

Clearly you do NOT want independent media — the government approving the press is the antithesis of independentyou want authoritarian control over the media.

Just FYI - the guy there now just did that and worse. Just calling it out as the Obama administration openly favored and openly pushed away media outlets.

Obama's Attacks on Journalists are Worst Since Nixon: Report goes on to detail how NSA revelations have made journalists and sources petrified even to speak with one another for fear they are being surveilled.

www.alternet.org...

It's hardly news that the Obama administration is intensely and, in many respects, unprecedentedly hostile toward the news-gathering process. Even the most Obama-friendly journals have warned of what they call "Obama's war on whistleblowers". James Goodale, the former general counsel of the New York Times during its epic fights with the Nixon administration, recently observed that "President Obama wants to criminalize the reporting of national security information" and added: "President Obama will surely pass President Richard Nixon as the worst president ever on issues of national security and press freedom."

Still, a new report released today by the highly respected Committee to Protect Journalists - its first-ever on press freedoms in the US - powerfully underscores just how extreme is the threat to press freedom posed by this administration.

Fox News reporter was accused in an affidavit for one of those subpoenas of being 'an aider, abettor and/or conspirator' of an indicted leak defendant, exposing him to possible prosecution for doing his job as a journalist. In another leak case, a New York Times reporter has been ordered to testify against a defendant or go to jail."

And of course, Fox News....

- Obama Says Fox Is Entirely Devoted To "Attacking My Administration", June 16, 2009, CNBC's "Closing Bell"

- Obama Calls Fox News "Destructive", October 14, 2010, Rolling Stone Magazine

- Obama Takes A Shot At Fox News Owner Rupert Murdoch, May 10, 2011, Speech In El Paso, Texas on Immigration Reform

- Obama Hits Fox News For Making "Compromise" A "Dirty Word", January 27, 2013, The New Republic

- Obama Blames Fox For Benghazi and IRS Scandals, February 2, 2014, Interview With Bill O'Reilly

- Obama Hits Fox News For Obamacare Criticism, October 2, 2014, Obama's Speech At Northwestern University

- Obama Hits Fox News for Anti-Poverty Narrative May 12, 2015, Remarks by the President in Conversation on Poverty at Georgetown University

- Obama Takes A Shot At Fox News For Allegedly Covering Him Unfairly, September 20, 2015, Remarks by the President at the Congressional Black Caucus 45th Annual Phoenix Awards Dinner

- Obama Claims "Certain Televisions Stations" Distort His Position On Guns, October 27, 2015, Speech at the 122nd International Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Conference

- Obama Blames Fox News For Making Him "Seem Scary", November 5, 2015, The New York Review of Books

- Obama Blames Fox News For "Balkanization Of The Media", November 3, 2016, Real Time With Bill Maher

- Obama Blames Fox News For Election Loss, November 29, 2016, Rolling Stone Magazine

edit on 15-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Of course it is all about seating, not about stifling freedom of the press. They would be moving to the White House conference centre, actually allowing more media access.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Why does it matter where the press is located at? I mean, why is it so important to have it within the white house itself? It seems like they would have more space to work in the conference center next door. Wouldn't it be a win/win for everyone?

I would say it's a statement of intent that their BS is not going to be tolerated and they will not get a seat in "his house"...

A majority of MSM has been so discredited these last few years if I had the power I would do the same, they run with absurd stories that are down right lies (knowingly), they refuse to report on certain events and or twist said events to their own narrative..

Just look at the reporting leading up to the election, Hillary 98% chance of winning, Muslims do not carry out terrorist attacks, giving BLM a platform to bring in social distress to a situation that I was totally unware of (I actually thought race relations in the US where going really well??? Maybe they where???).. The list goes and on...

Nothing is stopping them reporting what they want, it is just they have had the curtain pulled back and the massive dick they where shoving up the public's ass is now in full view...

Lies and BS, well good morning America I am glad to see you are finally finding out what many of us already knew and at least you have someone in the white house that is calling them out I cannot fault that...

RA

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Lets just all quit the bollocks and build a big Ministry of Truth building and headquarter them all there?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hope he revokes CNN's press pass. The network is already circling the drain, this could be the final flush to push that turd through.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
CNN had at least eight reporters at that Trump press conference. Some lackey showed up in the predawn hours and put eight CNN placards on chairs in the front row. Loud mouth rude CNN reporter wasn't called on, but another CNN reporter was. Eight? Seriously?

Move all 250 out of the way and let the business of the people get underway. Are we getting better news, or just news more often?

Call in 15 per day for daily briefings, and rotate the media outlets being represented.

Quality over quantity.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you don't tout the party line then you're an enemy of the state and you will be punished!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
This hilarious. The great negotiator can't get along with anyone.

Yeah, that's why he's already made more deals as a President elect than any President elect before him, eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks Like the way Obama wouldn't answer or appear on Fox, the most trusted news station ? like I said, paybacks a snitch ! I wouldn't let CNN OR MANBC any where near me and I would have my team not do interviews with them, they are fake news.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Nothing says freedom and the American way like banning the press you don't agree with from the White House. Why didn't I see Trump was such a freedom loving American until now?

There is absolutely nothing to agree with how CNN goes about things.

They should blame only themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I looked and can't seem to find a law that says the President/President-Elect has to respond to or be available to the media. If he wants to spend 8 years tweeting and uploading videos that's his business. It all boils down to the media sense of entailment that they are the only ones capable of reporting the news. If the poor media go out of business to bad so sad.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Imagine if talk radio and bloggers had access to the whitehouse press, it would spell the slow death of old media. More press and more transparency is a brilliant move, and the greatest way to balance the media scale.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join