It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little objectivity on the USA's latest pick for President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes, of course that is what the citizens are for, support the military in china. If we can't beat the middle east how does Trump expect us to beat china? Gambling on a back down to repeat JFK. That is insane.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yes, of course that is what the citizens are for, support the military in china. If we can't beat the middle east how does Trump expect us to beat china? Gambling on a back down to repeat JFK. That is insane.

I don't see the ME and China as comparable. 'Nation rebuilding'/regime change isn't anywhere the same as a head to head fray- be it military or economic- between the U.S. and China. Much higher necessity level and serious efforts when dealing with the latter.

Especially when the ME mess is largely led by non-U.S. interests.

Frankly, I do NOT see any scenario where China can 'win' ....as long as those who keeps selling out our interests to China are no longer in power.
edit on 15-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

China sent a warning to Trump that the One China Policy is not negotiable. Publicly. Now they can never back down.
www.foxnews.com...

thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Think about it America... Your last three Presidents have all taken office under an increasingly large cloud of controversy.

Fortunately, we are still free to protest the outcomes.

Maybe, just maybe it's time y'all just accept that you have all created an absolute circus and farce out of democracy for yourselves and just get on with it.

I am hoping that the debacle of the past two decades will inspire us to fix what's wrong, despite the efforts of the enemies of democracy to sow the seeds of despair.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Yes AND THIS!

Melania's hands look bigger than her husband's. At least she's got that going for her.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Why do you keep going on about China? The ME and China are two completely different paradigms!

Regarding JFK, I assume you're referring to the Cuban Missile Crisis. First of all, China is not moving nuclear warheads to an island 90 miles off the coast of the US, so there's not going to be any Chinese Missile Crisis. And if you're thinking about the Spratly's, it ain't gonna' happen there either. In fact, the Spratly's are further from the US coast than mainland China is. Besides, ballistic missile submarines made stand-offs like the Cuban Missile Crisis obsolete anyway.

Comparing the west's debacle in the ME to a war with China is like comparing scotch-tape to eggs. A conventional war with China is not going to happen. Not unless China did something foolish like an outright invasion of S. Korea (which isn't going to happen), or a Pearl Harbor like strike on Hawaii. China just wouldn't be this foolish, and that's not how they roll anyway.

The failures in the ME have no comparison to what would happen in a war with China. The US would never be foolish enough to engage China on their home turf. It would be suicide, and we/they know it. Equally, China would never be foolish enough to launch an invasion on mainland USA. Again, it would be suicide and the Chinese know this.

What's going on in the ME could be roughly equated to a really bad police operation, nothing even remotely like a "war".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

And they've said publically for a thousand years that they will rule the World. They can't back down on that either.

It might take them 50,000 years to do it, but they didn't back down.

See the difference?

China plays a waiting game. It's their strategy; unyielding force over a long period of time. There's actually a word for it in Chinese but it doesn't translate well into English.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

better to have long fingers than a mans apple where it shouldnt be.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

better to have long fingers than a mans apple where it shouldnt be.

Except there is no adam's apple. Stop spreading fake news.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

China sent a warning to Trump that the One China Policy is not negotiable. Publicly. Now they can never back down.
www.foxnews.com...

thehill.com...

Look, your probably much smarter than me, but I think you omit a few too many points in this China issue. First, I hang my hat on the fact Trump IS a negotiator, first and foremost. I do NOT believe his goal is 'defeat China'. His goal is to level the playing field and believes U.S. ingenuity will take care of the rest and the U.S. will recover to a viable level.

Taiwan? I don't think, at this juncture, that Trump gives a rat's ass about Taiwan. His purpose is the U.S.. I would even wager Trump will/would concede a two-China policy IF in return China cede a more level playing field. Hell, what a great negotiation lever Taiwan becomes!!.....

If you ARE correct that China will not back down, whatsoever, then I can only conclude we are and have been at war China for a while now, albeit, an economic one, so far.

If that is the case, then it's time to respond in kind before it becomes even more imbalanced and more in favor of China.

To do nothing, is also insane. Which is the more insane? Subjective, at best. If one isn't, even at a lip-service level, willing to fight, then it's already over. They've won.

Yes, Trump will negotiate downward. However, ignore him and he will double down.

I, for one, support him fully.....so far.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Either that or we live in a country where increasingly there are people who have two sets of beliefs about which direction this country should go in, and the people on those two sides are increasingly ramping up to having a war about which way it needs to go.

When you look at them, those sets of beliefs are often antithetical in a directly opposed sort of way with little middle ground to compromise.

So long as that state of affairs exists, it will be very, very difficult to find a leadership that the opposition doesn't try to create a cloud of illegitimacy about.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am not smarter. I have grandchildren. I pray you are correct and he will not lose his temper.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I am not smarter. I have grandchildren. I pray you are correct and he will not lose his temper.

Me too.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Not in the photo I posted, winner.

Stop blowing smoke up my as* denying the obvious.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

The insanity of Trump supporters is astounding.

They post riveting things like birth certificiates, he has purple lips and his wife has an Adam's apple.

Then they defend and pivot against the idiotic things that Trump has done. It's pure insanity.

Look most people who didn't vote for Trump didn't really like Hillary either. We also hope Trump does a good job. But we feel like we are on a plane and just watched a drunk pilot walk into the cockpit. Stop defending indefensible positions with either complete lies or pure pivots.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Not in the photo I posted, winner.

Stop blowing smoke up my as* denying the obvious.

I think whatever's been up your a** was there long before I ever came along.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No matter what a first lady looks like, she resides in the white house, not towers.

And a woman belongs in the kitchen too, right? Thank god we live in America where people have freedom of choice!

I wouldn't want to live in the WH either, god knows how many different intelligence agencies have that place bugged looking for ways to blackmail the first family.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Nobody actually knows where he was born.

Actually we do know.

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

Either the publisher screwed up or in 1991 Obama was Kenyan born and now somehow born in the states. Doesn't matter either way his mother was American and thus making him an American citizen.

He was simply using that Kenyan birth as a means to get financial aid and most likely ladies. It seems it spiraled out of control and created the birther movement. Funny how he essentially created the birther movement by being a shifty little snot.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Housewives are not national security risks.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Either that or we live in a country where increasingly there are people who have two sets of beliefs about which direction this country should go in, and the people on those two sides are increasingly ramping up to having a war about which way it needs to go.

When you look at them, those sets of beliefs are often antithetical in a directly opposed sort of way with little middle ground to compromise.

So long as that state of affairs exists, it will be very, very difficult to find a leadership that the opposition doesn't try to create a cloud of illegitimacy about.

I'm glad that you can recognise that from an internal perspective.

For a number of years we have been seeing how divided America is becoming. Here's the kicker - the world needs a strong America. We need you guys to find a way to unite again in the vision of the founding fathers.

Every single American needs to do two things; Look, really look at the death and destruction division has caused in Syria and Libya then remember the age old saying "United we stand, divided we fall."

A civil war in the USA would be positively apocalyptic with all the weapons you guys have, and that fact there are nukes laying around all over the country - scary.

We also need to bring Russia into the fray. Why would I say such a crazy thing you ask?

China.

A nation of 1 billion people is rising. And rising fast. You should see what they are doing to little old NZ - it's absolutely disgusting. They are literally buying up everything in sight. They are not even subtle now about how they are trying to influence the government. They are literally taking a small, beautiful and once free nation over like a hostile corporate takeover. And nobody is doing a damned thing to stop it.

They are doing the same thing all over the Pacific.

China has a place in the world, but it is definitely not as a super power. And the only way to prevent that from happening is for two former foes to come together with a new vision of global affairs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join