It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Advisers consider banning and relocating press from the White House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Donald Trump may take his feud with the press to a whole new level and kick them out of the White House

Trump created an anti-press agenda around his campaign, often calling journalists "terrible" and the most "dishonest" people he's ever seen. The anger around the news media increased, with many Trump supporters refusing to believe anything the press reported, regardless of the evidence to backup their claims. As reported by The Hill on January 15, Trump is exploring taking his hatred for the press to the next level.

While speaking to Esquire, incoming White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said that "no decision" had been reached, but that "there has been some discussion" about removing the press corps from the actual White House. The Trump Transition team have discussed relocating the press corps to the White House Conference Center, which is located next door.

Another senior advisor spoke to Esquire, and didn't hold his views on the press, referring to them as "the opposition party." "I want 'em out of the building," the offical said, while stating, "We are taking back the press room." During last week's press conference, Donald Trump openly clashed with CNN's Jim Acosta, refusing to allow him to ask a question, while calling the network "fake news."The former host of "The Apprentice" will be sworn into office on Friday on #Inauguration Day, and only time will tell how he handles the media and press moving forward.
us.blastingnews.com... tml

www.independent.co.uk... l
thehill.com...

I'm all for it. Get the fake news out. We also need some new honest independent press channels to replace CNN

edit on 15-1-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Couldnt happen to a more deserving bunch.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The upside to relocating the press corp means more room for media outlets. Right now its dominated by like 7 trans national corporations.

Secondly its about time someone in power starts holding media accountable.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We don't need the press when The Don has Twitter.

Nothing brightens my day more than when my phone dings and its another unskillfully worded rant from the man himself.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This hilarious. The great negotiator can't get along with anyone.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It has finally bitten them on the arse..

The absurdity that a reporter "has to find a story" has lead to all this, I am in my 30s now was there ever a time when the news org's simply stated the facts? I must say re watching news reports from the UK from say 25 years ago and now seeing how the news is presented is a total joke, serious topics are sidelined for some stupid BS regarding some women with a massive ass and her needy other half...

Personally I say f#ckem, I would guess at this moment in time we have more people asking questions of the press than ever before, and rightly so...

Make them earn our trust and if they cannot then there is now Billions of people with the ability to bring "breaking" news to the masses via social media..

RA

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
We don't need the press when The Don has Twitter.

Nothing brightens my day more than when my phone dings and its another unskillfully worded rant from the man himself.

Don loves Twitter

Trump blasts civil rights icon John Lewis in Twitter attack

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The cognitive dissonance is appalling. You claim that we "need some new honest independent" media and you call for the White House to bring about this change by what? Waging a war with the media and selectively promoting or punishing media outlets based on how favorable the coverage of the administration is?

Clearly you do NOT want independent media — the government approving the press is the antithesis of independentyou want authoritarian control over the media.
edit on 2017-1-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The cognitive dissonance is appalling. You claim that we "need some new honest independent" media and you call for the White House to bring about this change by what? Waging a war with the media and selectively promoting or punishing media outlets based on how favorable the coverage of the administration is?

Clearly you do NOT want independent media — you want authoritarian control over the media.

When you say favorable coverage do you mean outright lies?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They should totally do it. Put the mainstream parasite and vulture press in their rightful place.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Actually Trump needs to keep the press as close as possible so they can be monitored otherwise he is at the mercy of

leaked news. Leaks can't be plugged when money is involved. Donald as a tactician is a miserable failure. Remember those tiny little cameras Trump told us about during his "news" conference?

Besides Trump loves the camera and attention to much!!

Or perhaps Trump could set up a state sponsored and controlled news org. like little Kimmie and his bro Putin.
edit on 15-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Is a good idea but rest assure that the fake media CNN and their cohorts will turn this into a battle against free media rights

I predicted this already.

Just watch out for it.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lol this body of knaves you refer to as "press" hasnt reported any actual news in some time. Your argument only holds water in a world where unbiased investigative reporting actually takes place.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Independent honest media was killed back in the 70s when the media monopoly was created by a few conglomerates, now many of the media outlets in the US is actually foreign majority shareholders owned.

I did a search on who owns who in the US a while back, you be surprised how is spans the ownership of America many media outlets from Australia to the Middle east.

No wonder is favoritism when it comes to whom become president in the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

When you say favorable coverage do you mean outright lies?

You mean an outright lie like this one?

TRUMP: As far as BuzzFeed, which is a failing pile of garbage, writing it, I think they're going to suffer the consequences. They already are. And as far as CNN going out of their way to build it up — and by the way, we just found out [as] I was coming down ... it was a different Michael Cohen they were talking about. All night long, it's Michael Cohen. I said I want to see your passport. He brings his passport to my office. I say, hey, wait a minute. He didn't leave the country. He wasn't out of the country. They had Michael Cohen of the Trump Organization was in Prague. It turned out to be a different Michael Cohen. It's a disgrace what took place. It's a disgrace, and I think they out to apologize, to start with, [to] Michael Cohen.

That's a lie. CNN didn't cover the contents of the dossier. In fact, the only item from the dossier that CNN did cover was Jack Tapper reporting that the Michael Cohen in the dossier was, according to his sources, NOT the Michael Cohen who is Donald Trump's lawyer:

There was a Michael Cohen in Prague, a government source told CNN, but it wasn’t the Michael Cohen an uncorroborated report identified as President-elect Donald Trump’s legal counsel.

The shocking report claimed that Cohen, the executive vice president of the Trump Organizations and special counsel to Trump himself, traveled to Prague to meet with Russian officials in August. It also claimed Cohen’s Ukrainian father-in-law had a dacha, or cottage, near that of Russian President Vladimir Putin. CNN’s Jake Tapper noted Wednesday that his reporting suggested a different Michael Cohen with the same birthday traveled to Prague around the same time under a foreign passport.

Here's a thread I did about Donald Trump straight up lying about a GOP consultant to punish her for expressing a critical opinion. (something else Trump supporters applauded at the time even though, once again — he was lying)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's not easy to see how the press would suffer from this move, except symbolically ("they've been banned!").
If it becomes an issue, that would show how much people are obsessed with symbolism.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I did a search on who owns who in the US a while back, you be surprised how is spans the ownership of America many media outlets from Australia to the Middle east.

not to mention those Joos. huh?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why does it matter where the press is located at? I mean, why is it so important to have it within the white house itself? It seems like they would have more space to work in the conference center next door. Wouldn't it be a win/win for everyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Nothing says freedom and the American way like banning the press you don't agree with from the White House. Why didn't I see Trump was such a freedom loving American until now?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If they do relocate the press I'm glad. If nothing else this election has shown everyone (no matter where your opinion fell on any of the candidates) that these days the mainstream media is more about twisting stories to their station owner's own political agendas rather than reporting facts without bias. Whatever happened to unbiased, ethical reporting of the facts? It seems the only places it exists anymore is in alternative media- and it is even a rarity there!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join