It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleppo, Syria war in Pictures -plus- Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So there is this war in Syria. Don't ask me who is fighting who now.. It might be quicker to say who isn't fighting over there

Heck, even a US Presidential candidate didn't know!

Being in Europe, we see all the results of this war each day, with all the incoming refugees. They come over here in large groups (Thanks Angela Merkel...). Some good people, some not so. But thats not where I want to go with this.

In my daily web browsing I came to the following page. It gives a small peak in the results of a war in Aleppo. There is no gore, no blood pools, and I think it is SFW, so don't worry!

Link to Website with Photo's

I really wonder what Trump will do with the Syria problem, with or without Russia. And -when- the war is over, does anyone have any thought on the possibility of the return of refugees? Will they go back? Will they stay in Europe (and some in the US)? And why?

I'm afraid they will stay here. The support from our government is addictive to most. They didn't make the trip to the wealthy part of the world for no reason did they? Safety is in so many places that are closer to Syria?
On the other hand, it would take years/decennia to rebuild Syria. So where would they go back to?

Again, I'm looking forward to your thoughts!

To Mods: I hope this is the correct forum for this. Otherwise feel free to replace it.

PS. Because of the time difference it is possible that I Reply a bit late. Sorry for that...
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: added PS

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I must be truthful, a don't give a sh$t about the Middle East. Burn baby burn, alla snackbar and all that! I'm more concerned about my family, medical, food, gas prices. I'm okay not being the worlds enemy or policemen. Let us fix our own backyard first.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
I must be truthful, a don't give a sh$t about the Middle East. Burn baby burn, alla snackbar and all that! I'm more concerned about my family, medical, food, gas prices. I'm okay not being the worlds enemy or policemen. Let us fix our own backyard first.

Then you should give a damn.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
@ WUNK22
If the war in Syria stops, there will be less refugees.. So -your- backyard would have less problems.
So maybe you should care a little bit more?

I agree that the -West- should not be the wiseguys telling everybody how they are doing everything wrong and they should be like us, because we are so great... But if you have the fallout of the problems, maybe you should fix the source of the problems?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think you seriously aught to look at the demographics of the vast, vast majority of these so called refugees. They are nothing of the sort. They are economic migrants. They have not escaped from war torn countries, especially Syria. If they are all Syrian then before the war there they must have had the population in the billions. Which they did not.
They only say they are from Syria to get to stay in your country, if they told the truth they would be processed differently and returned from whence they came.
Yes, I agree there are genuine refugees but the majority of them stay close to their home country as they want to return when the troubles are over.
Look at all the film of the fleeing "refugees" in their inflatable boats. They are nearly all 16 to 30 year old males with a couple of children among them. And I HAVE to be cynical here, the children are only there for the photo opportunity for sympathy for them to be taken in.
Think on this one. If you were the male of the family would you flee and leave your wife or children behind in a war torn country? Would you send your 8 or 10 year old child alone to flee? If you are a reasonable human you would not. Use your intelligence and see you are being played by your government but more importantly by these so called "refugees".

top topics

join