It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Mud Pit" Experiment is a Complete Failure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Nice is easy.

Clever is better.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
#Mudflakes

Fear the dirt-clods

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When your english knowledge is extremely limited, you need those witty comments to make a point

And also, drunk is better

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

And also, drunk is better

It can be.
Sometimes.

Depends on your point of view and how drunk.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
From a native English speaker: that's not funny. Or clever.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You just wait till CNN publishes an article about this as well...It'll be funny then. I can already imagine it. Liberals blackmailing Nikola014 to post anti-Trump and anti-Russian posts

Brought to you by some cheap russian vodka
edit on 647k2017Saturdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Agreed, I feel most at home in the Pit, I think it has something to do with being a sucker for truthful conversations and I must have my daily dose of my favourite provocateur theantediluvian - and as we've agreed before, this is irrespective of ones political ideology.

The Mud Pit is definitely more real. If you want an honest opinion, you don't say, "Tell me what you really think but don't say anything that might offend me."

And if you think of posting like painting, posting in other forums is like painting with a only a handful of colors. How accurately can a painter depict a scene if he's unable to reproduce the spectrum of colors that he sees? How constrained is a painter's ability to provoke a reaction when he's limited to only muted colors?

Take you for instance, you've reached the status where threads are created about you (and subsequently 404'd), where new and old members know whose authored the thread, just by reading the title - that's you, my main man in the mud pit.

You are like a Jesus - a rowdy zealot with a cool message whose very presence elicits divide - that's why I luv ya like a brother.

Thanks man, I love you too! Your posts are always first rate — insightful and well articulated.

I'm not at all opposed to people agreeing with me but without competition, there's no evolution and that applies to ecosystems of ideas every bit as those of biological organisms.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I really enjoy reading and NOT participating in the mud pit. The various views and arguments when unfiltered kind of help me get my head around some topics. I am not the best debater, and I am not great in arguments, so I enjoy reading along both sides of heated discussion.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's right, friend. I'm glad the triggered righties haven't slowed you down at all. It would be a shame if this place turned into an echo chamber.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The mud pit is a great idea, and without it, the bickering would infect other boards due to no other outlet for partisan debate.

I second this motion. The mud put helps regulate political smut and personal attacks to a separate part of the forum where it (ideally) won't spill over to the conspiracy stuffs.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I speak in real life just how I speak here on ATS and in this section.. Mud Pit. I havent had any problems, and I have rotten hard boiled beliefs. LOL! Then again, I could have been insulted and never knew it.. given my habit of **SQUIRREL" and off to another topic and never check replies to a post.

One thing this election has done is taken the mask off of many members... and exposed who or what they really are. Never seen so many rabid angry love and light folks in my life... LOL!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I wasn't really aware of it until yesterday. I just come online to the "recent" list and click on topics- I don't always pay attention to what forum they were in.

I just decided today that the Mudpit is not for me. It seems like a terrible waste of energy to me, to go on for pages calling people names back and forth.. when that same energy could be used for developing constructive thought. But I guess we all have different interests and needs, and since this sort of behavior exists in some proportion on every site, there must be some people that need to do that. Maybe they are too pleasant and agreeable in everyday life and have a lot of pent up hostility to take out? God knows that is safer to do online, where there is no immediate physical threat or reflexes!

So I guess the mudpit has it's place and utility on the world, no matter what I think about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I think people just like to debate their opinions and trigger people with opposing views. The forum as a whole is entirely non constructive so I don't think it's worth spending time on. But, I suppose it's better that people have a place to do that than not.

I do however wish that the front page wasn't 50% mud pit posts.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'll be the first to say I loved the idea of the Pitt at first. Seemed like a good place to put all the partisan trolling and vitriol into and let people 'let loose' so to speak. You'll have noticed the rules in that forum are a bit more lax.

Post election season, I'd rather (personally) things go back to pre-pitt days, as the trolling and political bickering and partisanship has only gotten worse.

BUT - what one of my fellow colleagues made me realise is that the Pit is a honey pot. And without it, we would find the content bleeding into every other little discussion we have back here - which is still does, albeit far less.

In any case, I support the Pitt, and not because I'm staff - I support it because everybody needs a place to vent and rip on the other side without the fear of getting banned.

The Pitt is that place, so long as the very short list of rules we have for that forum are followed.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This whole site is losing the plot.
It's been going this way a few years and seems as bad as ever.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The "mud pit" is an encouragement to engage in the same I'll mannered communication that ATS is now known for.

The communication here is much different than it used to be (was reading way before I signed up).. It's done nothing but gone downhill.

Now, instead of reading ATS all the time; I casually browse when my wife's watching 'housewives of Beverly hills' - and I specifically stay away from the "mud pit".

ATS is no longer a source for alternative news, so much as a black hole for kids/trolls to put each other down (vs polite debate).

What made ATS good, is gone.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think people in general are becoming meaner, ruder, unkind, you name it.

I'm not sure what it is, but some both people both on and off ATS, seem less compassionate and sympathetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't see a whole lot of difference between the two.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

That's all well and good except that it pollutes the hell out of the rest of the site by virtue of Mud Pit threads being listed on the Recent list with titles like:

"LIBERAL IDIOTS Demonstrate Why Their Power Has Been Declining For YEARS"
"America behold your Snowflake-in-Chief"

Yes, picking both sides here. Just boot Mud Pit out of the Recent list and I would be happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join